MotoGP 2013 **SPOILERS** | FerrariChat

MotoGP 2013 **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by bigodino, Apr 7, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    First race in today and what a race! :)

Rossi's back and watch out for Marquez. This season's going to be good! :)

2. tonyrobertson

tonyrobertson Karting

Mar 2, 2013
    Agreed, that was the race I have been waiting all winter to see!
    Good to see other MotoGP fans on here. It's the best racing there is, and this season should be a season to remember.

3. Serie1926

Serie1926 Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2012
    Not sure I'd call it a race with the winner 6 secs. off the front.

4. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    But the race for P2 was fantastic.

5. m5guy

m5guy Formula 3

Aug 17, 2008
    Ventura, CA.
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Lorenzo was in a class of his own. But Rossi's move up to 2nd and Pedrosa dropping back to a distant 4th was a pleasure to watch at the end.

6. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Rossi doesn't make that mistake and he wins. .3 quicker than Jorge at the end. Check out the timing to see what he did he got 5 seconds back adter he made the mistake.
    Art

7. pingi3

pingi3 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2009
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Quack
    I wonder how long before Alberto Puig chimes in and sabotages Marquez's races? I know he is a spainard like Puig but Puig's love child (Pedrosa) will be nipping at his heels asking why his teammate is beating him.

I think Audi needs to break open their wallet if they want to improve on their investment.

It's going to be a stellar year of racing.

8. pingi3

pingi3 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2009
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Quack
    I think Lorenzo backed off in the later laps since he had such a huge lead. So the "racing" times of the back guys are hard to compare to a guy who has 5 laps left with a 6 sec lead.

9. tonyrobertson

tonyrobertson Karting

Mar 2, 2013
    That podium is like 3 generations in MotoGP terms. If I lived in Texas, or anywhere close by, I'd be heading to the US race in 2 weeks.

10. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Agreed. It would have been a completely different story.

How about that back end coming out on Pedrosa's bike towards the end - beautiful catch by him..........

11. 2000YELLOW360

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
  12. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    Doesn't say much for Ducati. A lot of people were saying Rossi was done. Now it looks like it was the bike.

13. 2000YELLOW360

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    I spent some time with Burgess at Valencia in 2011. From what he said, and he wasn't real direct, but I got the impression, the problem is the motor. Too long, needs to be shorter to make it all work. Until they take care of that, they aren't going anywhere.

Art

14. pingi3

pingi3 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2009
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Quack
    Oh no arguement that Rossi was running good time but towards the end Loren did back off while Rossi and Marquez was flying (also slowing themselves down at the same time). Obviously only way to tell is if Rossi caught up and passed him. And definetly if he didn't bobble and touch Andrea, he would have stayed towards the front pack. All good signs of great racing to come. I knew his qulaifying was not a tell all to his race. I personally think Rossi's days as a pole man are over cause these young guns are just to fast on one lap flyers. He can definlety push during race conditions lik eno other. That is is why I love to see him race. If he left today, Motogp would be boring.

15. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

MotoGP at Austin! About to start!

16. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    I couldn't see it! :( This year there's no coverage of the MotoGP here and the BBC for some reason did not air this race on their regular channels (BBC1 or 2).

17. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Man, what happened to the Yamahas this past weekend? Rossi rode a very lonely race, and Lorenzo just couldn't keep pace with the Hondas. I hope the next race is a more Yamaha-friendly track.........

18. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    Fantastic first win by rookie Marquez.
    Fine race by Dovizioso on the Ducati. Hope he gets on the podium soon.

19. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    After a few races in now, I have to say I am disappointed with Rossi so far. Where I thought he'd be much more competitive with Lorenzo, beating him more often than not, that is obviously not the case.

So my earlier prediction of Rossi winning the Championship this year, as brave a prediction as it was, has now changed to me predicting that he will retire at the end of the year if the situation remains the same. He is certainly no backup to another rider, nor do I think he would ever resign himself to that knowingly. The man has had the most incredible career one can have, unfortunately his better days appear to be behind him.

I truly hope he proves me wrong!

20. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Formula 3

Jun 28, 2004
    what's going on with motogp now, it's hardly exciting anymore

motogp used to be the benchmark with loads of overtaking exciting racing where the commentator scream his lungs out but now one guy gone far away others faded and being passed easily

21. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    ???

22. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Formula 3

Jun 28, 2004
    motogp is boring, predictable and i can guess the winner on every race

unlike few years ago

23. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I disagree.

Between Lorenzo, Pedrosa, and Marques, it is anyone's race. Hopefully Rossi will creep back into that group soon.

24. 2000YELLOW360

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Barcelona: Lorenzo, the midget, Marquez, and Rossi.

Art

25. tonyrobertson

tonyrobertson Karting

Mar 2, 2013