My horrible experience with EAG (European Auto Group), San Antonio. | FerrariChat

My horrible experience with EAG (European Auto Group), San Antonio.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Circle K, Dec 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Circle K

Circle K Karting

Dec 21, 2017
    Full Name:
    KC
    Art, the owner did my F430 tranny. The man knows his stuff but when it comes to the care of customers car, at least mine, he could care less. I’m in CA, so my car was transported to his shop. Not once did I rush him because I wanted done right. I asked when it was close to being done, let me know so I can make arrangements to fly down to test drive my car. When I arrived, rear valance and belly pan not installed. I was hoping to drive it for the weekend to make sure everything is good before shipping back but instead only a few miles. Upon inspecting my car, I notice the opening where the paddle shifter were located did not have covers installed and in the fronk, the leather strap that holds the inflator was broken. He assured all will be taken care off before transporting the car back to me. I also requested all the F1 parts replaced to be sent with the car.

Day of arrival, I was very excited. No covers for paddle shifter openings, straps not repaired, no F1 parts, and forgot my floor mats. Art said he was going to shipped them but never did because less than one week/ 50 miles, the F430 had a clutch issue(new clutch) something which I was hoping to avoid, for the reason I flew down for the test drive . The F430 was transported back on their dime because it was under warranty. Problem was the clutch block he said. The real BIG issue was getting the car back.

Art hired a transport company, the driver informed me 1-2 weeks. Weeks go by, no car, l informed Art, later I get a text from Art, “transport said he was in Colorado running behind.” Fast forward 4 weeks later, after multiple texts/calls to the transport driver, no response, I also contacted Art. Art said the driver was also not responding to him. Art had NO information of the company, just the drivers contact number, WTF, no company name or invoice. He say he was going to check his security camera, a week goes by, Art never called me, I had to call him. Art had no info. I ended up calling my insurance company and San Antonio PD filing a theft report. Both my insurance and PD thought it was strange EAG had no information on the transport company. Two days later I get a call from Art, found my car, it was still in Texas, never left the state, WTF, Art said the driver had no money to operate his rig. Not once did I feel he was worried where my car was.

Finally my F430 is returned, total 5 months. Whats missing this time, some fastener bolts for the fronk liner(was removed when the strap was replaced)and my original clutch, still had 70+% life which Art said. I had a buyer for the used clutch, took him 4 weeks to send to me after bugging him numerous times. The clutch he sent is all chewed up, I know it’s not my clutch, the buyer backed out . And now he’s ignoring all my text/calls.

This is no BS, I have texts and pics to prove all of this.

Hopefully it doesn’t happen to you.

2. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    WOW!!! That sucks :(

So sorry to hear.

Any special reason that you used a place in Texas vs CA?

3. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Kevin, as an impartial reader here (I don't know you or Art) I first wonder why after being a member for 3 years your first post is to trash someone. Taking your problems at face value you certainly have an issue with the quality of work. As far as the transport company, you should start a separate thread on them, but it certainly isn't Art's fault.

I looked up Art's company and he has nothing but 5 star reviews on Google in the past year (except for one somewhat nutty reviewer).

Perhaps Art will see this and give us his side of the story.

And just wondering, why did you replace a clutch with "70+% life"?

Natkingcolebasket69 and rob lay like this.
  4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    strange, I don't care for users that don't participate unless to complain or like to promote their YouTube channel or something. either way it seems a little like our community is getting used.

sherpa23, Lusso123 and Nospinzone like this.
  5. Circle K

Circle K Karting

Dec 21, 2017
    Full Name:
    KC
    He was the only one who had all Factory New parts.

6. Circle K

Circle K Karting

Dec 21, 2017
    Full Name:
    KC
    I wrote at the beginning, he knows his stuff, his company LACKS customer service/care. He hired the transport company due to warranty work. To this day, I have no idea of the transport companies name. Both my insurance and PD said his company would be liable because he hired the transport company. The reason for the replacement of the clutch, transmission was removed, I’m just paying for the part at cost, no labor. Art mentioned I can sell it online, which I later posted and found a buyer but back out after I told the buyer the condition it was in when it arrived.

7. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Why did you send your car so far away for service?

8. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I don't think it was a service. It was for F1 to 6-speed manual conversion. There's a big thread about that process and company in the 360/430 subforum.

9. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Most “Transportation” companies are simply brokers who contact independent drivers to get a car moved. The driver doesn’t work for the broker. He works “with” the broker. So yes, its possible to know of the driver, but not the company he works for.

The broker is responsible since he is brokering the deal. Its up to him to make sure your car gets picked up and arrives on time. Art should know what broker he used at the very least.

I’ve had a few cars shipped and the actual driver doesn’t contact me until it is close to being delivered. I would have no idea who it is. Im only in contact with the broker.

10. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Also, the paddle shift “covers” is just a quickie cover job onto the stock steering column. You can kinda still see that it’s there. My advice is to buy OEM manual steering covers that do not have paddle shift cutouts.

FERRARI-TECH and Circle K like this.
  11. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Ohhh..sorry my bad..I'll have a look.

12. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    And how do we know the strap that holds the inflator wasn’t already broken? That inflator has nothing to do with the conversion.

People tend to think their car went in a shop perfect but scrutinize every inch of their car after service although the service had nothing to do with what was broken.

Tarek307, tbakowsky and Themaven like this.
  13. Circle K

Circle K Karting

Dec 21, 2017
    Full Name:
    KC
    The shop EAG is the broker, there’s a sight he uses, enters the destination and how much he’s willing to pay, if the driver accepts, he responds to his request. Who doesn’t have an invoice or company name.

14. Circle K

Circle K Karting

Dec 21, 2017
    Full Name:
    KC
    The frunk liners have to be removed to get access to install the clutch cylinder, the shop admitted they broke it, I had no problem with that as along as they repaired it.

ShineKen likes this.
  15. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Ok. I know what site they use. It’s a site all brokers use. However, they are in contact with individual driver. Just a guy who independently owns a rig. Not necessarily a company.

16. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I wonder if that user is related to the user that kept complaining and once he had his car never said a word

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jstar likes this.
  17. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    It doesn't matter if its his first post or 2000th. Or it shouldn't. If his first post as a positive experience, would we question it?

I get the youtube people trying to get "views" or promote themselves or their websites. That's using the community. But in this case it seems like the OP isn't asking for anything other than tell others about someone he had a poor experience with.

Ranting about poor service is common here, and should be. We as a community can accept it or reject it but the frequencies of his posting should have nothing to do with it. There shouldn't be a litmus test for credibility. What's stated is all that matters.

Cordero, Bluebottle, jjsf and 28 others like this.
  18. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    So you are saying a well respected user with 2,000 posts, someone you have been friends with online for years would get the same respect from you as new user not introducing themselves or anything, just starting off with a review.

First time poster giving a positive review would honestly be more suspect because they're likely a plant. They didn't come here and first ask where they should do business, introduce themselves, or talk about their Ferrari background. If they just register to give a 5-star review and nothing else that's usually a plant using the community and devaluing our sponsors that do it the right way.

19. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    I think the OP is doing the right thing by posting his saga with EAG. 5 star Google reviews don't mean a whole lot to me, it's pretty simple to have a few people jinn up some positive reviews. I have a PM in my inbox from another user about EAG. I don't have the whole story but it sounds like he also had a bad experience.

Cordero, Alex1015, ewright and 7 others like this.
  20. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    here is recent activity where many users have had a good experience. as usual we try to make sure the discussion is fair. I think it is so far although most of the complaints come from a few years ago where there are many positive stories from more recent.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/147566650/

Circle K and GatorFL like this.
  21. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Circle K likes this.
  22. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Yes, agreed the discussion should be from both sides.

From a Mod view Art was advertising here without sponsoring and did have one of his employees shilling as well. I permabanned Art, I think the same with the employee.

I PM'ed the user back who had reached out to me. After rereading that message, it looks like he needed to speak to his attorney before posting his tale. I gave him the link to this thread so if he can reply I assume he will.

Freddan and rob lay like this.
  23. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #23 TheMayor, Dec 2, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    My point is there are some lurkers out there who should not be worried about posting something negative if they have a beef with Ferrari or a vendor or shop or anyone as long as its not personal

And YES, there are always two sides to each story.

He signed up to Fchat 3 years ago, not 3 hours ago. That also makes a difference IMO.

Mike Morrissey, JSP, WilyB and 10 others like this.
  24. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    FWIW I just received another PM from a THIRD disgruntled EAG customer.

Haven't we seen this story before? An innovative new shop or supplier with a hard to find part or unique service that turns out to be a total nightmare for a lot of people? I could probably name half a dozen companies like this who have come through FChat. At first they have a great reputation/great reviews but eventually the bottom falls out and a lot of Ferrari owners end up being hurt financially. Of course, a lot of times these guys also do what Art did by promoting their business while skirting FChat advertising rules. Now, I have no way to know if EAG is going to be like these companies whom have hurt users or not, but IMO it is not looking good.

AHudson and DOWORKFCAR like this.
  25. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
    Plenty of horror stories from Art and EAG, I'm amazed people do business with them Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice...well you know.

Cordero, 808Forza, Lusso123 and 2 others like this.