mondial t coup | FerrariChat

mondial t coup

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by altaman, Oct 4, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. altaman

altaman Karting

Feb 25, 2005
    michigan
    Full Name:
    BRYAN
    are mondial t coups rare. they seem hard to come buy

2. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Very. Mostly cabs were imported.

3. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    The answer to your question is yes. They came to the US in 1989 only and there were a grand total of 42 of them. We are fortunate to own one of those 42. The t coupe incorporated many of the "firsts" for the Ferrari and was one of the last models in which Enzo directed the production of.

Good luck if you are looking for one! and sorry, but . . Sophia is not for sale.

Carol

4. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau
    Not mass produced, the UK also only had 45 (RHD) imported, and they are a fantastic Grand Touring Ferrari, with superb handling.
    We are fortunate enough to own a T in chiaro blue (1 of only 4 in RHD).
    Good luck with your search stateside - it will be worth the diligence.

5. Rachane

Rachane Formula 3

Sep 5, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Rachane
    I had a -t Coupé for awhile. Basically enjoyed it, but a couple of minor quibbles ... mentionable only FYI in case you are considering one.

The front seats are narrower & deeper than those of the previous Mondial 3.2. So if you've been to too many wine & cheese parties, expect a rump-pinch. This is all the more a consideration for ladies, who have wider pelvic bones than gentlemen. I solved the problem by taking the car to a good auto upholstery shop and having them build up the center of the seat a bit. Still narrow, but no longer so deep.

Secondly the A/C was subject to icing-over when used continuously at the highest setting on hot days. (Had this same problem in a 1989 TR, but not in either a 328 or a 348.) Did not find a solution.

Otherwise no problems, although I was always amused by the rampant illogic of the dashboard & console layout, controls, and geegaws, including a glove compartment "door" with no compartment behind it.

Powerwise the Mondial was very happy with the 3.4 engine, and I think it really needed it all along in its history.

6. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I love this kind of thread.

The coupe is great. Only very few people really know how special these are.