Launch X 431 Pro Mini is it any good. | FerrariChat

Launch X 431 Pro Mini is it any good.

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Phils430DIY, Jan 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Phils430DIY

Phils430DIY Rookie

Sep 5, 2019
    Wales UK
    Full Name:
    Phil M
    Hi Everyone, Very new to all this forum stuff. Bought a F430 last year and I'm looking to do most of the maintenance myself. So this machine must be able to do the bleeding procedure on F1 actuator and F1 gear relearn etc. Anyone know if this X431 Pro mini will be suitable.

Happy New Year to everyone
    Phil

2. mikeprice

mikeprice Rookie

Jun 19, 2010

Hi Phil,

I have just bought one of these does everything!!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Ferrari+Maserati+Diagnostic+Software+Complete+Tablet+%2B+Dongle+Plug+%26+Play+Ready.&_sacat=0

3. Phils430DIY

Phils430DIY Rookie

Sep 5, 2019
    Wales UK
    Full Name:
    Phil M
    Hi Mike,
    Is it Launch X431 Pro mini or a copy. I saw these on Ebay but couldn't get any response to my questions from the seller, as was it a copy and did it come with 2 years updates. What do you make of it copy or genuine.

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Next question would be does it actually work to bleed F1 systems and optimize PIS? If all you use it for is to look for problems, that is a completely different thing.

5. Phils430DIY

Phils430DIY Rookie

Sep 5, 2019
    Wales UK
    Full Name:
    Phil M
    Exactlly there are plenty of read only machines that don't cost anywhere near £550. Does anyone on here have the necessary information for me to make a informed choice.
    Mike is yours a copy of a genuine Launch system and will it do what tazandjan ask.

6. tstuli

tstuli Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2018
    NC
    I was able to pickup a Launch x431 Mini (2 years of updates) on amazon for equivalent of 470GBP. 100GBP more for a copy doesn’t sound right...

It does everything you mention (PIS, bleed, etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Phils430DIY

Phils430DIY Rookie

Sep 5, 2019
    Wales UK
    Full Name:
    Phil M
    Thanks for the feed back I will give it a few days and see if anyone else has some input before I take the plunge.

8. Phils430DIY

Phils430DIY Rookie

Sep 5, 2019
    Wales UK
    Full Name:
    Phil M
    Just thought I would update everyone. I bought the Launch X431 Pro mini tried it out on my Range Rover Sport and the Audi S3 I have to say I'm very impressed

Had a play with it and could see that it will deal with Bleeding ABS units F1 actuators and clutches together with loads of other stuff. Payed £507 from the official site got wacked with a £20 import tax from customs but the Launch people refunded the £20 due to the fact it was supposed to be shipped from UK not Malaysia

Hopes this helps someone who is looking for a good scanner

9. Greg Larson

Greg Larson Rookie

Nov 12, 2018
    oregon
    Full Name:
    Bob the Builder
    Yes...... The Launch does the PIS setting and you can bleed everything but the Ediff. No support for that on the tool as of now. Mine is version Ferrari 10.85

10. epb0

epb0 Rookie

Feb 27, 2015
    FRANCE

It's Diagzone, a X431 hack.
    It's well work, but you can find it for less than half of this price (without tab, only dongle with software and 1 year free update).

I'm not a seller, don't contact me, just search on the web if you are interest !

11. gidleigh

gidleigh Karting

Nov 27, 2010
    Coronado, Ca
    I bought the Ferrari Maserati Diagnostic Software Complete Tablet + Dongle Plug& Play Ready tool from eBay UK. It would not interrogate my 2001 360 TCU. It would only act as a basic code clearing obd2 reader. It would work on my Maserati and a friends 458. I bought it to read clutch wear. It did not work for me. The dongle was a Golo Carcare dongle related to the Launch icarscan for Android/IOS and Launch X431 Easy Diag3.0 OBDII Bluetooth Code Reader. All of these readers have a 8-9 digit serial number starting with 9xxxxxxxxxxx. You have to register the device with say.... Diagzone.com. Then you can buy individual car software packages for $7 each or a gazillion for $75. They are the knockoffs of Leonardo or some such reputable company. They are not the exact software, but will change many setting on the exotic cars represented. Don't buy the dongles from Aliexpress. eBay has some for $290+

12. rmfurzeland

rmfurzeland Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Ron Furzeland
    epb0's reply is on the right track, you do not need to buy the Android tablet if you already have an Android device such as phone or tablet. Just use your smartphone loaded with Diagzone software ($75), assuming it has Bluetooth, then add a ODBII to Bluetooth adapter to communicate from the car to your smartphone (or your existing tablet). These adapters are listed here https://diagzone.com/en and cost $200-300

Regards ,
    Ron

13. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    I tried a friend's Diagzone tool and was not happy with its performance. It was very incomplete, prone to crashing, not intuitive lacking feedback, and did not work on the 360F1 I tried it on.

I bought a Launch X431 and I am much more impressed with this tool. It seems to be more of a tool package than the Diagzone one. I have only tried it on my Porsche 997 and it did a great job compared to my Durametric Porsche tool. It also did well on my BMW 2006 530xi. I need to use it more on Ferrari and Maserati before I rule on its usability but so far so good.

14. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Mitchell,

Where you able to turn off all the idiot lights and reset the brake MIL etc on the BMW?

15. tstuli

tstuli Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2018
    NC
  16. ulf308qv

ulf308qv Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Ulf M
    Good write up, thanks for sharing.
    Planning to buy a 360 within a year and like to work on my cars myself.

17. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    I have a couple of airbag related things that need to be fixed before the idiot lights can be turned off, but the x431 read the correct codes. That is good.