New to the Stable... | FerrariChat

New to the Stable...

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by richard_wallace, Sep 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    I posted this on the Mclaren link, but that seems to be separate site now. Since I have the F12 in the pictures thought I would share my newest edition to the family.. She is a 2019 Volcano Red 720s. It had just under 300 Miles from new when I got it (Today). Put 100 miles on it so far, it is still in break in mode until 650 miles. So I will need to put another 250 on it, after todays drive, to start to stretch her legs a bit.

Initial impressions are: This thing is a precise scalpel - the front forward seating position reminds me a lot of a porsche 918 or pagani from a seating position. Not even trying, it is brutally quick. Stability is almost AWD like - the tires hook up much like my previous AWD Lambos. Compared to the F12, it is night and day - the F12 will have the backend come out with even a medium touch of the long pedal. This thing seems to just dig and go. Again not taking it above 6K rpms, so not pushing it.

Obviously not as loud as the F12 or the L's. But it is not quite either. I am fine with the sound, albeit not going to turn heads like the F12 as that is pure music. Interior is very nice, never had alcantara before - it is nice and subtle (I did not go with anything wild interior wise). Normal carbon fiber and simple color scheme. Thank God for normal turn signals and easy use controls. I am a little tired of everything being a button on steering wheel of the Ferrari. Specifically turn signals, since every other car in the world has a stock, your muscle memory goes for it. Nice that this is at least easy to remember - oh and the horn is in the middle of the steering as well - normal is sometimes good.

The outside is so much different, it is a spaceship. The color is magnificent - changes colors in every angle and light. It is not a classic looking of course as the F12 and my other F cars over the years, but man it is certainly different and futuristic looking.

I do have to say the ingress and egress of the car with the dihedral doors is outstanding. This is just as easy to get in as the F12, easier than the L cars. Also with the doors open, it looks pretty cool :)

Looking forward to the next few drives when I start to see what this thing is like, post break in period.

Here are some pics:

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bobby_P, Makuono, Vegas CS and 9 others like this.
  2. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
  3. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
  4. spyder625

spyder625 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2017
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Good luck with both of them, she is a beauty and that color... love it

5. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Congrats and thanks for sharing. IMHO pics don't do the 720 justice, when you see one in person it really is an event. Especially with how low & wide it looks on the street, with parts visible underneath the rear bumper. Enjoy in good health

6. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Nice addition. Does it have a lifter ? Seems soooo low.

Drive it well.

Scotts

7. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Stunning real beauty!

8. richard_wallace

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    They are pretty low, and yes this one has a lifer (As did my Ferrari), but this one is a bit lower for sure and would need it.

9. Lindseyog3

Lindseyog3 Rookie

Feb 4, 2022
    Full Name:
    Lauren
    PLEASE contact me if you still have the OBXLAMBO plate! I have a huge question for you! Is this you? If so can you reach out to me via email? [email protected]

Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. richard_wallace

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    That is not me. I did have a Gallardo long ago, not that plate.