Is Alonso Insane? | FerrariChat

Is Alonso Insane?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Anthony_Ferrari, Oct 3, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    http://www.sportinglife.com/formula1/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=formula1/06/10/03/manual_115203.html

Does he really believe this? Even if he does shouldn't he just keep his thoughts to himself till after Brazil? Do you think he thinks this will help to motivate the team?

Or is he just getting his excuses in now for when he loses the Championship?

2. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    Starting to sound like Montoya, isn't he? Latin drivers are too hot headed,or it could be he's already making exuses, should he lose the championship this year. Even the spanish newspapers are blaming Renault. That's just how I want Alonso, racing angry and with the possibility of making mistakes.

3. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    not only is renault f-ing him, when he gets to mclarin he will start dnf-ing like kimi. he made a bad move. his championship last year was a fluke and he knows it. what a sad career he's gonna have. too bad too, i don't like him but he's a damn good driver.

4. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Its over for Alonso, he is cracking under pressure. Het Alonso the difference between a Champ and a Chump is U!

5. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    When he grows up someday, he will learn to keep his mouth shut until the appropriate time.

This was not that time.

6. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Maybe he should try a round of "moto-tennis". ;)

Or a singing career.

If he blames everyone else instead of learning from the mistakes, his winning days are over.

At least he's made Renault glad he's leaving.

I bet Ron Dennis isn't exactly celebrating.

7. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    Well the Spanish press are a rabid bunch. There is a shaved head journo who is perhaps the biggest fan of Alonso and he makes a lot of baseless comments in the press. Possibly the press took a comment of his out of context and made it seem like a blind accusation.

But if he did actually say this then it is an indication that the frustration and stress is getting to him. Paranoia perhaps?

Not even in his wildest dreams would Fernando have thought that Michael would win on Sunday after the dominance of Renault and Michelin on Saturday. :)

8. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Wow, Asslonzo is as crazy as Humphrey Bogart's Captain Queeg in The Caine Mutiny, or maybe it is "the vast right-wing conspiracy" at work again; in any event I've never been a fan of FA, especially after all his finger waving after race wins last year-or was he telling us the number of times Kimi's McLaren broke down?

Asslonzo is fast but not smart; he's in dire need of an attitude adjustment. His bad attitude will further alienate him from his team when he needs them most; wait 'til he gets to McLaren and Ron Dennis next year. If I worked for Renault I'd be pulling for Fisi to beat Asslonzo so I would have a chance of winning the Constructer's title....

Question to all the Schumacher haters:Has MS ever made these assinine statements?

Asslonzo is the Terrell Owens of Formula 1....

9. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. Asslonslow is really slipping. Maybe he is taking lessons from the JV & Montoya school of stupidity.

10. tonyc

tonyc Formula 3

Oct 19, 2003
    Monterey, CA
    Full Name:
    Tony C
    If this is true, yes Alonzo has cracked under the pressure. I hope it is just some yellow journalist!

11. Strasse

Strasse Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Wait till he joins Mclaren next year and doesn't see another finish line for the rest of his career.

12. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I just hope Alonso wins the WC this year with Renault and then with McLaren next year...Go Alonso Go...

13. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    This is curious, Many folks have been thinking that Renault may sabotage his Championship, but so far its only been speculation.... now I think you have confirmation ... how else could the car go from a 1st class winner to a dog? the mass damper situation is either the most critical thing or Renault are using that as the fall from form... to most likely protect info flow from Renault to McLaren for next year... Alonso is now paying for his decisions.... I still has a shot, but I think the the Championship is Schumachers for the taking... and Ferrari's, baring any unforseen issues... like pouring rain in Japan or Brazil... lets see its fall in Japan, kinda rainy... and its spring in Brazil... kinda rainy... so I think Alonso still has a good chance... but his words are not gonna help him much...

14. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    i agree. if he's complaining about the team not supporting him, wait till he joins mac next season and let him see. i suppose he'll master every escape road or short cuts to the pits at every race track there is :D

15. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    He may win this year but that will be it for the foreseeable future.....Kimi in a Ferrari and Asslonzo in the McLaren will see Asslonzo suicidal by the middle of next season.

16. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    LOL! Alonso is funny, but I feel bad laughing at someone who is mentally ill. :(

17. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    LoL

18. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    Anyone want to take bets on whose going to be the next one to sabotage Alonso? First it was the FIA, now its Renault...my bet is he blames his loss of the championship on global warming next.

Mark

19. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    But when he DNF's at Mclaren next year all the time, it will come as no surprise, based on the prior 2 years (or more) of that car.

Joker - you may be onto something with global warming - it must have an effect on the tires...

20. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I cant wait to read what Mr Briatore has to say about this..

21. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    El Nino :D

22. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    giving that whiner JPM a run for his money.....

23. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    IMHO, Ferrari will fall to mid-pack with Kimi...while he is a good driver, according to what I've read, he gives no feed back to the engineers like MS...and that's what has kept Ferrrai on top for the last 6 out of 7 years...

24. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I think he'll blame Ferrari next. "They, they STOLE the championship! Right out from under my hair!"

25. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    I am beginning not to like Alonso, reminds of Juan, Webber and Villenueve. Characters like them should not be part of the sport.