MS requires acting classes - SPOILER | FerrariChat

MS requires acting classes - SPOILER

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Beau365, May 27, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau
    We have a nice one in London called RADA, which I would recommend in light of his poor stage performance after today's qualifying.

2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    +1, it took him forever to come up with an excuse for why he was stuck at that corner with the car staying on.

3. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    I don't believe it was on purpose. MS's worst case was front row P2... no way he would risk it.

I think he thinks it was a lucky mistake, and he found it funny....

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    It is hard to lie and act with a straight face when it is so darn obvious what you did. Just look at the faces of the mechanics and Mr. 20% when they realized why he did what he did.

I hope they disqualify his times and he has to start from the back of the grid.

5. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Thank you for pointing out the mechanics. I forgot about them. Lots of smirks on their faces in their garage.

6. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    i hope he is disqualified as well what he did was cheap

7. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Yes, they practiced this action all day Thursday when no one was looking.

8. Schumi76

Schumi76 Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2006
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Whatever guys !!! Go Schumi !!! Whatever it takes !!!

Who will show the race on Sunday and what time ??? ABC or CBS ???
    I don't thing Speed will cover it.

9. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    CBS 12:30 PM EDT.

Indy 500 is on ABC same time.

If the team was so worried about Michael being hit by another car at the corner (if it really was an accident), they really didn't show concern. They seemed very laid back about it while smiling. Very funny guys, sure makes F1 great to watch...

10. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    schumacher is an ok person off the track but on the track he has a bad habit of cheating

11. Schumi76

Schumi76 Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2006
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marco
    You guys are just jealous.........................

Well, if it really was on porpose then you have to prove it to Ferrari what he did was wrong. They are investigating write know, but they will not find enought clear evidence to be able to punish them. Just another part of the story FERRARI been pretty much untachable.............

12. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    I have it on good authority Ferrari has been planning this since Bahrain.

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    According to Speed TV this has a longer history than just this year: They mentioned he did this kind of thing in F3. If you have to resort to dirty tricks to win...

14. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Yes, you are right, but not being there, none of us know what really happened. Opinions here are conjectures based on our personal bias. That's it.

15. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Then you you win at all costs, as Enzo would have liked it:D IMO of course:D

16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    True and the same applies for the FIA officials who now have to make the call. But Flavio already said it in the interview: This being Monaco, Ferrari will not get egg on its face.

I'm quite sure this will come back to haunt MS from a historic perspective. Just like people never forgot his bumping into Hill and Villeneuve and the stolen Zeltweg victory, they will add this to the negative side of the balance. I just don't understand why a guy who is so into making history by breaking every possible record then goes on to besmear his image with such a cheap shot. Even if it wasn't (which I don't believe), he should have realized that just doing nothing and smiling in the interview room will not help his reputation.

17. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    With all due respect, the same can be said about Prost refusing to race in the rain in Australia or the Prost-Senna incidents at Suzuka two years in the row. That's just three that comes immediate to mind, I am sure there are more with other drivers throughout F1 history.

18. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    You just made my point: You and I and everybody else who was around at the time remembers those low points in F1's history. Today we witnessed another one and will remember it forever.

Ever wonder why not everybody (exclude the MS fans for a moment) thinks the world of Senna? Because he was flawed and did some dirty driving.

We had a discussion on FChat not too long ago why Prost has already been forgotten. Of course MS had a lot to do with that by eclipsing his records, but also because of things like refusing to race in the rain.

MS will be forever remembered for what he did today. Along with all the great things he did, like the 7 titles etc. So the real question is: Was winning the pole today worth being remembered for this stunt forever? I'd say no.

19. HoYin

HoYin Karting

Apr 18, 2006
    HK-Van
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I just finished watching qualifyng on tv, I cant believe wut i just saw!
    Did he stall his car after that mistake?
    And if it was planned, dirty or a good move?

20. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    I think part of it is also because he passed away before his time, thus he is forever immortalized, much in the same way as James Dean or Marilyn Monroe as oppose to other famous people that got old.

You are base it on that today's incident was done on purpose. I am not saying if it is or if it is not, I have not made up my mind about it yet and I may never will. I just don't know, at least not right now. And like you said about today's pole being worth it or not, why will he risk his legacy just for a pole on Monaco? again, I just don't know.

21. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau
    MS has calculated that a Monaco win could be the tipping point for his 8th World title quest, and in his mind is worth securing pole at any cost.
    He could still use some coaching from Patrick Stewart or Ben Kingsly though, in covering his tracks when interviewed after the dirty deed.

22. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    In the public mind it doesn't matter that much whether it was on purpose or not. The only thing that matters it what it looked like.

When Senna drove into Prost, he too denied it and everybody wanted to lynch him for that. Only years after he admitted it was on purpose. Didn't matter anymore, the damage to his image was done.

*IF* (and again I don't believe that) MS only made an honest mistake, he should at least have waved at the stewards to get him going and in the interview explained what happened instead of grinning.

PS: All those who aren't sure this was deliberate or are defending MS right now, think about it this way: Imagine this had been Alonso and MS had been on the last flying lap with a promising sector time and all you see of Alonso is sitting in an undamaged and then smiling in the interview room. Think about it, it might help answer the question for yourself.

23. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I'm sure if this was JPM... you guys would want to burn him at the stake! LOL

24. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    Damage to Senna's or Prost's imagine? Are you kidding me??!! There were people that were ready to have me murdered just for pointing out facts not too long ago, do you not remember that?? IMO, no damage was done what so ever. BTW, I still think both AS and AP are amazing drivers, regardless of what they did in their careers, they both belong to the top 5 drivers of all time. If this were the case, then I would say that JMF is the greatest of all time, but I would imagine that if anyone really wanted to, there will be dirt to be found in his career too.

Again, I am not saying he did or he didn't. All I am saying is I have not made up my mind and I don't know as of now. I did see MS wave in the car with his RIGHT HAND, as if he was gesturing to the corner marshalls to help him. And if I may, what type of reaction from MS would be acceptable? I am sure he is glad that he has the pole as any driver or anyone of us would, why wouldn't he if it was truely an driving error. Bottom line is, FA fans will always defend FA as in MS fans will always defend MS, that's what fans do. And you are right, I will probably be a lot more worked up if the situation were reversed, but it will not be because of the drivers involved, but more because I am Tifosi and just want Ferrari to win. With that said, I also want them to win cleanly, and not at all cost. Again, I simply have not made up my mind about this thing.

25. Andy 308GTB

Andy 308GTB F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Jun 2, 2004
    Essex, UK
    Full Name:
    Andy M
    If this was deliberate & it is difficult to see how it could not have been, do you believe that it was an MS decision or an instruction/suggestion from the pit wall?
    The timing was so perfect it is hard to believe he could have done this without some outside direction.

In this day & age the amount of money at stake means that sportsmanship often takes a back seat.