Mystery novel about Ferrari detective. How about title Ferrari Kill? | FerrariChat

Mystery novel about Ferrari detective. How about title Ferrari Kill?

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by bitzman, Sep 30, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Can something just publsihed be collectable? I know it's not literature because there is some great God in the literary world who decides which books are "literature" and which are merely pop fiction.

I am correcting the drafts of my upcoming mystery book
    about a Ferrari detective (who buys & sells cars but does a little detective work on each)
    and of course for it to be a murder mystery, I have the obligatory body found here and there. I was thinking of using the title

"Ferrari Kill"

but wonder if over in Maranello they would immediately launch squadrons of planes carrying lawyers. I searched on Yahoo but couldn't find such a title.
    though I found a guitar called Dean Cadillac KILL.

Also I can't decide whether to picture an old classic Ferrari on the cover or
    the latest out of Maranello (California or 458?) Maybe if I pick one that's too early less people would identify with it...i.e. barely recognize it.

I haven't read Burt Levy's novels about cars but he is the only novelist I know personally who actively weaves cars into fiction except for megahit writer Clive Cussler whose hero Dirk Pitt has a collection of 150 cars that sounds an awful lot like Clive Cussler's collection in real life

2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    #2 wax, Sep 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    It's only 12 years later, Same book now re-titled THE CAR HUNTERS Anybody know a literary agent that knows the front end of a Ferrari from the back? 'preciate any tips

4. Peter Tabmow

Peter Tabmow Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    #4 Peter Tabmow, Feb 10, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    Maybe try Ike Williams at kwlit.com in Boston. Sat next to him on a flight once and had a very enjoyable conversation. He repped my favourite crime novelist ever, George V. Higgins. I was thinking Cavallino Kill for the title, with an extreme close-up of a telling detail from a classic F-car on the cover – might be just enough to keep Maranello under control. Good luck!