Mondial Rims on 308???? | FerrariChat

Mondial Rims on 308????

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by mmmojo308, Nov 25, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mmmojo308

mmmojo308 Rookie

Nov 20, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    My 1980 308GTSi currently has the stock metric rims on it. I did a search here but could not find any information as to whether 16" rims from a 1990 Mondial T would fit on the earlier 308. The Mondial rims are marked "Speedline" Made in Italy and are 16X8 for the back and 16X7 in the front.

Any information anyone can provide as to whether these rims will work (or how I can make them work) on my 308 is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. racespecferrari

racespecferrari F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    As far as I know they won't, there was a really nice set of racing 308 split rims on fleaby a few weeks back and when I posted on here no-one seemed to think it woulfd fit the Mondial, so I presume its the same the other way round

3. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Technically, it can be done, but it requires very thick (and rather expensive) bolted adapters. You'd be much better off $-wise selling the Mondial t wheels to another Mondial owner and using the money to buy a set of the 7x16 and 8x16 308QV reproduction (or stock) wheels. You should have good demand for those Mondial t wheels because the early Mondial have the same "metric" problem (and they fit the early Mondial without needing spacers/adapters). I'd try to get enough $ from the Mondial t wheels to make it about an even swap for a set of the reproduction 308QV wheels -- JMO.

4. ATSAaron

ATSAaron Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 1, 2004
    Shady Shores, TX
    Full Name:
    Aaron Bunch
    #4 ATSAaron, Nov 25, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. mmmojo308

mmmojo308 Rookie

Nov 20, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Are the adapters to make the Mondial wheels work readily available? I already purchased the wheels and would like to make them work, if at all possible. If it's too cost prohibitive, then I would consider selling them to purchase the aftermarket QV wheels. Is there a website that sells the adapters? Thanks again for all of your help. Being a brand new Ferrari owner, this is a fantastic forum!!!!

6. racespecferrari

racespecferrari F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    Site Sponsor Hill Engineering would probably be your best bet

http://www.hill-engineering.co.uk/homemainferrari.htm

7. ckracing

ckracing Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    Jacksonville,Florida
    Full Name:
    Charles
    If you use spacers you will need longer wheel bolts.
    I installed 348 wheels on my Mondial, which required spacers and longer wheel bolts
    Charles

8. JimboMondial

JimboMondial Karting

Dec 26, 2005
    Portsmouth UK
    Full Name:
    Jim
    CK what sort of size spacer are you running, the reason I ask is that I've got the same wheels for my mondy but without spacers? Jim

9. mmmojo308

mmmojo308 Rookie

Nov 20, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks for the link to Hill, I appreciate it. At this point, I am thinking I may just sell the Speedline rims and purchase 308QV rims. I guess I will post them on ebay and see what happens. I am really not sure what they are worth, any ideas of what I should expect as a fair price?

They are stamped Ferrari on the front along with the rim size (16X8 on two of them and 16X7 on the other two) and the inside of the rim is stamped Speedline, made in Italy. I really was hoping that I would be able to make these work on my 308 but it seems like it may be more trouble than it is worth if I can get the QV rims for it instead without having to purchase wheel spacers and longer bolts, etc.