New FF | FerrariChat

New FF

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by HBstig, Jan 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HBstig

HBstig Karting

Nov 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    HBstig
    After eyeing these awesome machines for over a year and decided to pull the trigger on one today. 2014 FF in red over black with 7500 miles. Unfortunately the car didn't have the options I wanted (pano roof, daytona seats and yellow rpm tach), but the condition of the car is immaculate.
    My plan is to do Novitec springs, and some kind of valved exhaust. Don't want to touch the downpipes though.
    I would love to get any advice on what to watch out for and what should i take care of right away. The car has a maintenance plan until Sept 2021. Any suggestions on reasonably priced exhausts and extended warranties would be great. Thank you in advance and I hope to learn from all of you.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

otakki, tomc, PTG1 and 2 others like this.
  2. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Richmond, VA + Düsseldorf, Germany
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    welcome in the boat, ill pick mine up next week. similar questions, lets see what the owners have to say.
    best!

3. HBstig

HBstig Karting

Nov 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    HBstig
    What specs is yours?

4. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Exhaust options range from a simple capristo valve controller to the reasonably priced Tubi and Capristo X-pipe and back box offerings to the no holds barred Novitec exhaust offering which also provides various states of ECU tune and manettino control of the exhaust valves.

there is something to suit everyone in terms of getting the sound louder or change the tune of it. YouTube is your friend when it comes to checking them all out - and in fact, there’s an FF exhaust thread running just right now.

Other tuning options include bigger wheels but opinion is divided on this. You’re trading looks for ride and handling. If you’re in the US then HRE seems to be the way to go, if you’re in Europe then it’s Novitec again.

Key advice from all current owners to all New owners is to change out the OEM battery immediately and buy a CTEK tender and keep the car on it. Replace the battery with interstate in the US or Varta in Europe. You’ll save yourself a lot of heartache if you do this simple step. By doing so, you reduce the occurrence of random error codes and it means that when you do get one, you should take it seriously.

CTEK tenders are available on Amazon worldwide and the adapter which you need for the Ferrari tender socket is available on eBay.com and eBay.co.uk at sensible prices.

good luck with your new cars and enjoy!

5. HBstig

HBstig Karting

Nov 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    HBstig
    Great info. Thank you

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  6. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Congrats! The FF is the only Ferrari V12 I like better without the shields. Is that Rosso Dino or Rosso Corsa? I saw one almost exactly like that in Rosso Dino about a year ago.

The pano roof is for the passengers, really, and it looks best on black cars where it blends in. Saw a yellow FF with a pano roof and didn't care for the look at all.

You can get a valved exhaust for that car that sounds quite civilized with the valves closed, and screams like a banshee with them open. There's a vid here somewhere.

Enjoy!

7. DavidRS4

DavidRS4 Karting

Oct 12, 2019
    For warranty your only real option is the new power train warranty direct from a Ferrari dealer. They will inspect the car and then sell you a warranty.

I bought my 2015 in Nov from a dealer and was glad in December I had the warranty when my $18k PTU died and was replaced under warranty.

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  8. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    If only doing back boxes, you should look into the Capristo exhaust. The quality is second to none, including Novi. One of our fellow FChatters also recently did an install with a back box only install on an 812, and found that it did not have a massive effect. I suspect that Novi tune their back boxes more for a complete system, than for stand-alone use. I have heard an FF with Capristo back box only, and there was a nice difference in sound and volume. You could consider the X pipe as well, but the sound signature of that is not for all. I like it, others don't.
    Then there's the Capristo valve controller - a must really.

Be aware that despite what some shops tell you, the Novi springs and lower profile tyres WILL compromise the ride. Not sure why they keep feeding people that B.S about them having no effect.

9. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    #9 chris0315, Jan 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2020

I was after LED Steering, yellow rev, grey outside tan inside.
    I WISH I WOULD HAVE HAD daytona but daytona and seat ventilation is hard to find. Furthermore not happy with the wheels but that is no problem.
    I would also have considered black outside, anything but not black inside basically. I like brighter interiors and this one is toscana. Very nice option.

On the exhaust side,
    I'm considering X-pipe and valve remote. In addition to the battery mod.What you do you guys think, is this OK or too loud? I need to haul a baby around from time to time. I want to keep the rest of the exhaust stock.
    Thanks

10. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    im embarrassed to ask this but can someone post a pic of daytona seats in an FF. im having a senior moment i guess.

11. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    Christoph
  12. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    wait so what do the standard seats look like? i have upgrade 2.

13. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    Christoph
  14. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    ok got it - in other models the Daytona seat actually has different shape and contours. in the FF its basically the same seat. sorry for my confusion

15. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    correct,

same seat 3 options.

standard, daytona, diamond.

all options (to my knowledge) available with standard leather and superior leather plus colored seams and whatever...

16. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    congrats to the OP. you will be addicted in no time!!!

HBstig and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  17. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Great one! I got the novitec springs; honestly, looks good but makes the ride harsh . I don’t recommend them.
    Exhaust beat sound for the price seems IPE at 5k with discount through vivid. I been considering it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Natkingcolebasket69

I got an X pipe capristo, I like it;)

chris0315 likes this.
  19. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Sure.

20. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i guess i did diamond because i did diamond on the ceiling - same as i have in my 612 oto

21. Natkingcolebasket69

I recommend x pipe it’s what I have so far.
    I am not impressed at all with the novi springs: car looks good but I think the tide is harsh with them. Plus Ferrari with them on will not extend ur power warranty.

chris0315 likes this.
  22. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    for a while i had my car lowered slightly as the oem springs can handle it...lasted 3 weeks before i put the car back to oem height. same on my 430 spider.

23. Natkingcolebasket69

Yes I would concur. It seems fine if the roads are in good shape or on track but on roads with pothole and other issues it’s not ideal imo.

24. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I love the diamond stitch. It is not in any way less desirable than the Daytonas.

25. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    Do you have X pipes only? What about the valve remote? Does that remote with the stock exhaust or with any other modification?
    I'm pretty sold on the X pipes bc the way I understand things is, at normal speed its fine, only with high rev you get that crazy screaming - what I'm after :D