Mclaren F1 Limited Edition Driving ambition | FerrariChat

Mclaren F1 Limited Edition Driving ambition

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by markst270, Aug 14, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. markst270

markst270 Karting

Aug 5, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Cory
    #1 markst270, Aug 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This is the Limited Edition Driving ambition Book on the Mclaren F1, Over 400 pages, leather bound, printed on silk paper, signed by the directors, This is the Bible on the Mclaren F1 from start to finish, even tells you how to get into the murray designed 3 seater...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

GSF355 likes this.
  2. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    Incredible book! I'm sure it's a very interesting read...if you dare handle the pages. :)

3. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I may still sell mine if the price is right...even comes with a Xmas card from Mclaren

4. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    While the limited edition pictured in this thread is sold out there is another special version available to order from McLaren. Interestingly the book was released in 2005 and there are still some available if you have 825 quid laying around:

LE MANS COMMEMORATIVE EDITION

"Le Mans 1995, McLaren number 59 crosses the line, right hand door open, to the wild excitement of the team.

Le Mans 1995, McLaren totally dominates its first attempt at this classic endurance race.

Ten years on, you can re-live the passion and heartbreak, the triumph and the tension of this remarkable achievement.

In 1995, McLaren created just 59 Commemorative Versions of the Limited Edition of Driving Ambition to celebrate the anniversary of the 1995 Le Mans win.

Not only has the Limited Edition a whole chapter on the 1995 Le Mans race, these special editions contain a director's cut of the film "McLarens at Le Mans" on DVD. Using interviews during the race and in car cameras, this film brings the race to life.

McLaren is also using the occasion to introduce "McLaren Art". Unique to the Commemorative Version will be a numbered (1 of 59) print of the winning car signed by Ron Dennis. These striking pieces of art are supplied unframed for the owner to select a frame of his choice.

Each book will carry a commemorative plate (1 of 59) in addition to the Limited Edition plate. An anniversary lapel badge, in the style of the highly collectable F1 lapel badges, is also included.

The 10th Anniversary Commemorative Edition of Driving Ambition is available exclusively from McLaren Cars for £825 plus shipping. Alternatively, you may collect your book in person from the McLaren Technology Centre providing a rare opportunity to view a McLaren F1 Roadcar.

To reserve your copy of what will undoubtedly become a collector's item, please use the order form below.

*Note: Commemorative Edition 059 will be auctioned for charity by McLaren, and is therefore not available to be purchased."

5. gregh

gregh Karting

Dec 7, 2004
    Farnborough, Hants
    Full Name:
    Greg Hurst
    I picked up my Le Mans edition a few weeks ago from the Factory, #35 of 59. Got a great tour of the set up too, even got to see the Stirling Moss being built.

6. pawlie

pawlie Formula Junior

May 10, 2006
    Philly, USA
    Full Name:
    Paul F.
    Pictures please!

7. gregh

gregh Karting

Dec 7, 2004
    Farnborough, Hants
    Full Name:
    Greg Hurst
  8. pawlie

pawlie Formula Junior

May 10, 2006
    Philly, USA
    Full Name:
    Paul F.
    Beautiful books Mark and Greg, thanks for sharing.

9. CollectorMorry

CollectorMorry Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Morry Barmak
  10. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
  11. gregh

gregh Karting

Dec 7, 2004
    Farnborough, Hants
    Full Name:
    Greg Hurst
    Looks pristine!! I have one copy used for reference, one copy signed by Doug Nye, Gordon Murray and Creighton Brown, and the Le Mans edition above :)

12. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
  13. DMC308

DMC308 F1 Rookie

Aug 19, 2006
    Seattle/Noosa
    Full Name:
    D
    Beautiful book..

14. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Perhaps you are looking for a quick sale Brian, but I think your 'Buy It Now' price is coming in somewhat low. These have sold for over $1,000 the few times I have seen them come up on Ebay.

>8^)
    ER

15. gregh

gregh Karting

Dec 7, 2004
    Farnborough, Hants
    Full Name:
    Greg Hurst
  16. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian

I had it for sale a couple years ago with a high reserve. IIRC, it topped out at about $4xx which is far less than even what I'm currently asking for.

We'll see what happens, somehow though, I have a feeling it'll still be sitting in my house after the auction ends.

Greg, I need to double check, but I think it was like 118 or something.

17. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Odd to hear that. Good luck this time through - past examples I was referencing did occur during rosier economic times, so that is a factor.

One thing that might not help your chances are the stock photos. With an item like this, a lot of people would want to see photos of what they are actually buying.

>8^)
    ER

18. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I'll be updating them tonight and maybe I'll include a photo of the Xmas card they sent me as well ;)

19. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Would that be the card with the set of pins? :)

20. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian

Now I can't find the damn Xmas card...

21. gregh

gregh Karting

Dec 7, 2004
    Farnborough, Hants
    Full Name:
    Greg Hurst
    Did you pull it early? Last time I saw it it was about $825....

22. Jota 5084

Jota 5084 Formula 3

May 18, 2006
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Eric Andersson
    Maybe a little OT, but has there been any recent transactions of the GTR book of Cotton?

And if there were transactions what kind of prices was it?

Thanks,

Eric

23. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Are you looking for one?

24. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Nope - auction finished, that's what it sold for.