London Cars | FerrariChat

London Cars

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by thepinkumbrella, Jan 26, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thepinkumbrella

thepinkumbrella F1 Veteran

Feb 26, 2006
    United Kingdom
    #1 thepinkumbrella, Jan 26, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just sorting through computer and came across these I took in London last year

Includes the Black and Orange Audi TT that was outside the Dorchester for most of the Summer, anyone know where it is now?

The Aston is amzing, unfortunately the last of its kind.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. dongerdude

dongerdude Formula 3

Mar 17, 2006
    Full Name:
    Carl
    Great pics. I agree enitirely about the Aston - hopefully they'll start and do more works developed versions of the current range in the near future.

Where do you go to spot the cars (other than the Dorchester and Harrods)? I was once waiting to meet a friend on High St Kensington and had time to kill so took a walk around some of the side streets surrounding there and saw some nice cars (mainly Bentleys, Astons and the like). There was one house had an SLR and a Phantom parked out front. THe house was for sale so later I looked on the net and found out they wanted offers over £22 million. Nice life that Phantom owners lead huh?

3. thepinkumbrella

Feb 26, 2006
    United Kingdom
    The Aston and the Maserati were on a side street behind Park Lane
    Anywhere in London generally reveals a few rarities
    I don't do tubes so when I'm there I'll walk
    Have generally seen a few up towards Padington as well

4. CUE99T

CUE99T Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2004
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Please tell me thats not a red dash and steering wheel in that 430?

No wonder his mate is laughing!!!!

5. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    I saw the same Aston and Veyron. The Aston is, I heard, one of only 30 T600 built! I got some nice London pics from summer too, going to make a gallery later on :)

6. thepinkumbrella

Feb 26, 2006
    United Kingdom
    For the sake of accuracy its V600

7. Hazy

Hazy F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 12, 2005
    England
    Full Name:
    Adam
    The Veryon is totally fugly. Saw one in Cannes last year, had a good look around it and TBH I wouldnt buy one even if I had the dollar to do so.

8. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    #8 Seth, Jan 28, 2007
  9. v15ben

v15ben Formula 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I'll be in London for work in a couple of weeks so hopefully I can add a few nice cars to this thread... keep up the pictures. There are always plenty of exotic and rare motors on the streets of London :D

10. decampos

decampos Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 11, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ben
    #10 decampos, Jan 28, 2007
  11. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    Doh! Yeah I knew, was thinking of how the guy has a slightly wrong plate... and apparently I made the same mistake.

12. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
  13. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    Some cracking spots there Marek, icluding a Bentley GTC over 6 months ago!

BUT....wtf is that Pink S Class all about? Whoever comissioned that abomination needs to have a serious chat with themselves. (some how, I cant get the pics to post up here)

14. dongerdude

dongerdude Formula 3

Mar 17, 2006
    Full Name:
    Carl
    Some fabulous pics - I love the ones of the F430 and Gallardo outside that blue building.

It never ceases to amaze me how many cars there are in london with arabic plates these days

15. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    There are not too many this time of year, but seem to be pretty common in the summer. Players!

16. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    Thanks ;)

The GTC was outside a Bentley showroom, I was quite surprised myself, hence the quick pic :)

The S class... yeah, that REALLY was smth, shame I didn't have a proper cam with me, just the phone. Thing is I've seen other pics of it, with Saudi plates. When I saw it though it had some really crazy plates - they looked like some metal art sculpture, never seen anything like it. While I can understand the eccentricity of the colour though... those wheels just kill me each time I look at those pics. Ugh :|

17. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    I like the ones when the 2 are leaving that place :) They seemed in a hurry, hope it wasn't due to me taking pics of their cars, because they seemed to take off some 10min after I started :( And I hope you DID spot that huge black horse sculpture there? ;) Perfect setting... just too bad it wasn't on its hind legs ;)

18. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    It seemed like MOST of the cars in the Knightsbridge area where arab cars at that time... especially around Harrods ;)

19. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Is that the vantage with the 600bhp power upgrade???

20. thepinkumbrella

Feb 26, 2006
    United Kingdom
    Tis indeedy

This car left Newport Pagnell as a standard Vantage but was returned to the Works Department for engine upgrades and turning out 600 bhp

21. 1FAFP90

1FAFP90 Karting

Dec 13, 2006
    Are you sure it wasn't Rotting Hill ? LOL

22. ferrari_fan99

ferrari_fan99 Karting

Oct 30, 2006
    England
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Nice shots eveyrone, think London must be one of the top places to spot exotics but it has been a long time since i have been, so maybe a visit this year is in order :) !!

In answer to an question in the 1st post about the Veyron, I believe i know it is owned by a Saudi Arabian prince who was in London for sometime and decided to ship his veyron here, leave it parked out the front for 6 months so he could see it. I don't believe he ever drove it and it may now have been sent back to Saudi. That's a put together of all of the sotires and myths i have heard about it so take it with a pinch of salt :D

23. Zegna

Zegna Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2006
    North America
    Full Name:
    Jesse
    I noticed there are quite a lot of cars there with Middle Eastern plates.

I'm curious, on what basis they can be used freely like that? Is it b/c of the owners are under diplomatic purposes or is it one can bring their cars privately and freely from their home countries?

24. sketchsk85

sketchsk85 Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2005
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    ohhhh myyyy looorrrdddd
    i would kill for that car!
    lol

-Thomas

25. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    Nope. It belongs, IIRC, to the son of the Sheikh of Ajman, one of the emirates in the UAE.

It was a shock for me when I first saw the car (at that time, parked by the Sheraton) and decided I was going to wait no matter how long just to hear it run. About 30min later some young (I would say no more than 20-22yrs old) arab guys walk out of the Sheraton. One walks up to the Veyron, starts looking - all fine. Suddenly he opens the driver's door - at which moment I'm thinking: what the hell is he doing?? The nerve of just going up like that and opening it?! Then he actually sits inside, which to me spelt bigtime trouble for this guy. Only when the lights turned on and a split second later the low rumble of the W16 came to life did I realize this young guy was actually the OWNER :( Eh... some people have it all.