Mondial will not start | FerrariChat

Mondial will not start

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Ian Grant, Oct 22, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Rookie

May 5, 2006
    84 Mondial QV Cabriolet. Car was running great. I made a stop for 15 mins., but then she wouldn't start again. I had this happen once before on a very hot day. Had to get it towed home; stripped out the fuel pump, accumulator etc. Found nothing, put it back together and she ran fine! What do you suspect, or what do I look at first?

2. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Not a lot of info there, but if the car will start cold, but not hot, that could be a leaking injector or a bad check valve at the fuel pump.

3. Rival

Rival Formula Junior

May 12, 2005
    Misipi
    I've actually had mine do that as a result of the burned out fuel pump connector on the fuse box. Look at the following thread: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87920 Mine started again when I "fooled around" with the wires at the fuel pump connection on the connector at the inboard side of the fuse box........hopefully, there's a solution to all of this being worked out here: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122356

4. Vito

Vito Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    Dutchess County, NY
    An other vote for a faulty fuel pump fuse. I had that problem a few times until I realized that the fuel pump fuse holder was melted & had a bad connection. The solution was to wire in an external fuse for the fuel pump. No problems since then. You might try just wiggling the fuel pump fuse to see if that give you a closed circuit that will allow the pump to work. It was an easy fix - about $5 for parts & an hour of my time.

5. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Hot start problems are commonly due to a bad solenoid on the starter as well.