Hybrid Wipers on F430 Just a FYI | FerrariChat

Hybrid Wipers on F430 Just a FYI

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Snapshift, Feb 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Snapshift

Snapshift Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 31, 2020
    Centralia IL
    Full Name:
    Lyle D. Pahnke
    I got tired of seeing all the clutter and chattering and streaking from the conventional steel Bosch wipers at the bottom of my windshield so I decided to replace these clunkers with something of more modern technology and sleeker looks. Also in the parked position, they are no longer visible while driving the car. I selected the Trico Shields since they don't have the clunky mounting block on top of a beam. The Shields are Teflon impregnated rubber on a steel beam without the end caps (that look like an after thought) mounted in a polymer frame shield with aerodynamic shape to increase windshield downforce. These blades had the lowest contoured almost invisible mounting directly into the frame with no obnoxious block or side mount. All in all I think it is the best hybrid blade in terms of looks and performance available and am very happy with them. I have kept the original Bosch ones and refilled them for sale with the car for concours purposes for its next owner.
    https://www.tricoproducts.com/products/hybrid-technology-wiper-blades/trico-shield?origin_product=product&part_product=20-240&body=&model=&skus=20-240%252C20-210&find=cars-light-trucks-ferrari-2005-f430-212557027
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

janmante, Ray Smith and tonyc like this.
  2. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    Where did you buy the Trico Shields?

Ray

3. Snapshift

Snapshift Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 31, 2020
    Centralia IL
    Full Name:
    Lyle D. Pahnke
    Amazon, But they were from different suppliers because of sizes. 24 in drivers side and 21 on passenger side. If you get them, there is a small modification I had to make and a trick to get them on but I can share that if needed by PM etc.

Ray Smith likes this.
  4. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    I'm on it. I'll send a PM. I ran into the different suppliers issue but it should not be a problem getting them.

Thanks for the heads-up and the offer to PM for the trick.

Ray

5. janmante

janmante Karting
    BANNED

Jan 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    jan mante
    Well, I like those! I went w/ the best functional route which is rain X ,but then I have been thinking , We have 350 days year of sunshine so we rarely need any and try to avoid driving in rain anyway ! LOL

Snapshift likes this.