MS requires acting classes - SPOILER | Page 4 | FerrariChat

MS requires acting classes - SPOILER

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Beau365, May 27, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Can't be bothered to watch the race now......and wont be buying a renault or michelin tyres (like I would after the Milli fiasco!) or anything else Flav has to offer!

Edited by request.

2. racespecferrari

racespecferrari F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    I won't even bother watching the race after reading that, I think he had it in the bag, i'd be very surprised if that was deliberate

3. racespecferrari

racespecferrari F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea

Crap losers is what I say :-(

4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I seriously doubt that. I think it was just the fact that it was the pole sitter on the second to last turn on the last lap of quali. Anyone in that situation surely would've had people crying foul at them. Still no word on F1.com so don't jump the gun either.

The main issue probably wasn't the actual brake lock up. I bet it was the fact he could've pulled out of there and *somehow* his engine stalled.

5. jjstecher

jjstecher Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2002
    Rochester Minnesota
    Full Name:
    John Stecher
    crap...just pure crap. I cant believe you can punish him for this with no real justification beyond he "locked the brakes harder than usual" which is garbage. Then to punish him in a manner that can't be appealed is junk.

After Indy last year this is just another farce.

6. C'one

C'one Karting

Sep 27, 2004
    France
    Sorry C'one, had to edit your post.

7. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    It's already on Atlas/Autosport......not organisations prone to making mistakes :(

Lets blockade the ports and burn all the Renaults.....;)

8. stever

stever F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    West. Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Steve R
    Geez, guys, they looked at the tapes, the throttle and brake points, the lap times in sectors, ...and they judged it was done on purpose.

If the 'fix was in' as some of you suggest, then F1 IS just like pro wrestling. But it was Michael who created a situation that demanded a decision.....I don't see a conspiracy.

Others have pointed out MS' behavior today has precedence, so is this payback from his F3 days?...I think not. Seems to me it's a penalty for TODAY'S actions.

I'm more concerned with F1's reputation that has been sullied by MS as my personal feelings for him have been validated.....again.

Great Driver, part of a great team, but....

9. Ric

Ric Karting

Dec 25, 2003
    On the road..Conn
    Full Name:
    Ric N
    michael ain't at the top anymore, at least for the past year(when alonso became champion), and up until now when alonso is threatening to run away with the championship again. It must be hard for michael to accept being second banana after 7 championships.

michael is not a cheater, at least once in a while? tell that to damon hill and jacques. tell me something I don't already know !!

10. sicqnus

sicqnus Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2005
    Paris - France
    Full Name:
    Cyril Chartier

This is racism and stupidity.
    I remember members of my family beeing shot down, deported in the death camps or sent on the russian front to become what the germans called "canon beef".

Maybe you should read some history :

WWII Total Casualties (by countries) :

FRANCE : Military : 250000 Civilians : 350000 Total loss : 610000
    GREAT BRITAIN : Military : 350000 Civilians : 60000 Total loss : 410000
    GERMANY : Military : 4 000000 Civilians : 3 000000 Total loss : 7 000000
    ITALIA : Military : 330000 Civilians : 85000 Total loss : 415000
    POLAND : Military : 120000 Civilians : 5 300000 Total loss : 5 420000
    RUSSIA : Military : 13 600000 Civilians : 7 500000 Total loss : 21 100000
    EUROPE* : Military : 1 020000 Civilians : 3 700000 Total loss : 4 720000
    USA : Military : 250000 Civilians : - Total loss : 250000
    CANADA : Military : 42000 Civilians : - Total loss : 42000
    JAPAN : Military : 1 700000 Civilians : 360000 Total loss : 2 060000
    CHINA : Military : 3 500000 Civilians : 10 000000 Total loss : 13 500000
    * in "Europe" : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Danemark, Finland, Greece, Holland, Hungary, Luxembourg, Norway, Tchequoslovaquia, Romania, Yougoslavia.

In : Encyclopedia Universalis - 1965.

Some of my ancestors fought the invaders hand in the hand with your ancestors. I'm very admirative of these couragous men. But obviously they were not as stupid and ignorant as you.
    Should go back to school and take some history lessons...

And :

"Flavor Flav" rules. Is is an amazing manager. And, this maybe is a little point but he discovered a little guy named Michael Schumacher in the past... Maybe you forgot this. Probably because this is history too...

Aoh, and Schumacher is German. The country that bombed yours 60 years ago. You won't blame him for this won't you ?

Mmmh, and you love Italian cars but Italia was a fascist country and the allied of the Nazis during WWII, maybe you never learned...
    You still love the red cars ?
    I do love them, but I live in '06.

Ah, and I'm thinking about all these past years when everybody was saying the FIA was favouring Ferrari...
    You forgot this too.

You forgot too many things. It's probably alzheimer. You should see a doctor.

11. Ricard

Ricard Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Donington Park
    Full Name:
    Richard C
    and your point is!?

12. C'one

C'one Karting

Sep 27, 2004
    France
    I have to disagree with you on one tinchy little thing sicqnus,Eddie Jordan discovered Schumacher ;)
    You should added that France(both people and countryside)was still recovering from being pulverised in WWI..
    Anyway, back to racing..

13. osg

osg Formula 3
    BANNED

May 1, 2005
    In Chinese food?
    Full Name:
    MSG...
    Ahhhh.....spoken like a true blind ferrari patriot.

You Scuderia/Schumacher supporters on here amuse me.... if it was Kimi, Fernando, Fisi, JPM or anyone else you'd be on your high horse demanding action.

The telemetry was checked, footage reviewed. Justice was served. Schumachers body language and the actions of his crew were a dead giveaway.

I beleive Michael Schumacher to be one of the all time great drivers, but jesus christ he is one dirty ass son of a ***** on the track at times......... this adds to his impressive resume of dirty tricks.

Disappointing to see him resort to those actions..... again

14. vur

vur Karting

May 9, 2006
    Full Name:
    Vur

word!

15. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Gee, when did the French become a race?

Methinks you need to learn the meaning of the word before you so callously toss it around.

16. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    I agree with you on this... I think his deliberate action was probably to stall the engine (probably on purpose, I agree). I think he messed up, almost hit the wall but managed to stop, found that he couldn't go forward because his turning circle was too large, could have backed up but also knew he could reasonably claim it was dangerous to back up, so he "stalled" the engine which was the backup to his not wanting to back up. Then he can say "well it would have been dangerous to back up but the engine was stalled anyway so there was nothing I could do".

On the other hand, is a driver required to make a potentially dangerous move on-track to get out of the way? IMO no, its the job of the marshalls after the incident to keep order and ensure safety. I think if I was MS, I wouldn't be too quick to kick it in reverse and back that sucker right on the exit side of a blind corner near the end of a tight track in the final moments of qualifying when guys will be coming around white knuckled and focusing solely on the finish line.

17. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    Naturally on a Ferrari board you're going to find people that support the team and don't like to see their driver get unfairly penalized, but I think even if it were another driver such as Kimi, JPM, or any other driver we would still be upset with the ruling but probably with less discussion as it is a Ferrari board.

Honestly I think we would be just as upset if FA was penalized this way, we all want to win, but to beat him because of a penalty he was issued rather than beating him on the track or beating him because of mistakes he made racing (causing a DNF or some other problem) wouldn't feel like a real win.

18. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

It would appear that MS being in his career twilight resorted to a dirty trick. Seems almost like an act of desperation. If he was at the top of his game I'm sure that he would not have taken the risk. He got caught and now he and F have to pay the price.

19. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    Well he was already on pole, and the last lap was quicker than his previous best up until he messed up.

I have to admit it did look a bit questionable, especially from onboard, but I'm not going to pass judgement.

20. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    I saw the "incident" watching it on TV. I have reviewed it several times as I d/l it to my computer. I think it was intentional.

I will not be surprised if MS pulls in early w/ a mechanical.

21. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Someday.....your kids will ask- "do you remember where you were the day that MS Jumped The Shark"?

The telemetry was checked, footage reviewed, and Schumachers body language and facial expressions during the interview was a dead giveaway.

22. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli

I have to agree. Watching the video footage from above the turn where the incident occurred, you could see where he made at least 3 steering imputs and there was no "lockup" by the front tires as he said in his interview. I think it was totally intentional and David Hobbs even said that MS was notorious for creating red flag incidents at the end of qualifying while he was in F3 and karting so he could prevent others from taking pole away from him. Somebody in the Ferrari pits probably relayed to him Alonso's sector time and he knew he had to do something to hold him up.

23. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    P2 would have been better than P22...

24. vur

vur Karting

May 9, 2006
    Full Name:
    Vur
    yawn ok whatever dude...he tried to pull a fast one, got caught, tomorrow he will be playing catch with ide...

25. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    If you were running a foot race, fell flat on your face, slid across the finish line, and were told that you won anyway, wouldn't you be laughing your head off?

I remember when I lost my rear brake pads at the beginning of the Harbor rallye, and won anyway. I had a similar silly grin. Especially when all the course workers told me about how they cringed whenever they heard the metal on metal when I had to full stop for a checkpoint. (And, no, I didn't ruin the rotors. ... Maybe not being able to brake hard helped the win. ;))