North Shore Bi-Weekly meet at Starbucks on Rt 1A in Beverly | FerrariChat

North Shore Bi-Weekly meet at Starbucks on Rt 1A in Beverly

Discussion in 'New England' started by sam231, Apr 4, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sam231

sam231 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2004
    RI
    Spring is in the air, but no noise yet....Brandon, Birdman, do I have to come north and jump start you guys?

2. RMDC

RMDC Formula 3

May 15, 2005
    Boston, North Shore
    Hello Sam - Good to hear from you. Met up with Brandon and Brian on an unusually warm February day, but have not heard from Brandon since then. I'm sure he'll post some dates for the group. Looking forward to the coming year - - Going to Hartford this year?

3. sam231

sam231 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2004
    RI
    Hope to......Car is running well after major suspension surgery over the winter, and am now focusing on fixing poor steering issues. Had it out for a run last Sunday up Rt.102 in RI and all worked to expectation.

4. Ferrari 328 Euro

Ferrari 328 Euro Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Hey guys....

Brought out the Red Mennace this past Sunday to Starbucks, but we did not see anyone..... ended up just hanging out in Essex and then back home to Salem.

It seemed that the scheduling issue last year was not all that popular. How about we just have a standing time of 9:30 at Starbucks in Beverly on Sundays? Seems easier for everyone, rather than trying to change/cancel plans... No pressure, just an opportunity to grab a cup of coffee and to hang out with each other.

5. Ferrari 328 Euro

Ferrari 328 Euro Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Speaking of which.... anyone know what this Sunday will be like?

6. sam231

sam231 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2004
    RI
    Hi Brandon....56 and sunny. I am having steering issues and cannot make it but will try to swing by later this year.

7. Fred Cohen

Fred Cohen Rookie

Dec 1, 2005
    If you guys set up a regular Starbucks thing in Beverly I'd be happy to join with my White TR from Danvers.

8. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Brandon, I wish I’d known! Will try for a brief appearance Sunday. Flying to the UK on business later in the day so time is an issue. Would love to see Fred’s white TR! Hope to see you Sunday.

9. Fred Cohen

Fred Cohen Rookie

Dec 1, 2005
    Is this the address?

29 Enon Street Beverly

10. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    I think that is the correct address. Rt.1A just before the Hamilton-Wenham line.

11. RMDC

RMDC Formula 3

May 15, 2005
    Boston, North Shore
    See you there

12. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Birdman's in the Phillipines, filming an underwater video. Tough job, but somebody's got to do it ;).

He is suppoed to be back sometime this weekend.

Might be able to make 9:30 occasionally. I'm an hour away, & catch up on my sleep on weekends, so earlier just doesn't work for me.

13. LookingForACure

LookingForACure Karting

Apr 9, 2006
    Boston environs
    All,

I am a current Porsche driver and am considering giving over to the Prancing Horse. Would it be terribly uncouth of me to join up with you at Starbucks, some Sunday morning?

I am anxious to learn more about the Ferrari ownership experience and am looking for guidance regarding Ferrari search, service, and storage in the Boston area.

I am aware that Ferrari or New England is in transition and am concerned about getting too involved with them until the dust settles (under new ownership and in a new facility.) How have your experiences been with BSC and with IFS? Are there others to consider in the region?

Please let me know if a 16 year old Porsche C4 (bright blue) would be a welcome nuisance at one of your gatherings.

14. RMDC

RMDC Formula 3

May 15, 2005
    Boston, North Shore
    As long as you want to talk about Ferraris, stop by - At one point, we all had the same questions you have. This morning we had John - 348 Spyder; Fred - TR; Rich - 308. On rare occasions we have had as many as 8 F-cars.

15. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Well,
    While you guys were kicking back Java & BSing, Gaspar, Chris & I were doing some Ferrari restoration.

We ground the chipped body filler off of my spoiler, & layed up new fibreglass to replace the cracked stuff. It's now curing. Next weekend I expect to cleanup the new fibreglass, fill in the chips along the spoiler's front edge, & install T-nuts in the spoiler's bottom for a front license plate bracket.

Probably still a couple of weekends to go after that before it'll be painted & back in the car.

I've now got nice cushiony foam bumpers on the front edges of the garage steps(don't ask me why)...

16. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Hey Everyone,
    I'm in the airport in Detroit and of course the first thing I do after arriving back into the USA is check Fchat. As soon as I get home, the cars will come out of winter mothballs. Are the streets salt-free now???

I have been in the Philippines for 6 weeks, so it was a frozen arctic wasteland when I left.

Birdman

17. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Driving season is here again...
    Salt season ended a couple of weeks ago. Roads have been rinsed off by infrequent showers. Towns are starting to vacuum up the gravel.

18. JayO

JayO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Hey Guys,

This thread is making me miss the 328 even more than I already did. It wasn't hard to be sports car-less during the winter, but it's getting tougher now that the weather has turned. But, I still plan on meeting up on the occasional Sunday and living vicariously through all of you.

19. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    #19 enjoythemusic, Apr 12, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Yo, where were you guys this past weekend?Saturday was a bit cool, yet Sunday was AWESOME!!! You could have been on the track driving, or at least shown up as the lone Italian car cheering section :(

Please hold these dates in mind for NHIS (Loudon, NH track)

July 3 and 4 (you can drive on track if you register)

October 21 and 22 (you can drive on track if you register)

There is a Watkins Glen event May 1, 2 (SCDA, sold out i think) and FCA May 3 and 4 (maybe still available).

In July is an FCA event at Lime Rock that includes Challenge races and other goodies. FCA Empire State JUST posted application for drivers, but you can always go just to sight see all the great cars.

And of course (shameless plug) October 25 and 26 for Celebrazione Italiana (link below).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. Pizzaman Chris

Pizzaman Chris F1 Rookie

Mar 13, 2005
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Pizzaman Chris
    I'll try to get down there some Sunday, if i ever get my speedometer back. :)

21. Pizzaman Chris

Pizzaman Chris F1 Rookie

Mar 13, 2005
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Pizzaman Chris
    Hey Steven,
    That's a cool shot of your car. Hmmm, cool enough to print it and hang it in my garage. :D

22. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    :D

Well, i had about 220 lbs of 'penalty ballast,' also called an instructor, as i was going for my COMSCC license (and earned it that day).

23. Pizzaman Chris

Pizzaman Chris F1 Rookie

Mar 13, 2005
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Pizzaman Chris
    You know, i was thinking of changing my hair color to white. A nice ride from you should take care of that. I have to mark this down: Make appointment with Steven for hair color. :D

24. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    I think it's your knuckles that will go white!

:)

BIRDMAN

25. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    All are welcome. We are a friendly bunch. We MIGHT even let JayO back into the fold. ;)

Birdman