I need to borrow a 360 for a minute. | FerrariChat

I need to borrow a 360 for a minute.

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by SoftwareDrone, Feb 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The Focal 165 FX speakers are fantastic. However, in order to get them to fit in a 360, you need to cut into the door a bit. These have recently been discontinued and replaced with the new Focal 165 FE. The magnets as well as the flying buttresses (the speaker basket framework) have been significantly reduced in size. I need to see if they will fit in a 360 without any modifications to the door.
    Here's what I need to do:
    Remove the large silver trim piece from the door (which I have done probably 50 times)
    Remove the stock midrange speaker from the door card (three screws)
    See if the new midrange speaker fits (by placing it in the same location as the stock midrange and see if everything clears).
    That's it. If it fits, I'll give you a free set of these speakers. If it doesn't fit, I'll give you $50.00 for your troubles.
    This shouldn't take more than 10 minutes. I can come to you.
    I can't try this on my 360 because I have already cut into the doors to get the 165FX's to fit.
    Thanks.

2. ScudMarks

ScudMarks Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2018
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Mauer
    Mine’s all yours - for the small fee of some new speakers ;)

19633500GT likes this.
  3. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike