Is Alonso Insane? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Is Alonso Insane?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Anthony_Ferrari, Oct 3, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyc

tonyc Formula 3

Oct 19, 2003
    Monterey, CA
    Full Name:
    Tony C
    I agree, even though I hate to say it about anyone who is not in a Ferrari, FA is a good driver and he is the WC right now. I do not want to take anything away from him. Just like I do not want others to say the FIA help MS win (if MS wins the WDC this year)

2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Well said. I wouldn't mind FA on my team. I like how he has a lot of fire in him to make him want to tear up the track. As long as he doesn't try to run into people on the track, fine by me.

I think TO wouldn't be that much of a problem. Keyshawn Johnson was a ****ing maniac with the Buccaneers. I felt bad that Gruden had to deal with that pos for that long. I was very happy when he was released.

If there's anyone you want to call overrated, try Kimi. Yet to win a WDC. You can't call a driver overrated that has won a WDC and is very close to another. Unlike some other champions where their title defending year was very lackluster.

3. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    I swear to god If Alonso is anybody he's Donte Stallworth.

I got so annoid with the press he got a few years ago that anytime I changed it to ESPN it was < Donte Stallworth, "Well Donte Stallworth" Donte Stallworth is the best lookin WR in the NFC right now" Donte Stallworth is gonna be a threat in this game" "I think Donte Stallworth is gonna have a great game today against the 49ers" "Remember when Donte Stallworth cought that TD pass"

The list can go on. If there's any Terrible Owens in F-1 it would have to be Kimi.

4. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    It's hard to compare a WR to an F1 driver. A QB would make more sense. A QB and F1 driver pretty much have complete control of what happens. A WR is just there. Can't really make or break a race/game as much as a QB or driver can. Alonso is pretty much completely responsible for winning those races. The car can't win without the driver. Look at Fisi. Even with the car, he's had problems throughout the season.

5. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli
    Alonso isn't insane, and I think he has a reason to be pissed off right now. On the outside looking in, I think the FIA has been making decisions for the purpose of affecting the outcome of the WDC. I still think the tuned mass dampers ban was crap as was the blocking penalty Alonso was given. In China, I would have preferred to see Alonso shake Michael's hand but I'm not going to fault him for being very disappointed for losing, after all I can remember a few instances when MS was challenging Mika Hakkinen for the WDC and MS wasn't Mr. Warm N. Fuzzy either. That issue with the right rear corner of the car that prolonged his pitstop really did affect his ability to get back on the track and at least challenge MS, so Alonso has a reason to be upset. Is he whiney, no; and he is certainly not a person who is destructive to the team such as TO so that comparison is ridiculous. He got his championship through hard work and clean driving which is more than can be said for some other drivers, and he could have turned in on MS just like MS did to Jacques but Alonso didn't. I really hope he beats MS in these last two races.

6. plilja

plilja Rookie

Sep 2, 2006
    Bålsta, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Patrik Lilja
    I´m with you all the way, of course he´s a great driver (he beat Ferrari and Michael and that´s not bad). I just ment that I think he is feeling greater pressure defending his title then to win his first one. It´s super to win the F1-title but it´s even bigger to show the world that it wasn´t a one time only. And the odds of doing it with a Mclaren next year doesn´t look so good. But time will tell....

7. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    I have to agree. There is a difference between a cheat and a poor sportsman. MS is one, Alonso is another.

Another point, I really don't see how anyone can fault Alonso for 'cracking' though. He hasn't really done anything to show that he has cracked. Has his driving deteriorated? I'm not a driver, but from the outside looking in, I'd say no. Putting out a few memos to a news agency is not cracking. Until he fails to deliver or makes a poor decision in a race and crashes I'd be very hesitant to say he is cracking under the pressure.

8. tonyc

tonyc Formula 3

Oct 19, 2003
    Monterey, CA
    Full Name:
    Tony C
    Honestly, I have not seen Alonso cheat. MS may have parked his car after making a mistake into a corner but I would not call him a poor sportsman for it. It was bad actiing. If the moved worked Ferrari fans would be celebrating his good luck and cleverness.

9. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    +1

10. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    I think you missed my point. I called MS a cheat and FA the poor sportsman. I suppose a poor sportsman could include cheating, but lets assume it doesn't.

11. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli
    Actually, Mr. Payne was referring to Alonso as the poor sportsman and MS as the cheat.

Edit: damn, you beat me to it

12. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
  13. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    The funny thing about Alonso is that he seems to crack outside the car but in it he's still brilliant. Kinda the reverse of MS. I agree with the others, he got the right to be pissed but maybe he should keep it to himself. Anyway I hope he mops up the floor with MS these next two races.

14. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    lol, I just watched the ITV version. It happened at the start of the last lap, hahaha.

15. tonyc

tonyc Formula 3

Oct 19, 2003
    Monterey, CA
    Full Name:
    Tony C
    Naaa, I was just messing with you and trying to point out that I did not consider MS a cheat. He may have made some bad decisions in the "heat of the moment", but that is far from intentionly planning on cheating like having extra gas tanks, electronic brake bias controls, etc..

16. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    I consider those "bad decisions" to be cheating. The FIA seems to agree.

17. tonyc

tonyc Formula 3

Oct 19, 2003
    Monterey, CA
    Full Name:
    Tony C
    I do not want to get off topic so I will leave it with "we both know the FIA is always right" :)

18. robertjaiken

robertjaiken Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Sounding like Montoya? I think Alonso sounds more like Jacques Villeneuve at the moment. Won one WC, and moaned his way through the rest of his carreer, blaming everyone and everything else for his mistakes, rather than just knuckling down, and getting on with it...

19. robertjaiken

robertjaiken Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    He has been lucky, in that he has had an amazing run in the Renault. We'll see how he challenges next year in the Macca. But he is hardly overrated. His record is actually very similar to MS's at the same time during his carreer.

20. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    How about intentional ramming into Hill and Villneau and intentioning blocking the track at Monaco...there are many more such incidents throughout his career...that is not only cheating my friend, but off the race track the two ramming incidents would be considered aggravated assault with a deadly weapon...all I can say about MS is good riddance and please don't come back...

21. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    eight time world champion, almost every record in the book and unlikely to be topped. oh, and don't forget highest paid athlete ever. works for me.

22. Steve B

Steve B Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Naperville
    Full Name:
    Steven L. Biagini
    Using this criteria, both Alain Prost and Ayrton Senna would be guilty of cheating and aggravated assault (e.g., the 1989 and 1990 Japanese grand prixes).

23. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    That would be true...it was wrong for them too...

24. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    So winning and making the most money is all that matters ? That's so sad if that is your true feelings...character and how you compete and live your life is so much more important...FYI, MS has only won 7 F1 World Championships, not 8...and at least two of them are tarnished IMHO due to his cheating...

25. Steve B

Steve B Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Naperville
    Full Name:
    Steven L. Biagini
    OK, you are consistent. I was just pointing out that this type of behavior, while clearly objectionable, has been exhibited by some of the most hallowed names in the sport.