Looking for a new (read BETTER) mechanic in the SFV | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Looking for a new (read BETTER) mechanic in the SFV

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by KraigG, Jun 17, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Impactco

Impactco Formula 3

Jan 29, 2006
    Justice is served. The "Butcher of Burbank" is gone! Long live Eugenio!!

2. afishtx

afishtx Rookie

Nov 4, 2009
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Andy Fish
    Kev Hazarian is in Austin, Texas working with a new start-up Ferrari dealer. He was recommended to me to put together my 246GT. Reading through the comments it appears that would not be advised. I needed to confirm that and also ask if anyone knows a good mechanic to take a bucket of parts that was formerly the engine in my car (very long story) and put it back together and into the car?

3. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    If you read the thread then you would have picked up on that Eugenio seems to be the flavor of choice....I recommend him first unless someone recommend someone else for the vintage stuff....

4. Impactco

Impactco Formula 3

Jan 29, 2006
    afishtx is in Texas. I doubt he is going to make the commute to see Eugenio.

5. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    It might be best either way...

6. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    This is funny! In kali people sue each other when wronged. In texas if you wrong someone you get dragged behind their pick-up truck. Could be the last we hear of that guy.

7. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    From what I've heard that seems like a reasonable punishment. ;) Got to love Texas. :)

8. Bugsytrumpet

Bugsytrumpet Rookie

Apr 6, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Keith Fiala
    I also live in Austin, TX and have stopped in to the new Ferrari dealership here in town inquiring about my 308... I was told that I need a $1400 fluids change just by him looking at the car in the parking lot.

Red flags with little prancing horses came up pretty darn quick. Could you Cali guys shed some light on what to possibly expect from this character?

As a part of the FCA, I don't want any of us locals (Hill Country Club) to get taken for a long wild ride like the one I've been reading about.

More info would greatly be appreciated!

Sincerely,

Keith Fiala
    Austin, TX

9. Impactco

Impactco Formula 3

Jan 29, 2006
    Just the info in this thread should give you some idea of his character. I suppose it's possible he has changed his ways, but I really doubt it. I would suggest you tell all your friends about this thread and let them make their own decisions.

10. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Usually, when someone runs away from problems to another state, it's only a matter of time until he recreates his misery there....

11. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
  12. Bugsytrumpet

Bugsytrumpet Rookie

Apr 6, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Keith Fiala
    I appreciate the feedback guys...
    Sadly, the new Ferrari dealership is part of Ferrari of Houston - home of Risi Competizione...

Sincerely,

Keith Fiala
    Austin, TX

13. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    #238 Rifledriver, Mar 19, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
    Don't kid yourself. They know exactly who they hired and that is why he got the job. This is a small business. Everyone knows everyone or knows someone else who does. If they hired Atilla the Hun, they wanted to hire Atilla the Hun.

And besides, look at it this way. Chances are Texas does not have half of the consumer protection laws California does. In Texas he can probably do half his special magic without fear of legal trouble.

14. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Sorry to hear about your new dealers hiring policies. At least you know in advance.

15. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    ...Boy RD you have a way with words..."special magic"... indeed!

16. JulioF

JulioF Rookie

Dec 23, 2009
    I've had my California serviced at the Austin location twice now in the past year, and couldn't be happier. After receiving estimates from Kev, I checked around and found pricing to be most competitive.

No issues. Work performed on time and my issues were addressed successfully. In particular, a strange vibration from the engine was fixed by replacing a few relatively inexpensive parts which other repair facilities failed to identify as possible causes (and cost me some serious dollars in replacing items which were obviously not causing the problems). I happen to know for a fact that Kev was the one who recommended the inexpensive parts be replaced, when others had dismissed his insight and suggestions.

Kev's been in the business for many years. He knows how to troubleshoot. Do you want to change fluids for $1400 as the first and most inexpensive step in addressing your issues? Or would you prefer to replace your valve lifters for $7,000 as a first step, as some shops would suggest?

Perhaps he made a mistake once. Don't we all? Are any of you attorneys or physicians? Ever made a mistake? Do you want me to investigate your work history? Want me to post information here and elsewhere regarding the lawsuits against you for malpractice? I'll be happy to do this, because I have plenty of time on my hands as a retiree from Dell.

My friends all would describe me as tenacious. And I assure you that I am.

17. stevenbmaserati

stevenbmaserati Karting
    BANNED

Jun 15, 2007
    Claremont
    Full Name:
    Steven B.
    Once?!
    Well, FYI, he made 100's of mistakes, that people are still paying for, out here in California.
    And from what I hear, lot's of proof to support those mistakes.

You are grossly misinformed,,,, and probably one of those that believe OJ didn't do it.

18. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    #243 hank sound, Nov 5, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
    Oh boy !!! Anyway, since I'm once again looking at the bump up, of a thread that i thought was long buried, I'll up and address this to a very special person - - - "thank you E" (my adopted son). God, it's a long story............

Cheers :):):)

19. RWebber

RWebber Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2013
    Grasslands, USA
    Full Name:
    R Webber
    Has Kevork been confirmed as still in Texas?