Nearly 50 years of golf in one truck bed | FerrariChat

Nearly 50 years of golf in one truck bed

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Frank_C, Jan 4, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    #1 Frank_C, Jan 4, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2020
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Two years ago in late January I had to quit playing golf. A ligament injury caused my wrist geometry to alter and develop arthritis. The end result would be a SLAC wrist with fragmentation and collapse of the bones. It was so bad that I needed to wear a brace just to use my computer mouse. I sleep with a brace on my wrist. First surgical option would be to shave the spurs and cut the nerves and if that didn’t work then fusion +/- bone replacement. Since golf is repetitive trauma I quit cold turkey. I haven’t watched a tournament listened to the radio and removed all my golf books and videos from my house. All that crap was in storage for 2 years til I had my buddy pick it all up and get rid of it. I had 20 sets of clubs going all the way back to my HS days in the 70s, bags of woods, dozens of shafts, bags of wedges (had a wedge fetish).....some of which I forgot I had.......

Shame of it as I was never better, never had better equipment and know “the secret......” oh well ”c’est la vie....”

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Hope this did not permanently affect your other slicing skills.

Though I started with a $2 set of Hickories, I haven't golfed since day before first date with my Bride 20+ years ago. That doesn't mean I haven't got clubs set aside for retirement. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Sorry to hear about the injury. Looks like it will save you a bunch of $ ;)

There are a couple of guys at my CC that carry around that much equipment so they can change out stuff after a bad round or a few shanks

4. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Just last week I made a dump run to toss a couple sets of clubs that have been in the basement for years. Dragged them along over 3-4 moves. Think they were my grand dads so probably 50+ years old. Aluminum shafts so tossed them in the metal recycling pile. Tossed an old set my wife had too. I’ve been on a kick cleaning out stuff (junk!).