mondial suspension warning light | FerrariChat

mondial suspension warning light

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by jeff11110, Jul 24, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jeff11110

jeff11110 Rookie

Jul 17, 2005
    the suspension warning light is on all the time andswitching from soft to hard doesnt make much difference?////

2. Big_fred

Big_fred Rookie

Aug 22, 2005
    I have the same issue with my 89 Mondial T. I suspect some electrical connection problems... probably with the speed sensor since my speedometer went out of order at the same time. Does anybody know where this sensor is located?

3. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    On the Mondial T - The control unit is located under the passenger floor panel . There is a diagnostic connector located under there as well. I have found that only the Ferrari dealer has the diagnostic equipment to read this control unit.

Here is a little insight to the system:

If the key is turned on three times without moving the cars wheels - you will set the fault code - and the light on the dash will come on. BTW - This light seems to only clear with the Ferrari suspension diagnostic tool.

So... Say for example you turn the key to set your clock, but you dont start the car. Then you turn it on again to show someone some electric function in the car, again without starting the engine. Then you turn the key on to listen to the radio, without starting the car - and never turning the wheels. Bingo, your suspension light is on & will require resetting. I think 3 times was a bit to little for this, but Ferrari thought it was fine.

Here is a bit more: Also, on a Mondial T you can hear a shock "self test" when you turn on the key. When you turn on the key the system will have the shocks test from full soft to full hard. The small electric motors on the shocks make a lite sound that can confirm that the system is testing (easy to hear if you turn the key but dont start the engine - just dont do it 3 times in a row :) ) You can also remove these motors easily, and watch inside of them to see the gear rotate when you turn the key on. Check that function 1st before you assume they are not working.

If the motors are not rotating the gear, then you will have to get that control unit to a diagnostic tester for further review.

4. AR!

AR! Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Useful information, thanks!

Does this mean you should be able to hear the motors if someone is activating the switch for the suspension setup? At least the motors for the rear shocks are easy accessible in the engine bay.

5. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I would assume so. My Mondial's "shock test" when the key is 1st turned is very distinct. Can't miss it. I would bet your right.