DFW - Lee Goodman - Anyone Know Him? | FerrariChat

DFW Lee Goodman - Anyone Know Him?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by J-P, Feb 25, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. J-P

J-P Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2007
    #1 J-P, Feb 25, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    Wondering if anyone knew this chap? He was a Fort Worth banker, who was the original US owner of my car and had it imported in 1976. Apparently he was a big car guy, but this was likely his only F-car.

From what I’ve been able to gather, he passed around 2014 or so, and owned the car up until that time. I was trying to piece together more info on the car, so was wondering if anyone actually knew the guy.

He has some older sons in the area, one of whom I attempted to contact via his wife, for whom I tracked down a number. She was nice enough when I called out of the blue, if not surprised. She said she would pass along my contact info to her husband (one of the sons), but I never heard back. Sent her a follow-up text a couple months later, but no response. Figured they weren't interested in waxing nostalgic about the past. Never know the back stories with some families.

I was able to contact the importer of record and have a conversation with him. He is a FTW businessman who worked for Lee at the bank during that time, and was asked to handle the importation. Unfortunately he knows nothing of the car beyond that.

Not sure who the mechanics were in the area during that time period. James at Norwood looked a bit in their record archives and didn’t find anything.

Anyway, I’m starting to ramble. If anyone knew him, please let me know.

Cheers.

2. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    What model? Have you tried searching the last 5 digits of the VIN here?

3. J-P

J-P Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2007
    Yes, did that. Nothing to speak of.