LaFrance hauler with 250 GT 2+2 Chevy. | FerrariChat

LaFrance hauler with 250 GT 2+2 Chevy.

Discussion in 'Recreations & Non-Period Rebodies' started by GIOTTO, May 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    France
  2. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    Was just coming here to post that. I'd rather see the car original but I think he did an awesome job with it under the circumstances. And the Super Hauler is waaay cool-- I want one.

Seems like a great owner.

3. lgs

lgs Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2006
  4. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Awesome story and super well done. This is a case of a Ferrari being "saved" rather than destroyed. If somebody wants to put a correct engine back in later, it should be very easy to do that. I love how they made the engine look correct, even down to having 3 carbs and correct air cleaner. I'm surprised they didn't use wrinkle paint on the valve covers, but that's a minor point and the car looks awesome. Even from a driving perspective, everything seems as right as it can be under the circumstances when looking at the interior driving clips. I'd love to see a video comparing this car to one with a correct engine.

5. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    France
    Those LaFrance trucks are incredible and this one is just beautiful.
    The 250GT is #3137.

6. lgs

lgs Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2006
    The car actually has the correct engine upon saving a derelict car sans engine. The identy is clear, also its actual state and all between - including the replacement engine - is the the car's history. Perfect as it is today.

7. gabf1

gabf1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2004
    Rockies
    Very nice story. Thanks for posting