Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit | FerrariChat

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Carsleuth, Jun 14, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
  2. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I enjoyed playing NFS:HP that came out in 2003.

This looks way better, but if they don't include damage its going to be another fail.

3. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    +1, this looks like fun.

4. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    The original was the best, bought my first console, playstation, just for it.

5. YellowS2KVTEC

YellowS2KVTEC Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2009
    Colorado Springs
    I liked NFS Porsche Unleashed.

IMO all other NFS games have been complete trash. And I assume the physics in this one will be no better. (to arcade for me)

6. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I still have that one and play it from time to time. I wish they would do something like that with Ferrari.

7. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    I was a fan of Most Wanted. That game was a lot of fun. I had it on PS2. :)

8. richard k

richard k Karting

Nov 2, 2009
    Irricana Alberta
    I am looking forward to playing this need for speed.I really liked nfs carbon canyon and still play it.I got the new nfs nitro last year but don't play it a lot.The new one looks like it will be the best yet.Good way to spend those cold winter nights..

9. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Get the demo 1st. I played the demo and thought this was absolute crap even for a arcade title. The Online game they released a few weeks ago was better.

It doesn't play like Most Wanted which is the last real NFS I enjoyed.

10. Craigy

Craigy Formula 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Craigy
    I loved NFS III: Hot Pursuit, back in the day. Favorite car was the 993 Turbo.

I'm tempted to get the new one, it's got good reviews and is not crap like the last couple games they've pushed out.

Thing is, Gran Turismo is going to keep me happy for awhile. . . November 24!!!!

11. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    +1

12. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Since 1995 w/ the PS1 version I've been a fan of this series but over the years it's lost it's excitement, plenty of hits & misses due to greed of marketing to "tuners" & rushing the deadline without proper beta testing ruined some of the series. (Underground I & II, Carbon, Prostreet, Undercover, ugh... I can't stand them.)

Most Wanted (2005) is a great game for the sandbox style free roam feature. It's funny how this was better than its successors, I still play it often. Shift was the last one I purchased, its saving grace was EA had little to do with it's overall development, Having Slightly Mad Studios make this title was the best thing that ever happened to the series.

It's great to see them go back to their original style of gameplay of the 1990's, depending on the overall reviews I might purchase "Hot Pursuit III."

13. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
  14. doberman

doberman Rookie

Jun 8, 2009
    I also thought the demo was crap but after picking up my pre-order I have to say its pretty good.

15. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    #16 WJHMH, Nov 16, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
    I just got my copy for the PS3, so far I can't get my G27 to work with this game. From what the EA forum reports only the PC version will work with the G27.

Why make a racing game you can't drive with a wheel??

16. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    I'm sure they will have an update (if that is how they can make it work).

The only thing that seems like fun is cruising around like in TDU. I hate having to crash into a car in HP mode to stop a car.

17. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I already returned it to Game Stop & got my money back, sorry I'm way too disappointed in the series now. I thought they would see the errors in their way from Undercover, it's like a huge step backwards from the quality of Shift.

As for the patch or update for wheel controllers, don't count on it. After reading EA's forums this is an arcade racer, nothing more so don't go holding your breath waiting for it. They will just develop another NFS: INSERT INANE GAME TITLE HERE within two years & there might be a possibility of having wheel controller option.

18. dharmadan

dharmadan Karting

Feb 8, 2005
    PA USA
    Full Name:
    dan r
    Thank you for your review. I will not be getting it.

Too bad. The original NFS for PC ROCKED!!! How the mighty have fallen.

19. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Looks like EA is getting the message, just don't hold your breath waiting on the patch.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/3855014.page

:rolleyes:

20. Scott85

Scott85 Formula 3

Dec 16, 2000
    Dayton , OH
    I was really looking forward to this game, but it really sucks . Graphics aren't bad , but every car handles the same . Please EA, adapt Most Wanted for the PS3.

21. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    I already told you guys that this suxed from the demo :p:p:p haha. :(

The developers made Burnout series which is an awesome arcade game. This game is a piece of ****.

As with all big franchises these days it usually takes 2years to spit out a game so they take turns between developers to make the games. While in the past EA did everything in-house the last few games have been outsourced.

The dudes that made Shift will be making the next game, which will be called Shift 2 :eek:

What is disturbing is that this game is currently the highest rated NFS game ever. Which means either EA paid off a lot of people or the game reviewing scene is full of idiots :rolleyes:

22. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    That really bugs me also, sights like Amazon, Game Stop, IGN, etc..were rating it high months before the games release, enough with the shill reviews!!

23. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
  24. richard k

richard k Karting

Nov 2, 2009
    Irricana Alberta
    I got the game last week and so far so good.I have the wii version so i can use the wheel and it is works well.My wife likes it and even my 12 year old girl thinks it is fun