How many NSX owners? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

How many NSX owners?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by 96cobrakid, Feb 10, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MiamieNeSeX

MiamieNeSeX Formula Junior

May 29, 2004
    I am sure some of it has to do with the fact that 2005 is the last year that they will be produced.

Armando

2. SELLER

SELLER Karting

Jul 18, 2005
    Chicago
  3. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    Since the last 348 vs. NSX thread was started....probably the whole NSXPrimers are here :)

4. MCM

MCM Rookie

Aug 1, 2005
    #104 MCM, Oct 23, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. Dan Ciezniewzky

Dan Ciezniewzky Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    Those wheels are freakin aweseome!!!
    Are they Zanardis??

6. Da Hapa

Da Hapa Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2005
    Dana Point, CA
    Full Name:
    Christian Asis
    Yes they are and let me be the first to tell you how unbelievably nice MCM's 1994 NSX is. You'd be shocked to learn that his front end hasn't been repainted because despite having the milage his car enjoys... it looks brand new.

Nice to see you over here, MCM.

7. michaelCTSC

michaelCTSC Formula Junior

Jul 25, 2005
    East Brunswick, NJ
    Full Name:
    Michael Lasko
    #107 michaelCTSC, Oct 25, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. Da Hapa

Da Hapa Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2005
    Dana Point, CA
    Full Name:
    Christian Asis
    Hey Mike-

Not to get off topic but I meant to follow up with you after NSXPO.

How 'bout them Angels?

9. MCM

MCM Rookie

Aug 1, 2005
    Most really into cars can be found on a few boards.
    User names can hide the fact.......

10. michaelCTSC

michaelCTSC Formula Junior

Jul 25, 2005
    East Brunswick, NJ
    Full Name:
    Michael Lasko
    HOW BOUT THEM SOX!

11. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay

Funny you said that, I went to Disney and a couple I know went in their 355, as we were talking near the cars a group of people were staring at the cars and the majority picked the NSX as the car they licked the most the way it looked.

12. Ferrari330P4

Ferrari330P4 Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2005
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Karl

Id have a NSX over a 355 anyday

13. Dan Ciezniewzky

Dan Ciezniewzky Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    i had the choice to get a NSX or 355 in the fall or wait till spring and get a 360...i got the NSX and don't even slightly regret it at all.
    when Ferrari starts to build desent quality and reliable cars Ill by one, till then Im get'n lambos, sorry :(
    Id rather drive em then look at them sitting in the shop, time and time and time again as my wallets gets drained, even if i hit the lotto tommorrow its just to much bs for me :(

14. Da Hapa

Da Hapa Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2005
    Dana Point, CA
    Full Name:
    Christian Asis
    You mean the Red Sox that came from behind 3-0 last year to beat the Yank's or the White Sox that played the Halo's in the ALCS while the Yank's were at home watching it on tv:)

15. nsxmike

nsxmike Rookie

Nov 5, 2005
    Issaquah, Wa
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I have owned three NSX's and find them very reliable and reasonable to maintain, the last one I owned I sold with 175k miles on it. Yes it was a 92' and I drove it every day but the only real costs were 90k major tune up with all belts and pumps for about $1,700 and a new tranny at 120k for about $5,000....oh yes radiator hose at lets say 160k and drivers side door handle for $300. Not bad, I thought. I could almost spend that much on my accord.

What isn't as cheap is the comptech supercharger and other gear I got for the NSX I replaced it with...about $25,000. But who really complains all that much when your car drives and handles like a bat out of hell!!!

16. Silverstone05

Silverstone05 Rookie

Mar 3, 2006
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I've got a Silver 05' as well. Fantastic car.

17. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
    I've got a red 91. As much as I'd like a F-car, I just don't think I could swing the maintenance/payments. With my nsx, I had it paid for in two and a half years and now only have to maintain it. I'll spend less than $2000/yr on everything including maintenance, tire, registering and insurance and I track mine too.

18. brokenarrow

brokenarrow F1 Rookie

Sep 25, 2006
    Txass
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I enjoyed in when I had it, but all will agree the car is very underpowered and seriously dated and in need of a major overhaul in the looks department. There's no doubt they CAN build an incredible car and why they are discontinuing the model is a complete mystery to me. I'd love to see them rework the body and pep up the engine to the 400hp area w/a vtech. You would have, as others have mentioed, the lowest maintenance sports car on the planet.

Oh, you mention maintenance? I've had my 360 three months and the clutch has begun to slip. When all is said and done I will be out over $5k. More than I spent on the NSX the entire time I owned it (X3). I do love my Ferrari, though.

19. Patricio

Patricio Rookie

Jul 15, 2007
    CC Philadelphia
    Figured I would ad to this thread since I love my NSX, its not as underpowered as people think.

With Headers, Exhaust and a 300lbs weight loss NSX's will run mid 12 1/4's reliably for 100k+ miles 16 years later
    This can be seen by the early NSX type-r's that were "OEM" running 12's with under 300HP.

Unlike most countries manufactures where Headers and exhaust only free up 5-15 hp due to emissions regulations.
    On the NSX 270HP stock changes to 310HP with just Headers, Exhaust & Intake.

Allot of people don't know that......
    Japanese cars in 1980- early 1990's were limited by government regulation to 276HP IN ADDITION to emissions.
    Unlike other German, Italian & American manufactures that were only limited to emissions regulations.
    Thats why the RX7, Supra, Skyline, NSX all were restricted to 276hp stock
    These were actually manufactured for over 300hp than restricted by 30-50 hp to comply with the Government.

Because of the 276 Flywheel HP regulation, the NSX engineers concentrated on two things Weight and RWHP
    So there fore they developed a advanced Drive train that only loses 12% compared to most cars at 17%.
    The NSX pushes 310hp/272rwhp after Headers and intake not the JDM Government restricted stock 276hp/242rwhp.

270rwhp on a 2800lbs NSX will run the 12's 1/4's which on a great handling road racing car is enough for most.
    If thats not enough a $10k supercharger or Turbo @ 6PSI on stock internals will put out 400rwhp RELIABLY.
    You can build a 11 second reliable/drivable weekend track car for under $15k in upgrades.

20. nsxnick

nsxnick Formula 3

Jul 24, 2001
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Nick
    go sell your sanity somewhere else. you are preaching to a crowd with a passion for cars that are the antithesis of the nsx.

21. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    All I know is that I have a thing for the NSX and maybe will buy another one in the future.