Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Carsleuth, Jun 14, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Formula 3

Jun 28, 2004
    fun for some but i think this game is just too horrible

just say is not the kind of game for me

2. BigP1202

BigP1202 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2007
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    Peter
    No Ferrari is a deal breaker for me. That F50 in the original was one of the reasons I got into exotic cars. Also, I played the demo and didn't really like drifting every single turn.

Waiting for TDU2 :)

3. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    This game looks good to me. But I'm buying GT5 before this.

4. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    We are talking about the 360/PS3/PC versions of the game :eek: The wii version prob is fun :eek:

Funny considering your username ;)

5. sgsuperman105

sgsuperman105 Karting

Nov 9, 2009
    Texas
    Full Name:
    C.R.
    While I dont like the arcadey feel of it, I am having a ton of fun with the photo mode. The graphics on the 360 version are awesome and I have managed to get some great shots.

6. BigP1202

BigP1202 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2007
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Wasn't going to buy it but I got it new for $35 on Black Friday and it's only 2 weeks old. I'm using it to keep me busy until TDU2 comes out.

Here's my thoughts:

First and foremost, it sucks. It's like some hybrid arcade/sim racing game. You can throw your car into a drift a 180mph yet you can't dodge cars that are in front of you. Steering goes from super light to super heavy. The tips say its not always best to drift your car through a turn, duh, so drive it through the corner instead. Thanks, but it's nearly impossible to NOT drift in this game. When I do slow down to hit the apex, some AI racer drifts around me and take my position away. WTF....

E-brake is ridiculous. I tried to yank the e-brake to slide around some wrecking cars in front of me, had it went to plan it would've look amazing, but it automatically kicks your car into a 180.

The cars sounds like utter crap, most sound exactly the same. And in case EA didn't get the memo, cars like the Carrera GT and 997.2 GT3 RS do NOT have 7 speed transmissions. Why am I shifting into a 7th gear while driving a CGT???

End Rant.

Overall a 5/10 rating from me. Can't wait to cruise around in a Ferrari in TDU2.

7. YellowS2KVTEC

YellowS2KVTEC Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2009
    Colorado Springs
    Best thing said in this thread so far.

8. 250californiafan

250californiafan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2006
    Shawnee, KS
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I gave up on expecting anything from newer NFS games a while ago. The last one I played was Undercover, which thankfully was only a rental. The last decent NFS game was the original Hot Pursuit for X-Box, although my best memories are from playing the original one on a PC. I will probably rent this to pass time, but will not expect much out of it.

9. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Looks like it offers wheels support now, I might buy it used if I can find it for less than 20 bucks but I'm sure that will happen in due time.

10. BigP1202

BigP1202 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2007
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I think it would be way to hard with a wheel. You're constantly ripping the wheel left-right in an arcade game.