How many NSX owners? | FerrariChat

How many NSX owners?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by 96cobrakid, Feb 10, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 96cobrakid

96cobrakid Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Just curious how many NSX owners are on the site and what they thought of them. One of my close frinds is taking delivery on a siver 05' next week I believe and the mod's are already flowing through his head. Any input would be appreciated.

2. ceeya32

ceeya32 Karting

Nov 23, 2004
    So. N.J.
    Full Name:
    Mike Massaro
    I own a 96 for sale on this site. It is an awesome, reliable, everyday sportscar. Can't say anything bad about it, like driving on the head of an arrow. A little underpowered I quess, but it's all I can handle. Your friend will love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. AZLambo

AZLambo Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I have owned two different '91 NSX's, one auto and one stick.
    The NSX is a wonderful car that drives great. Just wish they would have updated it body-wise. Only updates were wheels in '94, targa top in '95, HP gain in '97, headlight change in 2002. I could be missing other minor changes.

My .02.

AZFerrari

4. shiggins

shiggins Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    I will own one. I wanted to buy one, but couldn't find a used version to my liking and couldn't justify the new cars sticker price. I would love a comptech equiped NSX. If I ever see a good used version for sale, I will snatch it up.

I surf www.nsxprime.com on occasion, it's a decent site.

5. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Former 97 owner. Great car, hated the clutch feel, loved the shifter feel. Nice sound, comfortable. Heat worked well top off in cold weather. Stuck like glue and could drive circles around my 328.

But I hated that springy clutch though. I love nice stiff clutches..

6. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Yes, nsxprime is definitely the best nsx website i've seen. they have lots of ads, events, pictures, everything

7. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    I've had a '96 and now a '92. I prefer the coupes. Mine is currently for sale simply to make room to try something else. Great cars. They are so well balenced and engineered. For reliability, it is probably the best sports car out there.

8. Muteki

Muteki Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2004
    Guam
    I would like to purchase one as a daily driver and keep the Ferrari for the special occassions. I love the way and NSX looks, it drives like a rice burner (go figure), and its reliable. I had a 91 before and I kick myself in the ass for letting go of it. It had allot of low end torque, but I sold it to be able to get the Ferrari. Which is a step up IMO. I hate to move down the ladder, but my daily driver is a Firebird, so I guess I would be stepping up if I bought anotehr NSX. Does anyone have an NSX-T? I am interested in finding out if its as reliable? Thanks.

9. druby

druby Rookie

Feb 11, 2005
    I was looking at this site for the first time and saw this post. I have a 98 NSX and love it. It has the nice look of an exotic with decent power and excellent handling. Before I bought I had looked at Ferrari's but was put of by the cost of tune ups and other service work. My 60,000 tune up on NSX will set me back $650. Since it is my every day driver I really appreciate that. While I will always desire a ferrari one day I'll stick with NSX for now.

10. kennyyellow360

kennyyellow360 Karting

Apr 20, 2004
    The O.C.
    I picked up a 98 nsx 2 months ago, and it's udergoing some major mods, I love everything about the car. One thing I must say is that it's uderpower, but with a hi-boost supercharger that I just put in, it's putting out 380hp to the wheel, even faster than my 360 modena. For a everyday driving sport car, it's the best!

11. shiggins

shiggins Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    Pictures man!!
    Who did you get your SC from??

12. 4RE Bob

4RE Bob Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I had a 95 NSX-T for 6 years. I liked it better than the F option at the time (348).

Bulletproof car. Lovely gear shift. Slight shudder launching the car in 1st gear (common problem) a tad too much understeer for my liking. Would have preferred a non targa but only Ts were available in 95. Coupe is stiffer. Eats tires!

Next to my Modena, it's the best car I've owned.

13. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I had a Black / Black '95 NSX-T. Car was phenomenol. Fun to drive, very tossable, bulletproof engine, and quite a looker. Loved the car, and anticipate having another one in the garage at some point in the future fo' sho'!

nsxprime.com is one of the best auto forums, period. Subtle, well-designed, knowlegeable members, great marketplace, and a nice member-to-member trade system are just some of the benefits.

The change from 2001 / 2002 was a significant one, with much more than the headlight. New motor, new wheels, new body trim, new headlights, new wheel (rims + tire size), mods to electronics (keyless entry, etc.), and many other.

14. Muteki

Muteki Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2004
    Guam
    Thanks for the intel on the NSX-T. As soon as I finish the restoration project on the Ferrari, I will start to track down a NSX-T for my daily driver. Is there anything especially that I should look out for? I do know from owning several Grand Nationals in the past, I should make sure the oil feed lines for the turbo have been changed every 10k -15k miles to insure no turbo burnout, but anything else you can think of? Thanks.

15. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Oopsie-daisy. I fear we are talking about two different things: a Targa (me) vs. a Turbo (you)?!

16. kennyyellow360

kennyyellow360 Karting

Apr 20, 2004
    The O.C.
    Car is at a body shop getting a wide-body kit and new paint, I will post pic next week. Comptech hi boost supercharger kit.

17. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    I have a mint 91 Black/black and its great. However if you need something more powerful I would buy one with the mods on it already, provided it was done recently and properly. The resale on the mods is very low. Supercharging is the way to go here. I'm currently looking at Boxers ,at the other end of the mid-engined spectrum!

18. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Muteki
    As stated earlier, NSX-T means Targa roof, not turbo. All NSX's are non-aspirated. However, there are some very good supercharger and turbo aftermarket systems available.

19. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I love NSX's, I see a few here and there in Calgary. It looks good but it seems under powered for the price

20. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    #20 ghost, Feb 11, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    A picture of my baby.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. shiggins

shiggins Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    Beautiful!

22. lee168

lee168 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Yes, all NSX's are normally aspirated, not turbo charged. I had 2 before. One 1992 five-speed and #7 of the 1999 Alex Zanardi Limited Edition. I sold both to make room for other cars back in 2000. I should have kept at least the #7...

23. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Funny thing about being underpowered is that they just about match a 355's performance. (The NA2s)

24. spyderman33

spyderman33 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004
    MIA/ATL
    Full Name:
    Julian
    #24 spyderman33, Feb 12, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  25. spyderman33

spyderman33 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004
    MIA/ATL
    Full Name:
    Julian
    I think you mean "normally aspirated"....