How to reset the brake pressure difference indicator? | FerrariChat

How to reset the brake pressure difference indicator?

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by raemin, Feb 2, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    I've flushed the brake circuit which triggered the brake warning light. I was just expecting the alarm to go away once the pressure would settle again. I can assume pressure is now balanced (this was 6 months ago...), but I still have the warning on the dashboard.

There is a brief diagram in the workshop manual (section G3), but no explanation on how to bring the "movable element" (ref 6 in the diagram) back to the center.

2. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    I have an idea that should work but I have not had a need to do it. Do you know which side it is on? It's no matter as it will only take two tries if you don't know. With your multi-meter checking the switch, open fluid connection on one side and have helper gently apply brakes to see if meter switches continuity. If that does not work, try the other side. I suspect if one pushes brake pedal two hard it might flip to the opposite side. This is just an informed guess. Let me know if you try it.
    Ken

3. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    That's basically how I blocked it! I was bleeding one side then the other.
    You might be right doing it the other way round would do the trick. I will remove the contact (7) and will try your idea. Nothing to loose after all.

4. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    It does look like that, if a spool is deflected too far, its seal groove could hang up on the Sensor's plunger end -- so you might try just removing the Sensor, 7, hoping the spools recenter, and then reinstall the Sensor, 7. If you remove the Sensor, 7, and the threaded plug shown on the left side in your jpeg, you should be able to fish out the spools and springs and clean things up (if the spools themselves are hung up in the bore). It looks like to reassemble you should install both springs and both spools, and lastly the Sensor, 7. Just some random thoughts based on the figure...