List of Ferrari's in Microsofts Forza Motorsports | FerrariChat

List of Ferrari's in Microsofts Forza Motorsports

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Toolfan2, Jan 21, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Toolfan2

Toolfan2 Karting

Jan 13, 2005
    Washington State
    Thought you guys might find this cool. Forza is a racing game coming out April 1st, and is a exclusive title to the Xbox. Microsoft being the super big software developer that it is was able to afford the 10 million dollar license fee required to have Ferrari in their game. The list is pretty nice, but they are all real common and well known F-cars. Would have liked to see some lesser known models too. There will be over 150 cars total.

2002 Ferrari 575M Maranello
    2004 Ferrari 360 Modena
    1964 Ferrari 250 GTO
    2003 Enzo Ferrari
    1995 Ferrari F50
    1993 Ferrari 512 TR
    1984 Ferrari GTO
    1992 Ferrari F40
    1967 Ferrari 330 P4
    1969 Ferrari Dino 246 GT
    1998 Ferrari 355 GTS
    2005 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti
    1996 Ferrari #12 Risi Competizione
    1998 Ferrari F355 Challenge
    2003 Ferrari #88 Veloqx Prodrive Racing 550 Maranello
    2004 Ferrari Challenge Stradale

2. infraredline

infraredline Formula 3

Mar 15, 2004
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    John
    Is that $10MM dollar license figure accurate?

I do think Ferrari should maintain control of their name in the gaming sector, but why is it just a fee?

They should license to the very best racing games out, and work closely with the programmers to ensure that the digital reproductions are faithful to the originals as well as allowing them to drive and record specs for new cars such as the F430.

3. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Interesting that they are creating another game with similar cars, given that PGR/PGR2 are basically in-house. My friend is the lead guy for PGR2 (it's his baby), and Ferrari obviously signed on there, so it doesn't make a lot of sense.

I'll call him and find out what the story is on licensing, etc.

--Dan

4. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    i'd bet $10M it isn't a simple fee :)

i've done video game licensing with big brands, and they were some of the longest, most detailed contracts i've ever negotiated.

that's just the up-front guarantee.

doody.

5. Toolfan2

Toolfan2 Karting

Jan 13, 2005
    Washington State
    Forza is a simulation, while PGR2 is a arcade racing game. In Forza you can buy new parts for yor car, to make it look better and improve its performance. They went out and drove all these cars to get a feel for how they drive and work and tried to put that into the game as realistically as possible while at the sametime making the game fun to play.

Although Forza's realism doesn't match Gran Turismo 4's. I've played the Japanese version of GT4 and I have to say, with a steering wheel and HDTV, not only does GT4 look like the best racing sim ever, it is also the most realistic racing sim ever made. I would say as far as being close to reality as it is, GT4 gets it about 90% right.

6. PrancingHorseFan

PrancingHorseFan Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2004
    delaware
    i know about forza, great list of f-cars too. the only one on that list i dont like is the 612.