my favourite ferrari & shout to full garage | FerrariChat

my favourite ferrari & shout to full garage

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by redferrarispyder, Jul 29, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. redferrarispyder

redferrarispyder Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2007
    #1 redferrarispyder, Jul 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I was out today for cars and I thought I should finally get around to taking some shots of my favourite Ferrari, a 79' 400i.

It is a 400i with a 5 speed manual and the original long mahogany ski slope with all the gauges across the top and the clamshell aircon on the dash before it was in the console. I beleive it is only one of a small handful of manual cars around. I feel very lucky to have this car and for that reason I felt compelled to post some pictures and just say I am a proud and passionate owner of these cars and they are truly magnificent and lovely fantastic classics.

full garage asked to please please please post a pic to prove a certain member wrong about his belief of me not owning the car! and for that FG here you go!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. redferrarispyder

Sep 29, 2007
    #2 redferrarispyder, Jul 29, 2013
  3. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    As the car's right hand drive I wondered - where are you in the world ?

4. 180 Out

180 Out Formula 3

Jan 4, 2012
    San Leandro, CA
    Full Name:
    Bill Henley
    Melbourne Australia (according to the phone number on the JJ Richards dumpster).

5. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Some interior what...garage :confused:

Why do people have to be like that :(
    I'm curious who that is.

6. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    Well spotted.

I was obviously concentrating on the car too much to notice anything else.

Car looks really nice - great colour.

7. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    JJ Richards is a national waste company,we have them up here in the deep,dark north.
    Sorry to blow yer bubble.

8. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Phone number is for the Dandenong branch of JJ Richards, so what was that about bubbles?

Also the car is very likley chassis #29103.

M

9. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Sorry,bloke,I'm with Full Garage.
    These pic's don't mean you own the car,the fact you've not identified yourself(or the car for that matter,by means of a chassis number or rego number))means you are not entirely truthfull.
    Your profile also lists this type of car as one you'd like to own,not ACTUALLY own.

10. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    I'll wait and check out the next JJ truck I see for phone numbers then,could still be a national number.

11. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Save yourself the hassle, just google the number

Ok, here's the link ( does Klink link ?)

http://www.jjrichards.com.au/contact-us-about/

M

12. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    Someone would pretend to own a 400? Aim high my man!

Jay, are you going to MoT on Sunday?

13. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    Me - this guy likes spinning yarns about the 400 he owns (blew the engine, lost the wood console) and his alleged 365GTC/4, 612, etc. The reason I am like that is because well-meaning forum members waste their time and energy responding to these stories - as we are doing right now.

Exactly. These photos mean nothing. He might own the bicycle in the photos...

14. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    I,myself,personally reckon this thread belongs in one of the Richards' family receptacles,give 'em a ring eh,Mike.

15. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    #15 rustytractor, Jul 30, 2013
  16. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    It's upside down for you Aussies !

17. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Perhaps,though the cars are Pommy.

18. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    Now that's just plain rude. I was planning on showing you photos of the rest of my collection but I'm not playing any more.

I'm gonna tell my mum that you're nasty !!

19. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    While you're about it,ask her if dad will let you drive the C4.

20. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    I asked - he said not until I clean my room and do the chores.

Bummer !

21. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    #21 blkprlz, Jul 30, 2013
    Oh, like this...

22. redferrarispyder

Sep 29, 2007
    #22 redferrarispyder, Jul 30, 2013
    Firstly I want to apologise to the large majority of great helpful and nice people on here and as you are not part of this and I do not want to generalise.

countless people experience malicious and pathetic animosity on this site from the 'old boys'' and me, an assumption that I do not have the car (or a) ferrari. Although I have three.

This vindictiveness and insecurity that exists on here is a bit of a joke!!
    I mean this literally! Many people laugh about it outside the realm of the site..
    Its a pretty terrible that someone wants to come and enjoy the cars and then these blokes come and get their jolly's through insult and attack over a computer screen on a car site! it speaks for itself about these guys. basically the biggest winners in life right? Now you will all respond with 'witty' responses and mocking of course but dont ingore that little feeling inside you are burying....

Funnily enough though, with superior 'knowledge' being the main reason for this... I can only assume.... or give the benefit of the doubt? I recall another unwarranted attack from an absolute top class clown on here Aiden saying it was impossible for me to have a 400i because injected cars didn't exist in 1979 only the 400GT!!! Well he happened to be a walking encyclopaedia haha! Not only another instance of pathetic childishness behaviour but incorrect about the only thing he has in his life! get your facts straight before you go to court buddy!! How is your life going outside cheap old cars pretty successful??? Or can I call the bs card there?!

A joke, get a real life outside you computer and in the real world. If there was a disagreement though at the pub would you be so keen to throw abuse without being behind your computer screen? There might be women! There might be other people who are successful and dont like cars!!! I suppose that would be rather uncomfortable for you lowlifes.

I am not trying to retaliate or argue at all I am just genuinely upset and disappointed in the fact that this site is so warped.

A shame the culture and (a handful, Im sorry to the vast majority who are genuine and great people) people here are a bit pathetic and vindictive, hence the fact many people just dont bother with the site,,,not to mention how people laugh about it outside its little realm.

I wasnt going to bother either to be honest to post any pictures but the user full_garage on here a while back during yet another bloodbath thread made the comment.. "Aren't you proud someone would lie about owning one of these cars!!"
    that was pretty funny and good on him. An astute observation as These machines are so underrated and the reason I wanted to send pictures

Not that I have to prove anything you look closely in the picture you will see the wires exposed from the console,, hence the thread I started that turned ugly merely asking if anyone could help me finding another one...

The only reason I had persevered with this is from my love of the cars to hopefully share and enjoy with others but it is just like banging my head against the wall.... I wasnt going to bother writing this either but your satire and mocking of my father made me very very upset and angry as he tragically deceased in a very harrowing way. Great going guys! Your knowledge of ferraris should stand you ok though!

23. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    I kind of agree with you but do not generalise. In some sections people are real nice depending on the car they own and in some they are less. There are big heads everywhere on earth.

I've been attacked too with no reason except for their own point of view.

Just forget those and enjoy the good ones ;-)

24. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #24 wrxmike, Jul 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
    There are 3 kinds of people on this site:

People that actually own a Ferrari,
    People that don't own a Ferrari.
    People that claim to own a Ferrari.

Through the powers of the internet any liar, scammer, troll, psychopath, deviate, weirdo, wannabe can claim to be something that they are not, eg the owner of a Ferrari simply by posting some pictures of a car, and saying "that's mine".

Its entirely up to you how people perceive you, it doesn't matter if you own a Ferrari or not to participate in this site, but if you claim to own a Ferrari, (or 3) then you'll need to do better than you've done so far to establish your credibilty.

Ball's in your court.

M

25. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    #25 blkprlz, Jul 31, 2013
    Wow, things have gotten a little feisty here...or should i say spicy :D

I believe that most, if not all, members that have joined in this section before me know that Ferrari model changes happen mid-year...i.e., Ferrari produced both the carb'd. & inj'd. model in 1979 (for example). Can't speak for anyone after that.
    And I guess forums are for those who not only own what's being discussed, but can include enthusiasts & want-to-be owners as well. Theory would have it that everyone is welcome. Yes...it can get out of hand sometimes with claims & what not but all of us should realize that we're all behind screens, & some will exaggerate or make false claims. Maybe it's that they're lacking something in life, you have to feel for them. Or maybe they're humoring, sarcastic humor might be a response to it all, no reason to break out your Barrett 50 cal's. :eek: (one of my favorites btw)

Now I'm starting to wonder if I really own this car :eek: & I don't think Aidan was serious when he said 'you bought that car out from under me'...actually I think he loves Dave's car!