Hungary - Qualifying - **spoiler** | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Hungary - Qualifying - **spoiler**

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by jknight, Aug 4, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    The STR bosses. But nobody important. ;)

Or maybe they thought Speed really would deck 'em, one day. :p

Fisi was on an out-lap ahead of Yamamoto (although the announcers said it was Sutil at the time) when the Spyker was on a hot lap. Fisi also got a 5 spot penalty.

I thought maybe Alonso's five spot was just deleting his last lap, but apparently it was just an arbitrary number of spots.

Horrible consistency on penalties. Usually they lose thier three fastest laps or all their Q3 lap times. But then there are times when they send the driver all the way to the back (Monaco) or half the Q3 field (Hungary).

Alonso blocks Hamilton from getting a potential pole run and gets five spots. Fisi blocks a car that's been at the bottom of the timing sheet almost every race this year, and also gets five spots.

... And I still think Monaco was an honest mistake. ;)
    (Okay, so maybe he didn't try all that hard to get out of the way once he fetched up there. But trying reverse in the past was risking your gearbox.)

2. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Really disappointing for US fan about Speed. I thought he was doing a really good job. Seemed to me he was usually ahead of Tonio. It is only Vettel's first race but admittedly he should be expected to struggle the rest of the year.

Anyway, Berger rates among the biggest morons in F1 for me. I hated him when he was at Ferrari, and enjoyed seeing him bring down Benetton, which proved how useless he was.

About Massa, I don't understand why they didn't change his tires after they refueled him. They were ready. They really missed the boat on a track that you can't pass on when Alonso and McL are penalized.

Kimi might surprise if he has a good race pace. Probably heavy-ish fuel load.