New Bugatti Veyron Website | Page 2 | FerrariChat

New Bugatti Veyron Website

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by nking, Sep 19, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter

thanks....but i don't remember going anywhere.

you shouldn't abuse people.

everything was just dandy until then.

2. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    you live in a fantasy land .

3. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Play nicely in public children. Abuse via PM

:)

4. beama

beama F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2005
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve. G.
    Nev, despite all the credit sqeeze talk, the bank has the cure.(in one form or another) It's just a matter of doing a cost benefit excercise. The tricky bit is to try and be objective when doing it :)

5. beama

beama F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2005
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve. G.
    The car would definately fly.....that's an expert opinion.
    This isn't an expert opinion but for what it's worth, I reckon the scheme would be hampered with FBT implications and also lend itself to the avoidance provisions. If you could get it past that, then you would have to manage the joint ownership aspect to everyones' liking/satisfaction.

6. nking

nking Karting

Jun 9, 2005
    It still remains possible for me to buy this car and road register it in the Northern Territory even though the production waiting list is still a year out. I reckon this is the last year you will get to order as final production is capped at 300. I also believe that the used price will rise in 2010. If I had the financial resources of most of you guys I would buy the car in a flash but the reality is that even if I sell everything including the shirt off my back I still come up short on the 3 mill required. As long as no Veyron is imported before our car was displayed you could pay for a lot of the car at Motor Shows and Enthusiast events in the first 12 months.

For all those that want the point of the exercise just remember that no Ferrari purchase is essential or functional. This is not only a unique opportunity to own the world's fastest genuine production car but also make money.

If you experience the techology at work in a Veyron at full acceleration doing 0 to 100 in 2.5 seconds and then cruising in peak hour traffic just like an limosine you begin to understand the development that VW has put into this machine.

Anyway perhaps you can buy a plane for less that goes faster or a property than appreciate faster but this car will provide an experience better than your first sex and propell you into a world where billionaires and the powerful tread.

If anyone serious wants the info on how this would work you can contact me.

Makes me wish I realised earlier that working as an employee for 23 years was a waste of time. If you are reading this and you are till in your twenties working for the man get a life.....

Anyway enough self pity. Over to you guys.

7. beama

beama F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2005
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve. G.
    The 0-100 time definately gives me a stiffy. PM sent on another aspect.

8. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    i turn 31 soon, and i've been telling myself that for several years. :(

9. beama

beama F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2005
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve. G.
    It's time! (TM Gough)

10. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    it's BEEN time for a long time, i just have tiny testicles... that, or nothing i want to do. :\ anyhoo enough OT.

11. nking

nking Karting

Jun 9, 2005
    My advce then is marry well, hope for a big inheritance, win lotto, cos what you are doing will mean a life of Fiat's not Fazza's.

I know you are smart enough to be a lot better. GO FOR IT

Jus an old farts advice.

Neville

12. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    A cursory review of cars that maintain or improve on $3m values shows that they are either very old and very rare, have important competition and ownership provenance, or all of these. The Veyron is sort-of rare, but then again so are EB110's and these sell in the low 6 figures today. Remember that the EB110 was an ultra-expensive hyper-car in its day and nobody wants them now.

And there could be worse to come, the euro car mags speculate that VW will follow the Veyron with a badge-engineered Audi R8, probably with a Golf V6 in it, to sell in volume as an "affordable" Bugatti.

The game has changed at VW, they're in financial stress, the FIAT 500 will trounce their small car sales, their accountants will call the shots from here and Porsche now own enough of them to stop them building more super-cars.

13. nking

nking Karting

Jun 9, 2005
    Ok so I win if you are correct. Nothin I would like better than to be able to buy a used Veyron for 1 million bucks. Trouble is I just don't reckon it is going to happen even in ten years. Even a Falcon GTHO is worth that in see peoples eyes!!

14. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    Whilst I think the current "value" is ridiculous and unsustainable, the GTHO is a good example of the way logic works in the collectible car market. Win a country's most important race multiple times, hold on to a completely original car for 30+ years and then bingo!

Suggestion: buy yourself a 275GTB today for circa $1million, enjoy it for 3 years, then sell for $1.5million, buy a used Veyron and pocket the change.

15. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    hahaha...funny bugger

16. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Cars are for fun, the stock market/property is for making money. Any attempt to to justify cars as a rational investment is really just kidding yourself. If you apply the same accounting standards to "investment" in a car as you would for any conventional investment, the car never stacks up.

Life is short, buy the car that floats your boat; but try not to think of it as a great investment............ 'cause it most assuredly isn't !

17. beama

beama F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2005
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve. G.
    Speaking of fun, when's the NGT coming out to play? I haven't forgotten:)

18. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oops........ 15 th October at Winton private test day. You are officially invited.

19. beama

beama F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2005
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve. G.
    Thanks Scott, it's in the diary!

20. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

You're welcome :)

21. Kelsa

Kelsa F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2005
    Adult Toy Land
    Full Name:
    Crazy Chinaman
    wow, 360C the NGT is coming out for a run? and the F50?

cool stuff!

22. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    don't get too excited. i'm invited too :)

23. [355]

[355] F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2006
    Spacious tent
    Full Name:
    Harold Faltermeyer
    jesus...dont wreck it for him

24. beama

beama F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2005
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve. G.
    Bugger, just realised I've got another pressing engagement. :)

25. ASIO

ASIO Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 15, 2006
    Back in your box Bugatti :

http://editorial.carsales.com.au/car-review/2810076.aspx

MF1 Project 1221 to put them all in the shade!Just wait a bit more....................

Ciao

M