Mondial t HP Seats | FerrariChat

Mondial t HP Seats

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by hank sound, Nov 12, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Hey gang,

I'm entertaining the idea of putting a pair of "back adjustable" high performance seats in my Rachel (92 Mondial t). I've got a bit of a bad back so I need a seat that has both comfort and support.

What are your thoughts?

Cheers, Hank

2. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    If it makes you more comfortable and happy, do it. Just save the seats to put back in if you decide to sell it.

3. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    I have every stock piece that came off of Rachel. I know that drill - - thanks for thinking of that as well:)

Cheers, Hank

4. lusso64

lusso64 Formula 3

Apr 12, 2004
    Simi Valley
    Full Name:
    David
    hank, there's a place in Burbank that sells various brands of racing seats and aftermarket "street" seats. I am sure you can find something that is comfortable, and just have it covered in leather the same shade as the interior of Rachel. I need to do the same with Bluey - assuming I don't sell it. The 89 model year have different front seats, which are too narrow for my hips (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it).

WERKS II
    918 CHESTNUT
    BURBANK, CA 91506
    Tel: (800) 493-7572

5. MondialTCab

MondialTCab Formula 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    John Michael Gross
    I have fit but to date have not installed the Sparco Milano Prestige seats in the car. (Winter project...) The tan leather on this model matches my interior exactly and they match my 550 Daytona office chair as well.

Thanks,
    JMG

6. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield

Hi JMG,

I believe that is the way for me to go when I pull the trigger on seats. There's a dealer location around the corner, so I can put my butt in one to check out general comfort:)

Thanks much,
    Hank

7. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield

Hi Dave,

Sparco also lists WERKS II as my closest dealer. Their top line seat already comes stock in tan leather, so I wouldn't have any additional expense.

Aside - - let me know when you're going to bring Bluey to LaCanada or VCR in Calabasas. She's looking beautiful!!!

Cheers, Hank

8. hanknum

hanknum Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Henry
  9. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Hey John,

The Milano Prestige is it!!! When you were fitting your seats, did you determine the need to remove the inner recliner knobs? Any other possible fitment problems?

Thanks, Hank

10. MondialTCab

MondialTCab Formula 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    John Michael Gross
    The inner handle will need to be removed and the adjustment rod cut off but my local Sparco dealer (Speedware) says they have done this in the past. We plan on covering the entire thing with a black plate to hide the nasty bits when we are done.

- JMG