Mondial Cab owners..wind noise question | FerrariChat

Mondial Cab owners..wind noise question

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by SEAL2CC, Mar 11, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SEAL2CC

SEAL2CC Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2005
    OK OK I know the top is always sposed to be down but sometimes you gotta..my new-to-me 89 T Cab has just the worst wind noise starting at @ 45. I've had a bunch of convertibles but this is the worst as far as that aspect goes. It really is almost unberable from 60+. It isn't pulsating like the fabric is beating around in the airflow but is constant at the front top of the windshield-top joining area..

My question is are there any adjustments or tweaks I should be aware of (other than the screw adjusters at the inside clips, which I've tried and are as tight as they can go) or is that the nature of the beast?

In a few short weeks this question will be moot :) but nice to know for the future.

Thanks for any thoughts...

Chris

2. AR!

AR! Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    You can adjust the fissure between top and frame of the windshield with the two screws of the fasteners.

Of course the single-layer top of the Mondial will always be louder than the top of a modern car like a MB CLK or so. But I find it to be much less noisy at high speeds (above 200 km/h or so) than the top of my Alfa Spider. Above 220 km/h the Alfa is REALLY loud whereas in the Mondial the predominant sound until 250 km/h comes from the engine.

3. SEAL2CC

SEAL2CC Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2005
    Thanks, I'll toy with the adjustment screws a bit more and ensure the sealing material is properly seated..

Chris

4. Jayo5

Jayo5 Karting

Jul 28, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    P C Johnson
    I wish I could tell you something that would help but I can only confirm that the top shouldn't be the primary noise source. My car seems louder with the top up but to me it seeems to be from greater engine noise that is less with the top down.