Let's get to the bottom of our UK Dealers! | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Let's get to the bottom of our UK Dealers!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by angelboy, Dec 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    Actually I was wondering the same thing Myself,however the Goodwill charter is not based on the warranty only as is implied "Goodwill"
    Dave Mc

2. Rrari

Rrari Rookie

Feb 2, 2010
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I had a pretty much identical experience with Anthony Posner at Hendon Way Motors. Avoid them like the plague. He is the biggest liar I have ever met. Do a google search and you will find tonnes of similar complaints. Check the Pistonheads forums, and there are hundreds of posts about HWM.

Anthony at various times claims to be the owner, a director, or an employee who unfortunately is not authorised to refund deposits.

He should be in Jail.

3. petraluck

petraluck Rookie

Apr 14, 2010
    Im having a legal dispute as well with HWM. The place is a nightmare.

4. petraluck

petraluck Rookie

Apr 14, 2010
    Hi Rrari you still having problems with them?

5. ross lillywhite

Mar 19, 2008
    Reading Uk
    Full Name:
    Ross Lillywhite
    sorry, but no way go to Hollingworth....... first car from them broke down within 2 miles, fixed,,,, then broke down the next two times of trying to drive it. took 2 months to get car finally fixed...and then next decided to buy my next one after giving them another chance. 6 weeks after agreeing a deal they totally backtracked and refused to do the deal as there wasnt enough money in it for them. after looking at the car they had on their forecourt, maybe something they should have done before putting on for sale as they said it wanted too much work doing to it meanwhile they changed their name and the son took over and it took a lot of trouble and even more time to get my deposit back.
    this went on and on on the clubscuderia site, some of you might rememner...
    But the service side does have a very good reputation, and would deal with them, but not the sales.

6. petraluck

petraluck Rookie

Apr 14, 2010
    Hi,im in a dispute with that place at the moment. Im interrested in similar stories. If you can help it would be much appreciated. I've never known such a place.

7. bazzis

bazzis Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Sarratt, Herts
    I've had my 512TR for 10 years, I have known Karl at Verdis since 1982 when he replaced a clutch in a Boxer,, always easy to chat with and knows everything about F cars, especially the early 'classic' cars. He has done all the servicing on my 512 and always looks after the car as I would expect, I would recommend him as first choice if location is suitable.

8. Hole in the ground

Oct 19, 2007
    where the hell did this thread come from, its six years old....

9. Hazy

Hazy F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 12, 2005
    England
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I agree, quite ridiculous to drag it up...someone got an axle to grind perhaps??