Is Hamilton one of the GOAT F1 drivers? | Page 34 | FerrariChat

Is Hamilton one of the GOAT F1 drivers?

Discussion in 'F1' started by ren0312, Aug 1, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    What era are you referring to when you say that drivers were doing their own strategy, not getting info on competitors etc?

ATBNM3 likes this.
  2. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Also if you had the chance to try both on a track, which car you think you would be able get the most out of, the modern hybrids or the 90's cars?

3. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    A bit of both really if I had it my way. Put in a 3ltr V-10 in todays cars. Just radio contact with the pits and cut off all electronics having to do with laptops and HQ. Let the driver feel the car and he decides when to pit (sideboard signage from the pits giving the driver splits). Now that would be mental.

Take it a step further....cut DRS, cut alot of the aero, cut the CCB'S and in place use steel brakes.....now we're talkin. More driver skill and more mental induced.....but that's just me.

4. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Here here

5. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Do you ever know when you’ve lost your argument? Christ almighty, I feel embarrassed for you

6. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Speaking of embarrassment, did you see Hamilton embarrass Vettel the other day?

william and ATBNM3 like this.
  7. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    AFAIR, the most dominant car in F1 history was the 1988 McLaren MP4/4. It won 15 out of the 16 races, often by a considerable margin, and only lost the Italian GP when Senna was punted out of the lead whilst lapping a backmarker.

william likes this.
  8. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Didn’t do it for four seasons in a row though did it. Get your facts right eh?

9. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Did he? I thought Vettel crashed.... didn’t see elton give him a wedgie, or nick his bird....... did you see that on the aftershow?

10. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Yeah Ham blazed him on the first lap

william likes this.
  11. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    No, he stayed into the corner alongside him and Seb slid into him, that’s not winning a race, that’s being lucky not to get hit off. Stop making up crap

12. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Stop giving the long version, in short Ham blazed him, just like he did Alonso.

william likes this.
  13. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    No, he didn’t.... are you watch8ng the same races as the rest of us, I think you watch something else

14. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    Hmm, mine are all facts. What other team has won 93.75% of all the races in one season? Ferrari dominated for many seasons in a row; McLaren, Williams and Lotus have all had dominant cars. Hamilton didn't join a dominant team, he joined a team with potential and contributed to what the team realised, just the same as Schumacher and before him Lauda did at Ferrari.

As a F1 fan you should applaud that: as a Ferrari fan you should envy it and wonder how Ferrari missed out on such a talent.

william likes this.
  15. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    You may as well say every driver who overtakes is lucky not to get hit off. Hamilton gave him plenty of room, Vettel just ran out of talent.

william and fer312t like this.
  16. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I only feel envious over real drivers, with the skill to drive anything at all, and to cope with whatever is thrown at them. There’s no way I’ll ever be envious over that prat , he is fast, and lucky to be in the most dominant car ever

fil likes this.
  17. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Another that sees only what he wants to see are you? Never mind, maybe you will one day meet your idol and tell us all about the butterflies in your stomach when you did hehehehehehehe

18. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    The McLaren was head and shoulders for a season, in the early 2000’s ferrari had two cars that were, for a season each, the dominant car by a mile, neither had the best car without a challenge for four seasons in a row, and rules that meant no one could possibly even think about catching up.... that’s the difference. The cars from before were dominant despite having a development race throughout their dominant seasons, hence, it was more of an achievement to do so back then when anyone could spend as many millions as they liked to develop between races. Mercedes has only been challenged truly this year, and what happens, they protest every single part of the car, accuse drivers of punting them off (pot calling the kettle black after elton smashing into Nico at every opportunity), and claim dirty tricks when they lose, and that they are so fantastic when they get a win..... bunch of scumbags one and all. I bet Nico is chuffed to bits getting out having overcome their ****ty treatment of him trying to prevent him being a world champion - he had the last laugh and stuffed it to elton after the sabotaged his car for two years running

Yeah, your mob are real classy...... bunch of cheats and whiny *******

JLF likes this.
  19. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    The difference is class William. Pure class. Schumi banged the desk in private and offered solutions to problems, and owned the things that went wrong as much as the engineer that might have ****ed up. He never ever criticised his team, and built team spirit in every meeting, every test, every race. He is the consummate sportsman, the ultimate driver, and the very greatest ever to have lived and driven FULLSTOP. elton isn’t fit to lick his boots clean

Elton screams blue murder if there is a single issue, a single wrong call, and is all about deflecting all problems regardless onto someone else, to the point the team even throw their own people under the bus to appease the diva. He has no class, no rounded skills, he is just able to drive fast in the cars perfect conditions. Throw in too much heat, or the wrong tyre spec, and he hasn’t the first clue how to minimise the damage done, he’s too busy trying to make sure the blame is on someone else.

20. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Or too busy taking selfies

daytona355 and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  21. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    Incidentally, Michael Mk2 had loads of trouble with the Pirellis and was often quite exasperated with their narrow operating window, and the artificial heat induced tire deg. - they are simply not a pure performance tire, and will frustrate any real racing driver types like Michael or Lewis. It's a bit of a leveler, and tends to flatter the systems manager / cruise and collect types like Rosberg. :D

While Lewis is as good a 'tire whisperer' as anyone on the current grid, I'm quite convinced that if someone like Michelin wins the tire tender, the gap to Hamilton and rest of the field will be even more pronounced.:cool:

22. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Elton sucks in tyre managment...he remenber when he blew it 2 times in a row in Hungaroring...lolo what a turd...

fil likes this.
  23. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    I don't really remember that specifically, but one tends not to remember to hiccups due to the sheer quantity of wins Lewis has in Hungary...you know...2007...2009...2012...2013...2016...2018. It's all such a blur of winning :D

william likes this.
  24. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    i only see a blur of ****....

fil likes this.
  25. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    LOL.

I don't have heros (I am my own hero) and I don't support any team. I just enjoy motor racing as a sport and I am experienced and objective enough to recognise talent when I watch it.