Is this a real 250 owner's pouch and shell cloth on EBAY? | FerrariChat

Is this a real 250 owner's pouch and shell cloth on EBAY?

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by synchro, Jul 5, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    only at $772 and one day to go - seems too good to be true or am I missing something?

2. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    the pouch is a pouch from the eighties and not original to the 250. the shell cloth doesn't look like any shell cloth that i am familar with. having said that, the photo isn't that good and colors are off. with the pouch being misrepresented, i wouldn't be surprised if the cloth was as well.

3. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Listing says, "OWNER'S HANDBOOK WITH A POUCH." Seller doesn't claim that is is original to any specific year/model. As for the cloth being "original," original to what?

4. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    wayne,

valid point. the seller has been careful in choosing the wording, but i believe it is misleading.

5. T308

T308 Formula 3

May 12, 2004
    Southern Cal
    The cloth's after 1971. Parker Hall sells them I believe.

Here's the history of the Shell logo

http://www.shell.com/static/royal-en/downloads/pectenhistory.pdf

T308

6. T308

T308 Formula 3

May 12, 2004
    Southern Cal
    I almost want to message the bidder and warn him in case he doesn't realize it, but then again, let the buyer beware....

T308

7. barchetta

barchetta Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    The description for the listing reads as follows:

"FERRARI 250GT/SWB/CAL SPYDER, GTE - OWNER'S HANDBOOK WITH A POUCH, AND ORIGINAL SHELL WIPING CLOTH.

250 GT /E OWNER'S HANDBOOK IN FRENCH DATED MARCH 1963. THE BOOK'S FRONT AND REAR COVERS ARE WORN AND THERE IS SOME DISCOLOURATION ON THE INSIDE COLOURED SECTIONS. BUT IT IS IN RELATIVELY GOOD CONDITION FOR IT'S AGE.

THE WIPING CLOTH IS BRAND NEW, NEVER USED. IT MEASURES 48CMS BY 34CMS.

THE POUCH IS AS NEW AND IN PERFECT CONDIITON, WITH SLIGHT WEAR ON THE CLIP."

Obviously, a potential buyer should perform careful due diligence before making this type of purchase. Nevertheless, I believe that the wording is rather misleading.