Minimum Weights | FerrariChat

Minimum Weights

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by johnhoughtaling, Feb 18, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    Minimum Weights preview we are sending to membership:

The following are the CCR minimum weights for the 2012 season.

430 Class:

2700 stock 430C (Completely stock car, no wing/splitter, with Carbon rotors)

2840, "CCR Spec" (wing/splitter, with steel rotors)

Plus 100 lbs for exhaust/header/ECU

Plus 25 Lbs Exhaust only

360 Class

360C 2,660 lbs

355 Class

355C 2,920 lbs

All weights are plus 180 lbs for driver*

I am sorry if the plan for 2012 is not to everyone's liking. We have consulted with the foremost Ferrari racing experts, our membership, and long and short term goals in determining weight. We reserve the right to adjust.

I am sorry it took so long. The delay was partly due to honest membership debate, research and the timeline of our consulting experts.

For those who need to apply weight, we suggest that you buy race car specific lead weight, it is small, compact and cheap. A simply google search will reveal many sources for this.

Being under weight may affect points but will not affect your ability to enter the race and have fun.

2. redcar1

redcar1 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    austin, tx
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hey John,

Do you know when the email, about weights, will be sent?

I think you are trying not to have a lot of technical debate here on FChat, so I'll save my opinions, and reply to the email.

Thanks a million for doing the great work on this series!!

Mark

3. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    Mark:

State Law requires us to not work during Mardi Gras in New Orleans but I'm trying to get the governor to pardon my employees today.

Should get emails today.

I'm certain that everyone will have opinions but we consulted the top Ferrari experts (I can disclose privately who they are), and we needed to get a decision. Finding a membership consensus was impossible.

We can always adjust weight mid season if it's wrong, but for now this is what we have. I think everyone will be happy.

Yes, some internal workings are best to have offline or privately within and between membership, and not completely public. I'm going to discuss the particular reasons for this with the membership. Thanks.

4. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    #4 WCH, Feb 20, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
    Edited because I have the answer to the question I posted- if a 430 runs with ecu/headers/exhaust, min weight is 2840 + 100 penalty + 180 driver = 3120.

Thanks to John for instantly replying to my email on Mardi Gras eve. That's dedication!