Importing and registering a 550 in France - Paris | FerrariChat

Importing and registering a 550 in France - Paris

Discussion in 'France' started by Chenrezi, Jan 17, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chenrezi

Chenrezi Karting

Feb 10, 2003
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Miguel
    #1 Chenrezi, Jan 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
    Fellow F-car enthusiasts:
    I come to you in this hour in dire need of advice and some “light”!
    As some of you may know I’ve been searching for a 550 Maranello for the last couple of months, but, albeit the “perfect” one still eluding me, I had another problem: registration!
    The only solution I came across is registering it in France in my girlfriends’ address (which I share with her).
    But today she called me telling me that she went to the marie and the guy there told her that it would cost 4,6€ per HP to register the maranello there (importing it from Germany).
    Now, all I’ve read about this on the web points other wise.
    http://paris.angloinfo.com/countries/france/motoregister.asp
    I’ve been thoroughly reading this website and I assumed there would be costs but never in the region of the 17000+ Euros that the guy was trying to rip my girlfriend off.

Can some of you please let me know how this works?
    I also read there was an exemption for cars with more than 10 years – which is the case with most 550 during 2011!
    It’s all in the site.

So, please, please let me know what to expect, and also, insurance for it in France, Paris region for the 550 – European insurance as the car will travel a bit to Germany and maybe the odd trip to Spain and Portugal.

Thank you in advance!

Merci beaucoup!