Looking for a new (read BETTER) mechanic in the SFV | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Looking for a new (read BETTER) mechanic in the SFV

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by KraigG, Jun 17, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KraigG

KraigG Formula 3

May 25, 2006
    Willow Springs
    Full Name:
    Kraig
    I wanna see some juicy gossip!!! Bring it ON!!!! :)

2. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Well folks, Today was not a pleasant day in Court. But, in the interest of focusing on the positive elements of life, I will put the issues with "the mechanic from No. Hollywood" into a small mental file box of my mind. I want only joy and happiness for his family (all of whom I know well) and hope for a higher awareness for the individual with whom I sparred today. To achieve this level, one must stop living in "the big river"-----------DENIAL.

Regardless of the court's decision, I will move on - - with a wonderful life, great friends - and a really fun Ferrari to drive..........................

Hank

3. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Hank,

Sorry things didn't go as well as you would have liked. Not to worry, you're a class act, unlike the other party. Drive Rachel in good health. :)

4. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Hi Jon,

"Like" isn't a word that can easily be applied to dealing with a court date. But that being said, I was happy with what seemed to be the judge's perception of this whole issue.
    Thanks for your personal support---------------and I will drive Rachel---happily------up to your house - - filled with folks who love Ferraris, good friends and - oh yes, good wine:)

Thanks, my friend-----

Hank

5. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    Hank,

As always, you take the higher ground (CRAP!!!) unfair..but life goes on. Stories (dr. K) from Willow Springs next time we meet, perhaps at Jon's ?

Stay well,

--Luigi

6. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005

Wait a MINUTE.................

Edit: I'll call you

7. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    They told me it would take 15 days untill the judges decision would be mailed to "us".

Well folks, within 30 hours I was notified by mail that the court had found in my favor; that the "mechanic from No. Hollywood" was indeed responsible for the destruction of the fuel cell in my Mondial t, following the improper reinstallation of the engine (plumbing) in my car after his major service.

Thank God for Eugenio---------who found the problem and corrected it before it could cause - God knows what!!!!!!! I'm fortunate and I'm relieved (as I've lived with this nightmare for over a year).

It's OVER:)

Cheers, Hank

8. Joe G.

Joe G. Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe Gazzani
    congrats Hank !

drive her in good health !

9. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
    CONGRATS Hank!!

It took 30 hours!! WTF took so long? :D :D

How about a plug for the "E" man??

www.EugeniosFerrariService.com

10. Impactco

Impactco Formula 3

Jan 29, 2006
    Excellent news Hank! Finally, justice is done. Did the BAR get all the info on this so they can take appropriate action??

11. kev 355

kev 355 Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2005
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Wow, that's great news. Congrats, buddy. You've had this monkey on your shoulder for too long. Now it's time to celebrate the victory - go have a glass (or bottle) of wine! :)

12. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Congrats! It's nice when the system works. :)

13. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    The 5th of December is fast approaching. That date simply represents the "30 day dormant period" allowing the defendant (Fine Auto Services, Inc., owned and operated by Kevork Hazarian) to appeal the judgement found in my favor, for damages to the fuel system of Rachel (my Mondial). If an appeal is launched, I will not hesitate to contact Ferrari SPA for support - if I have to.

I've already won this case once (and I knew so, when I saw the judge's eyes). If the defendant challenges, his challenge will end in defeat.

But interestingly enough, those that always deny responsibility, do till the end - and beyond.

Oh well :-(

14. Impactco

Impactco Formula 3

Jan 29, 2006
    I'm sure you will prevail. Did you report him to the California BAR?

15. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    I guess I should do that too. Actually M, I think he's pretty much "out of it" as a business, though I do hear through the "grapevine" that he is still doing it "as a hobby". OH GOD!!!

16. KraigG

KraigG Formula 3

May 25, 2006
    Willow Springs
    Full Name:
    Kraig
    Congrats, Hank-I'm so glad to see some good sense has prevailed!!!!

17. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Hey gang,

I'm now waiting to receive a check from "Fine Aurto Service" (Kevork Hazarian), which would essentially indicate acceptance of responsibility for damages to my Ferrari, bringing this issue to an end!!!

Note to Kevork-------------you know the truth - as did the judge - so step up to the plate. Put this behind and in the past for both of us - by "taking care of business". You know where to send the check.

Myself and many interested parties await a response -

Happy holidays - and see you all at Dusty's "MOTOR 4 TOYS" next week.

Cheers, Hank

18. KraigG

KraigG Formula 3

May 25, 2006
    Willow Springs
    Full Name:
    Kraig
    May the "Butcher of Burbank" finally retire to an underground bunker somewhere, and may no more Ferraris suffer the same fate as Hank's and so many others...

19. 110motoring

110motoring Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Jeff Faeber

+111111

20. TomTerry

TomTerry Karting

Jan 20, 2008

Did he have to pay before appealing?

21. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    No Tom. He appealed so that he could get out of paying - at least for now. A loss at the appeal level would cost him about 3 or 4 times more than the original amount. Then the court gets involved in reviewing his personal finances, property holdings and the such. :-( Not fun.

22. Impactco

Impactco Formula 3

Jan 29, 2006
    So Hank, did you get paid on this? Please tell us the final outcome.

23. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    That's right - I haven't seen you guys in a while. Yes, I am getting paid on this - in four monthly installments. We're into the third month and all is OK.

Now we can lay this thread to rest and let it die "of old news (like) of old age" as it certainly should.

See you two soon :)

Cheers, hank

24. Joe G.

Joe G. Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe Gazzani
    great news Hank

i heard (from a very reliable source of course) ...that the second ass whooping was first then the first :)

25. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Well Joe, Michael and my many other friends - this will be my last post in this thread - REALLY:), but I will not leave without thanking the one individual who just may have literally, saved my life. He found the imploding fuel cell - - he found the cause - - he found the cure - - and then he locked the door to his shop so that he could stand by me and support me regarding the subject matter of this very thread.

EUGENIO is that very special individual who will be a part of my family forever.

Cheers all - let's move on:)

Hank