Mondial T coupe salvage | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Mondial T coupe salvage

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by davem, Sep 7, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    That will buff right out.

2. robbio99

robbio99 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Does the driver's door look out of kilter? It doesn't seem flush when closed. Good observation about euro specifications. The VIN provided is definitely not a 1989 VIN. The salvager is asking 25K locally.

3. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Not refering to you Brandon, but just in general:

Not sure how it works in the US if it ever can get a clean title again, but looking at it the outside looks great. I find it always peculiar how opinions are formed on a car that got damage. Certainly if someone spend good money at such a car to get it in a condition when it was new or prior to an accident. I mean just look at all the GTOs (and other classics) that are wrecked, rebuild, wrecked again and some beyond repair and people pay crazy money only for a chassis number to build a GTO around the chassis number again and people are fine with this.

I read also somewhere that someone mentioned it was a Swiss Mondial based on its chassis number. ZFFFD32S000093104. Where they get this I have no idea, but this is a genuine US sold Mondial when you decode its VIN.

What I mean if it is fixed/rebuild properly, the car will be good and I would buy it and drive it like it was stolen. Have fun with it, let other people enjoy by seeing it on the street or a car and coffee meet.

Scaledetails likes this.
  4. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Not according to this VIN decoder:

http://www.red-headed.com/vin.html

The eighth digit being "S" = Switzerland/Sweden market
    The tenth digit being "0" = zero is not used here on versions for North America, Middle East, Latin and Central America, and China

5. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest

I totally agree with this way of thinking. I would be interrested in buying this car.

Scaledetails likes this.
  6. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Your totally right that it is Swiss. Not sure what I was Writing, got off gard beinig alone with my kids of 1 and 3 yr old That does not go together for a man :S

Correction:
    ...I read also somewhere that someone mentioned it was a US Mondial based on its chassis number. ZFFFD32S000093104. Where they get this I have no idea, but this is a genuine Swiss sold Mondial when you decode its VIN...

7. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    I say you know who listed it :) Coupes are nice! cabs too btw
    beverlyhillscarclub.com

8. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Look to be sold now. Someone will drive a nice coupe. T coupe in red on tan are really nice.

9. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Was not on their site yesterday and now back . .?? Buyer changed his mind when he saw it ? Maybe.

I still love it !

10. ChoonHound

ChoonHound Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2022
    Saint Michaels, MD
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Anyone have pics of this car before the repairs? It’s on BaT now.

KPND likes this.
  11. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall

No GTO has been damaged beyond repair. It would cost far more to do a poor fix on a GTO because every buyer will know the history and investigate the fix. If not fixed properly there will be a huge hit in its value. No such profit incentive exists with a Mondial, in fact the inverse is true. There is a huge incentive to patch it together. A unibody is a far more complex fix than a tube frame and parts have about the same availability but the GTO is worth fabricating badly damaged parts, the Mondial not so much. That is part and parcel why so many get totaled after an accident. I would never consider buying a resurrected total Mondial. Sorry, they are not just that rare.

KPND likes this.
  12. KPND

KPND Rookie

Jun 15, 2023
    Full Name:
    Kas P
    Yes, pics of the car please if anyone has them when listed as a salvage to be repaired.

13. James in Denver

James in Denver Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
    Sold on BAT assuming it was the same car.