North Coast Exotics for PPI? | FerrariChat

North Coast Exotics for PPI?

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by innerstrength1@, Aug 29, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. innerstrength1@

innerstrength1@ Karting

Jan 29, 2017
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Dan B
    Dear Ferrari Friends:

I'm a newcomer to this community and am considering the purchase of a car in Cleveland, OH. Any thoughts on Earl Gibbs from North Coast Exotics for conducting a PPI for me?

Thanks,
    Dan

2. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I would put this in the regional sub-forum. However when I was considering a car in that area Earl was the recommended go to guy.

3. innerstrength1@

innerstrength1@ Karting

Jan 29, 2017
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Dan B
    Will do. Thank you.

4. innerstrength1@

innerstrength1@ Karting

Jan 29, 2017
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Dan B
    Dear Ferrari Friends:

I'm a newcomer to this community and am considering the purchase of a car in Cleveland, OH. Any thoughts on Earl Gibbs from North Coast Exotics for conducting a PPI for me?

Thanks,
    Dan

5. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    He did one for me....Stand up guy, great mechanic, tops in his field..

6. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Dan -

Earl is great to deal with. I had him to my PPI on a car at Marshall Goldman. Honest and he works for you. I would recommend you do some research and provide Earl some specific items you want looked at. He ended up hooking up the Leonardo and ran through the diagnostics with me and then we looked over the other items, suspension, tires, rims, fluids, etc.

If you don't mind me asking, are you buying from MG? If so what car?

7. 4Italia

4Italia Rookie

Nov 19, 2008
    Erie Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Earl is a stand up guy and does fantastic work. Has worked on all my Ferrari's over the years. PM me if you would like to get more info.

8. 4Italia

4Italia Rookie

Nov 19, 2008
    Erie Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Dan,
    PM me if you would like more info on Earl. Super guy and I highly recommend him. Has worked on all my Ferrari's over the years. Honest to a T!

9. innerstrength1@

innerstrength1@ Karting

Jan 29, 2017
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Dan B
    Thanks guys. Earl PPId the car today. And yes, 338Lapua, I'm now the very proud owner of my first Ferrari. It's a 1999 360 coupe 6 speed from MG. I can't wait to have it delivered and I look forward to becoming more involved in the Ferrari community.

10. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Dan -

Congrats!

11. 4Italia

4Italia Rookie

Nov 19, 2008
    Erie Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Dan,
    Congratulations and enjoy! My first Ferrari came from MG's and I have purchased more from them since. John Ashe is my salesperson and a super guy! Glad to hear things went well with Earl!

12. DOWORKFCAR

DOWORKFCAR Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2016
    Congrats! Earl also did a PPI for my 550 at Marshal Goldman. He is currently doing a major on my car. Stand up guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. vas360

vas360 Rookie

Jun 10, 2011
    Hunting Valley Ohio
    Earl's knowledge and integrity are both impeccable.

14. Kruegmeister

Kruegmeister Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 24, 2016
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Kruegmeister
    Make Sure YOU Pay for it and you get it in Writing.
    Earl told me my Clutch was 66% when it was in fact at 1%
    Turns out that Earl does work for the Dealer in Medina so I don't think in my case he was Honest at All.
    My Fault for letting the Dealer pay for the PPI and trusting that Earl was "Old School" and that was why I got my Results via a Phone Conversation.
    I'm totally happy with my Car and the Extra Money I had to pay for a Clutch still had me well below what I would have bought if I went to my Local Dealer + their 430 I didn't like the top color.

OH... Darn, realized this is old and somebody brought it back to the Front Wednesday.

15. Jim Hultman

Jim Hultman Rookie

May 22, 2018
    The frozen tundra
    OH... Darn, realized this is old and somebody brought it back to the Front Wednesday.[/QUOTE]

Glad you did. I'm considering Earl for a PPI right now! THANKS!

16. root

root Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2012
    Bay Area, Ca
    Earl did PPI for me. He is a nice guy and easy to deal with, but I would not use him for a PPI again. He reported only the obvious things on the PPI, but missed reporting collapsed engine mounts, oil leak from the front engine cover, leaking ac compressor, and a few other minor things. I thought these items should've been pretty obvious to see and report in a PPI. He did the previous belt service on the car, but he used all after market cheap parts including no name timing belts and tensioner bearings. The tensioner bearings were leaking less than 700 miles after he reported replacing them on July 2016. Was lucky to discover they were leaking while having my car serviced locally. My recommendation is if you're going to have Earl do PPI for you then you should give him specific items to check and report to you backed up with photos.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. QuattroporteS

QuattroporteS Rookie

Apr 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    Kevin Flynn
    #17 QuattroporteS, Apr 8, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    Glad you did. I'm considering Earl for a PPI right now! THANKS![/QUOTE]

I know Earl personally. PM me if you want good local contacts. Earl is meticulous and extremely committed to specific paths in the auto world.
    ALL he does is Italian and British. My father has a vanquish and it's the ONLY place he will take it.

These are the TOP shops that ONLY do their brand and have over 20 years in the business.

1)Earl Gibbs
    Northcoast Exotics - Downtown Cleveland (East Cleveland)
    (216) 651-5512
    https://north-coast-exotics-inc.business.site/
    Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Aston Martin, Lotus

2)Eric Steinel
    Steinel's Auto - Twinsburg, OH
    (330) 425-8582
    https://steinels.com/
    Porche (THE authority on ALL things Porche.)
    If you're familiar with the 959, he's the sole shop in the state qualified to service that car

3)Floyd Daniels
    LMS BMW Motorsports - Hudson, OH
    (330) 650-4028
    http://www.lmsbmw.com/contact/
    Former Leirich Motorsport mechanic purchased the shop
    Fair pricing and AMAZING work. These are probably the worst cars to work on and they DO IT ALL.
    Brake sync or battery sync.. many shops CANNOT do that. They can. They have full factory equipment.
    Not even all DEALERS can say that!! It took him 15 years and heavy cash to get that equipment.

BODY WORK:
    This is the ONLY place in the upper 48 you want to take your car. Investigate this if you doubt.
    People ship their cars in from other countries to have Stan work on them.

NOTE: DO NOT confuse this place with another copy cat in DAYTON Ohio. Not even close.
    The fact he robs the name to steal business tells you enough about that character.
    The WRONG site is euroclassix. NOT Dayton, Willowick.

Stan Teskac
    European Classics - Willowick, OH
    440-585-7031

I cannot emphasize enough on how incredible the work Stan does is.
    I have had some cars that looked better after he worked on them than when I had first purchased it.
    HE ONLY uses factory parts and paints. PERIOD. He also has a rotisserie and a glass room (heat curing)
    You're committing a crime if you have any damage and you take it elsewhere.

Example:
    BMW 850csi - fair shape
    Was getting offers for it.

Took to stan. Remove dings, dents scrapes pits etc. Repair headliner, wet sand the clearcoat.

Was getting 30-40% more on offers afterwards.

AMAZING.

DiabloTerr likes this.
  18. DiabloTerr

DiabloTerr Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2010
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Terrance Findley
    Earl did the PPI for my Ferrari 360 F1. Image Unavailable, Please Login I’ve put over 3200 miles on the car since I purchased it last year, it has been rocksolid. North Coast Exotics did the fluid service on my 360 earlier this week and installed my Capristo Lvl 3 exhaust and sport cats. My car is running great and sounds like A Formula One car mixed with thunder! I can’t recommend Earl and North Coast Exotics enough. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

19. QuattroporteS

QuattroporteS Rookie

Apr 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    Kevin Flynn
    Forgot to mention, About Stan. The only drawback (if you really want to consider it that) is he only works on european cars.
    BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Ferrari, Jaguar, etc. etc.

He will not work on any domestic car or any Japanese/Korean cars etc.
    So if you have a Lexus LFA or a Honda NSX.. he will turn you down.

20. Tony K

Tony K Formula 3

Jun 7, 2006
    Toledo, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Tony K.
    I give a wholehearted endorsement to Stan, too. I have seen his work firsthand, and for an accident repair, you wont be able to tell it was ever damaged. He is also, as far as I know, the only person in the region fully qualified and equipped to repair the aluminum bodied Jaguars such as the X350 generation XJ saloons. I live in Toledo, but am planning to take a Mercedes to him this spring.

And if you need a windshield replacement, Stan works with/can recommend a guy in Medina who does many high end cars in the region. I regret that I can't think of his name right now, but he installed a new old stock Triplex windscreen in a low mileage 100% original Esprit S1 for me, and did a perfect job without getting any crumbs on the delicate original velvet interior. He also had a great solution to getting the windshield properly spaced and looking like the original "Solbit" sealant by using a foam dam with modern urethane. Details! :)

21. ifeelfree0

ifeelfree0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    Medina, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Will Stan do just paintwork? Looking to do have some rock chips fixed before I PPF. If he doesn’t do that type of work- any suggestions put there for the Clev area. I know a guy in Dayton who is expert level but would rather stay local

22. Tony K

Tony K Formula 3

Jun 7, 2006
    Toledo, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Tony K.
    I would think probably, but best to give him a call and find out - Stan Teskac, 440-585-7031

23. ifeelfree0

ifeelfree0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    Medina, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Thanks. I did call Stan in between posts here and he said he would have to see it first before he could commit so I will make some time with him