Lowering stock suspension | FerrariChat

Lowering stock suspension

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by HBstig, Jan 31, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HBstig

HBstig Karting

Nov 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    HBstig
    I just took a picture of the front perch and it looks like you can lower it quite a bit. Is there any limitations on how much you can lower it with the oem suspension?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

general rule of thumb is that you don't "bottom out" the shock when the car is going over bumps.

3. HBstig

HBstig Karting

Nov 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    HBstig
    I think I am thinking the opposite way looking at my picture. If the perch goes down the threads it will decompress the spring and raise the car. I was initially thinking that all those extra threads will allow me to lower the car.

4. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

To raise the car, you need to make lower section of the "thread" on the shock longer.
    i.e. extra threads on the lower side of the shock will raise the car.

5. HBstig

HBstig Karting

Nov 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    HBstig
    Aah ok. I got excited for a second. Not much room to lower then if any.

6. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I got the novitec and though car looks good it’s just too harsh...I don’t recommend it. Plus u probably risk voiding ur warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Il Co-Pilota, HBstig and andyrichter like this.
  7. HBstig

HBstig Karting

Nov 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    HBstig
    Is novitec the only option? I searched for hours and could not find anything else. Is it harsh for every day use? I drive the car couple of times a month to car events.

8. Natkingcolebasket69

To events u will be fine. Every day on so so roads i don’t like it. I think on decent roads and track they are great but when u have bad roads with potholes and everything it feels harsh

HBstig likes this.
  9. HBstig

HBstig Karting

Nov 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    HBstig
    Thank you sir. Are you getting rid of your suspension setup?

10. Natkingcolebasket69

No because it is such a pain to put the old one back lol

11. HBstig

HBstig Karting

Nov 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    HBstig
    Lol when you change your mind let me know.

12. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Did your car come with the Novitec already installed when you bought it or was it a change you made after purchase? Can you characterise the difference between Novitec and stock - is the change greater than going from comfort to sport on the manettino?

13. Natkingcolebasket69

My car came with it but in order to get the Ferrari extended warranty I had to remove them to pass inspection.
    I drove a few hundred miles with out.
    The handling was a bit less precise and sharp without, looks not as good but comfort was much better.
    Without I’d say there is a noticeable difference between comfort and sport mode plus bumpy road, with the novitec on I notice the difference between the modes less and I would say that comfort feels like a harsher version of sport without them on.
    Also without the bump in the road, the potholes etc u feel them more and u tend to be a lot more worried to scrape it but not nearly as bad as the front valance in my old testarossa ;)

Il Co-Pilota, HBstig and ANOpax like this.
  14. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    And yet we have distributors and installers come on these boards, telling people that the ride remains unchanged and just as comfortable. Thank you for saying it like it is. That B.S about how the ride remains unchanged, even with those chariot sized 21/22 wheel combos, really pisses me off as I hate dishonesty and false advertisement.

It's a stiffer spring. Yes it is progressive, but it is for all intended purposes a stiffer spring. Of course the ride will be harder, unless of course the laws of physics sease to exist.

ANOpax likes this.
  15. Fast Poke

Fast Poke Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 31, 2019
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I had my stock suspension lowered about 3/4 of an inch or so. After all of the research I have done, I didn't want the car super low or ride rough. Just wanted to get rid of the wheel well gaps and improve the look/drive a bit. I'm very happy with how the car turned out after being lowered and aligned by my dealer on stock coil overs. The ride really didn't change much but the look did!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

ANOpax likes this.