New to Nebraska :] | Page 3 | FerrariChat

New to Nebraska :]

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by ctvoigts, Jan 23, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. the head

the head Karting

Mar 6, 2008
    Des Moines IA
    Full Name:
    J. Hedden
    Anyone know of a mechanic in Omaha that has an SD3 or an ST5? I need some warnings reset on one of my maseratis and I dont want to have her shipped to minneapolis or chicago

2. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Closest place I know might be in KC - try a PM to CMPARRENZO on here, he owns part of a Ferrari shop down there.
    If he doesn't know, he'll tell you.

3. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Whisky, you live a mile from Boys Town and you've never seen the cars at Charleston's? Swing by Cigaros during the summer. I have or had a few Vipers, NSX, etc. and I'll probably get my Gallardo this summer. My buddy has a GT2 and his neighbor has a Stradale. There are 2 Murci's in Eagle Run alone and if you drive through Legacy during the summer take a peek at the rear of Harper's house if the garages are open. Shoot, I was in my Viper at 144th and Center with a 360 Spyder next to me and a yellow Diablo turning in front of us. Rare, I agree, but exotics are very common in West O. Berkshire has done very well this year and you will see more. The guy who crashed his Ford GT on Center near Rockbrook (B. Gratton) has a collection to die for also. I believe Willie T still has his yellow F40. I know Vipers aren't exactly exotic, but there are a ton of those also. One of my employees lives in Pacific Springs and has a newer NSX and the guy 2 houses down has a sweet 993tt. If you see an orange Gallardo blasting up the expressway towards 192nd this summer it will probably be me.

4. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I drive by Charleston's all the time, and I've never seen an Italian (exotic) car there.
    As you said, a Viper isn't an exotic, but it's still a nice car, even though Woodhouse
    sells more Vipers per year than any other dealer in the nation by far.
    I have no idea what a 'Harper's House' is, the only Harper of note that I know of lives
    in Ponca Hills.

I've never seen all the cars you describe, all I have ever done is HEARD about them,
    but I will admit I have never heard of a Stradale in this town.

Berkshire has done well for years - so that has no bearing on anything.
    And I have owned some BRK since 1983.

5. dasMafia

dasMafia Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2004
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    I think the big issue is that there is no well-organized F-car group in Omaha... at least not that I know of...

6. SDChris

SDChris Formula 3

Mar 8, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #56 SDChris, Mar 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Omaha is a real fickle car town.

You ask anyone who the greatest Grand Prix driver of all time is, and they will respond 'Earnhardt'.
    Or Joe Kosiski.

8. dasMafia

dasMafia Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2004
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    earnhardt has done more to ruin motorsports in his death than any other man.

9. enzo354

enzo354 Rookie

Sep 12, 2006
    The testarossa was in fremont at siddillon, the 430 at husker harvest days, and the 360 in fremont, i soptted it like a half block away, hard to miss that red !!

And im just around columbus, like by 15 min.

10. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando

Oh, I don't think I'd say that. Teresa Earnhardt maybe, but not Dale Sr.

And Enzo - I figured if I knew where you were, I could drop names, see if you know some folks that I know. PM me if you like.
    I know folks from all over this state. I went to high school with Sid Dillion's kids.

11. dasMafia

dasMafia Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2004
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    before then... you didn't see #3 and #8 stickers on every 3rd SUV and/or truck driving through this city... now you do.

but also... yeah, true enough!

12. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Oh, I see an awful lot of #20 and #24's around here, about as many as the #8's I see. But nowhere near as many #3's.
    Have not seen a #88 yet, apparently the magic is wearing off.....

I DID see an Acura about 12 years ago with a 'SENNA' license plate. Have not seen it since.
    It was at 'the Fox and the Hound' in front of Menard's.

13. ryan311

ryan311 Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2007
    Nebraska
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I was just driving through the Hawthorne area near 180th & Q this morning and saw a Yellow Murcielago roadster sitting in a driveway. Can't wait until it gets warmer and the city fixes all of the potholes so we can see these cars out driving.

14. jpohl402

jpohl402 Formula Junior

Saw the same car at Gold's Gym on 108th and Q...... temporary Dallas tags.......... nice new toy for a lucky someone........ first one in this area........

15. jpohl402

jpohl402 Formula Junior

Info please on some names, specifically Stradale and the Murcies in Eagle Run........PM me, the only one I can verify is the Ford GT of Grattons, no F40 anymore.........

16. SDChris

SDChris Formula 3

Mar 8, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    IIRC..this car was a local to us here in Sioux Falls...traded to LoD...and now has returned home to the midwest..the car is a MY06!

17. ryan311

ryan311 Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2007
    Nebraska
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    The Yellow Murci isn't the first in Omaha. About a 1 1/2 yrs ago I saw a light green Murci at the Phillips 66 next to Children's Hospital on Dodge St. I'm sure there are probably more in town too. I've also seen a few Gallardo's in town. There is an Orange, a Black, and also a Blue one that I've seen last summer/fall. From what others have told me, there is also two Red Diablos and a Black Diablo in the metro, although the Black Diablo never comes out. Not sure who owns any of them except for the new yellow Murci which is the same guy who used to have the yellow diablo.

18. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Not gonna get 'em I'd bet.
    I know a bunch of folks in Eagle Run, and Linden Estates, I suppose I could ask around, but it's not really worth the trouble, to be honest.

19. enzo354

enzo354 Rookie

Sep 12, 2006
    Well yesterday i finally got up to omaha and lincoln, the most exotic car i saw was a 911 cabriolet and it was really nice out.

20. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    There isn't much here, and what there IS here you won't see for a long long time, until all the winter sand, gravel and rock gets washed off the streets.
    I'd say June in most cases.
    All exotic owners know this.

21. ryan311

ryan311 Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2007
    Nebraska
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    The winter sand and gravel isn't keep everyone in. I just saw an Orange Gallardo turning west onto L street from 144th around 1:00PM today.

22. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I thought this was Ferrari Chat..... LOL

But, it keeps a lot of people in, it would me.

OK, 'Most' exotic owners know this... how's that ?

23. enzo354

enzo354 Rookie

Sep 12, 2006
    Once again we prove just how smart lambo owners are

And yea, ill probably blow off boredom time by just driving around omaha and spotting.

24. jpohl402

jpohl402 Formula Junior

The car has CA plates and was at Nico Sat. night...........

25. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando

Spotting WHAT ?

Black Jettas ?

Silver Mercedes ?

Rusted out Ford Explorers ?

Soccer moms in big-ass SUV's yakking on their cell phones while blowing thru amber traffic lights ?