I need help (400 GT)

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by zwoemba, Aug 19, 2005.

  1. zwoemba

    zwoemba Formula 3

    Nov 22, 2003
    Hi everybody

    A friend of me hast just restored a 400 GT. It is almost finished, i've seen the car yesterday and it really looks fantastic, but now they're having a little problem. When you are sitting in the car, it's impossible to open the door. I don't know exactly the English name of it, but it just that silver thing which you can see in the door on this pic which is damaged

    Something has been damaged on it, so they can't use it anymore. They went to the dealer, but he doesn't want to sell that piece, because they didn't restore the car there. They have 2 other Ferrari's too (512 BBi and Mondial Qv), which they bought from the dealer, but the 400 GT not... They already searched a lot, but it is hard to find. It's probably the same piece in a 400i/412 and maybe a Mondial too.

    I hope you can help us :)

  2. To remove this ad click here.

  3. Ashman

    Ashman Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed Owner

    Sep 5, 2002
    Full Name:
    I would describe that in English as the "driver's side interior door handle".

    Ferrari UK may have that in their "Classic Parts" section. In the U.S. you might ask around at T. Rutlands in Georgia or a fellow named Fred Petroske in upstate New York. They both advertise in Ferrari Market Letter and other places.

  4. EssexBoy

    EssexBoy Rookie

    Oct 16, 2004
    Essex, UK
    Full Name:
    James Rigby has them new at £200. A cheaper alternative might be to try an alfa or fiat parts specialist - many 400 components are from these makers

    (I've got Alfa outer door handles on my 400).
  5. zwoemba

    zwoemba Formula 3

    Nov 22, 2003
    Thank you guys :)

Share This Page