Nebraska Drive | FerrariChat

Nebraska Drive

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by THE RED MENACE, Nov 8, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    I know this is not the best of time to think about this, but on my way up to a friends ranch today in central Nebraska, I drove an awesome little drive that would be a blast in the Ferrari, would anyone be interested in the spring, summer ect. to come out to central Nebraska for a meet and drive? The roads are great, it would be a lot of fun, but would anyone venture this far?

2. mrcarlosspicey

mrcarlosspicey Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    Parker
    I could ask, any details on the trip? Route, Date, Length?

3. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    No Date in mind. Start in Grand Island drive up HWY281 until the Dannenbrog turn, then up HWY11 to Burwell. From Burwell take HWY91 back over to HWY281 back to Grand Island. I would say close to 200 miles. Great Drive, good roads better scenery than you would expect in Nebraska. Spring would be ideal, I know its to late this year, but I think it could be a lot of fun. Could meet at the Quaker Steak and Lube (great wings!) in the Bosselman's truck stop at the Grand Island exit off I80. I just drove it today, and on the drive it got me thinking, that is about as far as I got.

4. mrcarlosspicey

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    Parker
    Im sure I know some people who'd be interested. Let me check around a bit and Ill get back to you.

5. 1BigRedC

1BigRedC Rookie

Jul 15, 2013
    Beaver Lake, NE
    Sounds like it would be a good drive. I will bring it up in my next club meeting. Most club events are being finalized for next year, but that doesn't mean we wouldn't enjoy a great "spirited" drive anyway! Will keep my eye out on this thread for the details.

6. pshep138

pshep138 Formula 3

Apr 20, 2013
    The Midwest
    If I have my new car by then, I would love to join. It won't be a Ferrari, but hopefully I can keep up. :D

7. pshep138

pshep138 Formula 3

Apr 20, 2013
    The Midwest
    I could talk to Sally, not sure if he'll see this thread or not. He may be in.

8. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    That's the route my former G/F takes as she was from Taylor NE, but alas 'former' girlfriend....

And I trust you know all about Bosselman, he was affiliated with Penske a LONG time ago, i believe in the Trans-Am days...

9. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    I think it would be a great drive and a lot of fun, nice roads. I hope I can get some people interested and make it happen. I know of the Bosselman's but I didn't know about their affiliation with Penske, pretty interesting.

10. Sally

Sally Karting

Jun 28, 2014
    I would be up to take the Ferrari out and play.

11. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    Great, I hope to make it happen this spring/summer, maybe both!

12. pshep138

pshep138 Formula 3

Apr 20, 2013
    The Midwest
    Bump, I now have my new car, so I am in for this.

13. 1BigRedC

1BigRedC Rookie

Jul 15, 2013
    Beaver Lake, NE
    I don't have a Ferrari either,....yet. So I will have to try to keep up as well!

14. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    I will love to put this together. I don't know the time frame as I traded my car in and I am waiting on the new one. Should be June. I think we can make this a lot of fun!!

15. pshep138

pshep138 Formula 3

Apr 20, 2013
    The Midwest
    What?! Did you trade it for what I think you traded it for?

16. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    Yep, 5 Nissan Cubes, it's going to be awesome :D

17. Julia

Julia F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2014
    Houston
    Can you hook them all together and make them a weird Australian-style road train?

18. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    The possibilities are endless!!!

19. pshep138

pshep138 Formula 3

Apr 20, 2013
    The Midwest
    Bump, any more progress on this?

20. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    I haven't done anything else, as I am waiting to see when my car gets here, I would hate to try and set something up and not have anything to drive. I should know something more concrete by the first of June. I really hope to get something going, as I think it would be a blast, I have driven all the roads, not in an FCar but I have driven them. With all the rain, the countryside will look awesome as well. I will try and get some more ideas going once I know when I will have my car.

21. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    I can now begin to talk about making this happen, I have confirmation from the delivery company my car will be here Monday. I have suggested a mid Nebraska drive, up Highway 11 from GI to Burwell, then over to 281, then back down to GI. Start and stop at Quaker Steak and Lube. I am open to suggestions on Dates, and routes, I just know this route would be fun, and would give people a chance to see part of the State most generally don't see. Discuss, and yes, I'm very excited to finally get my car, it's at the detailers now getting glass coating and clear bra.

22. pshep138

pshep138 Formula 3

Apr 20, 2013
    The Midwest
    I'd make the trek out for this. That, and I want to see the 458 in person!

23. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    Me too!!! Pictures are not enough anymore!!

24. mrcarlosspicey

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    Parker
    It might be and idea to schedule this on a Cars and Coffee date that way anyone wanting to treck down as a group has a meeting point. I know the West Omaha Cars and Coffee date is next Saturday the 11th. Just a thought.

25. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    Could you talk with people at the next cars & coffee to see if people would want to meet there at the following C & C and make the trek out west, then we would see how popular of a drive this would be. I think it would be great. Let me know what you think.