Huge mansions in US...post pictures or web links | Page 16 | FerrariChat

Huge mansions in US...post pictures or web links

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by vipermann123, May 30, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Wondering what the property taxes are on a $150M house?

2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
  3. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
  4. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
  5. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Some cool houses now I wanted to share one here in Canada. The reason is a little close to home as my uncle purchase +10 acres of land YEARS ago. He wanted a place for his business and an investment land. Development has come closer and closer to the years and it appears he is sitting on a goldmine that will set him clear into retirement.

This is a house that just went for sale (almost literally across the street).

Slideshow: 18 photos of the $17-million Vaughan palace that real estate watchers can?t stop talking about | Toronto Life

6. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
  7. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    Don't know if it has been posted yet. Didn't back read much of the thread. My favorite site for real estate: Pricey Pads I Luxury Real Estate Blog Covers the United States, Canada and Europe.

8. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
  9. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
  10. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    Both are nice places. Boating is my second favorite activity besides driving. A big 5 car or more garage and boat garage would be my dream set up.

11. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Is it me or have the prices of huge mansions really gone crazy the past 2/3 years? $20m used to be rare. Now it seems it's the entry price, anywhere in the world.

12. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    Prices have gone up to levels in most places. I frequently look at Beverly Hills for fun, I like the area. I lived in Paradise Valley, AZ and Incline Village, NV, also watch those markets. Since I live near it Vancouver and surrounding areas and as far as Kelowna, BC. All these places have gone up the past 5 years.

Vancouver is easily explainable, its the number one destination for wealthy mainland Chinese. According to a recent study 70% of the houses sold over $3million was mainland Chinese buyers. Now two things will happen. Those that bought in the last 5 years, have lost 20% to 40% on their real estate due to a 70cent dollar. With the break down in China, might be a massive Chinese sell off in Canada. Or they may want to flee China with their wealth.

13. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
  14. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
  15. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
  16. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    This was the best deal in Canada Private Rural Setting ? $3,288,000 | Pricey Pads it sold for $2.8 million. I know the real estate agent that sold it. It needed to be finished and lots of things needed to be redone. He said it needed about $1million to be liveable. Still a bargain.

17. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason

What a steal! $3MM around here barely gets 5,500 sq ft! Man nice deal!!

18. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    It was probably the best deal in Canada. The guy building it died just before it was finished. His window listed it originally at $15million. She decided she wanted it gone and basically gave it away. Near it, someone is selling 74 acres of raw land asking $1.7 million. You couldn't buy that land and build a similar house for under $3million.

19. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike

A good friend and pseudo-business partner of mine owned that house. He actually just sold it a week or two ago. The year he bought it ( '11 or '12 I believe) it made the list on the Forbe's Top 10 most outrageous real estate deals of the year (or something like that). The original owner was a car dealer- he supposedly had either @ 21MM or 28MM in the place.

Mike

20. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
  21. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Yikes! 80% off of build cost!

That's like Vegas 2011 bad.

22. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    Yep, the widow wanted it gone. The problem with a big house on acreage. Even empty it needs to be maintained.

Second problem with a big multi million dollar home. Most times its built to check all the builders boxes and is custom. When you go to sell it, might not check buyers boxes. Add in the buyer can afford to build their own custom mansion. Therefore most multi million dollar homes sit on the market awhile.

23. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  24. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    It is nice. But not overlooking a lake. Its on Vancouver Island and its ocean views.

The agent makes a big mistake not actually showing the incredible views. He should also include some shop photos.

That house does have a little competition. Vancouver Island?s ?Villa Madrona? Back On The Market for $9.5-Million (PHOTOS) | Pricey Pads you loose a shop and space for cars. But gain being on the water. Plus they dropped the price to $7.9 million. Not shown is the house next door is included as a guest house. Its separate title. So you could sell it and get the price down a little more. Its a great deal.