New clutch for single disc Mondial t | FerrariChat

New clutch for single disc Mondial t

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by AR!, Aug 18, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AR!

AR! Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    My t Cab has the VIN 97397 (on of the last t´s ever built) and the Valeo clutch.

Now I need to replace the clutch. From the SPM we figured that we need those parts:

143567 clutch kit; "valid for F.E."

141575 bearing

143178 seal ring
    131651 seal ring
    139438 seal ring

Does anybody have additional advice? Anyone who knows about a non-Ferrari replacement for the clutch kit?

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    AR!,

As for our Valeo equipped Ferraris, I'm not sure I would be in favor of installing a non Ferrari component. But hey, what do I know? Please keep all us Valeo lovers "in the know".

Cheers, Hank

3. AR!

AR! Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Sorry, I have been unprecise: What I had in mind was the equipment from the original supplier (AP, Valeo, Sachs ..).

4. AR!

AR! Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    The clutch is out and was sent today to Nova Kupplungen, a company specializing in clutch recycling.

It seems that one of the seal rings went bad and let some transmission oil into the clutch .. .. thus there was some slippage which in turn triggered the clutch warning light.

But as the clutch is already out and quite close to the end of its lifecycle at 75.000 km we decided that a rebuild is in order. The estimate for having this done is under 400 EUR whereas the clutch kit from Ferrari would be close to 1000 EUR. However, probably I have to buy the bearing (is the bearing called throw-out-bearing in English ??) from Ferrari which is at approx. 150 EUR.

Seems the whole clutch job can be done for under 1000 EUR - not bad :)