HORRIBLE holiday accident pcar 241 fwy! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

HORRIBLE holiday accident pcar 241 fwy!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by TestShoot, Nov 24, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Good point. I was reading recently that the current remote technology can be hacked very easily with a laptop. The remote key manufacturers have done little to improve technology because I'm assuming they can get away with current technology. OTOH, I don't think that this would necessarily stop some rebellious teenager who's drunk from doing something else harmful. 18, booze, sports car and inexperience, is a bad combo. This incident was very similar to the kids who took their uncle's Stradale in Anaheim and wrapped it around a tree and were killed.

2. Bill S

Bill S Formula 3

Oct 2, 2004
    I don't believe there's any head protection in a Porsche Carrera convertible. When that car flipped over, that girl didn't have a chance, even at a much slower speed.

3. cobra99

cobra99 Rookie

Oct 24, 2005
    Ive also heard that besides being drunk she had just gotten in an argument with her parents and thats when she took off with the car.

4. ExclusiveMotorcars

Jan 4, 2006
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Rob Leighton
    holy ****... as a car dealer / 21yo, I strongly recommend buying your kid something easy-going for a first car like a prius, or something that doesn't easily go 100MPH. My first car was an old Cadillac - the brakes sucked, the steering / handling was even worse, acceleration was a joke... but it turned me into a good driver as I had to anticipate every single move way before it happened, plus they don't make solid cars like that anymore... and now I drive Lambos & Ferraris on a daily basis :) its a shame to hear the story, I send my condolences to the girls' family.

5. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Those pictures are horrible and i send my condolences to the family. 18 years old is much too young, RIP.

6. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Too much blood and body parts.

Porsche seems to lend itself to some terrible accidents, the drivers' pool of Pcar owners seems frightening.

7. jakopyan

jakopyan Karting

Feb 24, 2004
    It is very sad to hear that a family has lost a loved one but is it really necessary to post such graphic photos of the accident? Is it supposed to send a message to people to be more careful? I think we are all aware of the consequences of driving at such high speeds. Can you imagine if someone from that family of the deceased who hasn't seen photos of the accident and suddenly sees it published on the web or on FChat? I don't think they would ever be able to recover from the trauma. If at all possible can we refrain from contributing to such irreparable damage. Thank you.

8. mnmblu

mnmblu Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2005
    Studio City CA
    Full Name:
    Alan S. Greene
    Well, I have reservations about that. It may give someone some food for thought.

I, for one, am very sad for such a young beautiful girl and her family, a great tragedy.

Now given that fact, I think this serves as a reminder that these cars can get away from you and the results can be devastating. I know the next time I think about driving at close to reckless speeds, she will come to mind and may influence my decision making. Shock can sometimes work wonders on people. They used films in traffic school that were pretty graphic inasmuch as they make an impact on people. An Ohio Trooper film called, "Blood on the Highway" comes to mind. I never forgot that film.

Soooo, as graphic and disturbing as they are, they may save someone else's life in the future, if you know what I mean.

9. mnmblu

mnmblu Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2005
    Studio City CA
    Full Name:
    Alan S. Greene
    Hmmm, have you seen the horrific Enzo crashes lately? It's just that there are more Porsches out there than Ferrari's. Has nothing to do with "pools".

10. MetalSolid

MetalSolid Karting

May 23, 2004
    Those pictures are very graphic, too graphic for a direct link. I've heard schools here use the tactic of showing graphic images to get kids to slow down; no doubt this poor girl also was shown similar images. This tactic simply doesn't work. All you end up with is a society of people driving scared as they get older, and kids who think they're invincible driving no better.

If you really hate your kids, give 'em a powerful sports car right after they leave school...

11. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    ouch,
    RIP,

12. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    agreed

13. Brav

Brav Formula 3

Nov 20, 2005
    OC, Rome
    Full Name:
    Chris
    this is the correct story. car was technically "stolen" after arguement with parents.

The car was NOT given to her.

14. RobertM

RobertM Formula 3

Apr 17, 2005
    Weston, Florida
    Full Name:
    Robert M
    WOW, very graphic, BUT REAL. I think that we all take chances from time to time with our machines. My heart and prayers goes out to her family and friends.

A picture is worth a thousand words - SPEED kills - PERIOD. I always felt that those types of photos SHOULD be shown to high school kids, etc.

It really makes you think, that could to happen to anyone and at anytime.

15. OC Speed Junkie

OC Speed Junkie Formula 3

Aug 6, 2005
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    I think I need to have a talk with my parents.

Pictures stay or go is not my place to say. With my background and what I have seen, I didn't find them disturbing, or horrible. However, most everyone else did. I forwarded these pictures to several of my friends and family members with a reminded especially this year to take it easy, drive safe and assertively. That it is better to show up late than not at all. When you are a teenager you are invincible. I was until I got my wakeup call. If I had kids I would show them this. They might brush it off or they might take that extra moment of thought next time they are driving or are with someone else pushing it in a car.

16. AeroGT3RedWing

AeroGT3RedWing Formula Junior

Nov 14, 2004
    Central Coast, Calif
    Full Name:
    Tim P.
    I don't think the level of gore presented in those pictures is what anyone who clicked on those links expected to see. The general consensus on what "gore" is is certainly much lower than what those pics present. All you could do is edit it to say EXTREMELY GRAPHIC, much worse than you expect. On another site with the same pics, the poster said that the pics showed the girls head after having basically exploded. Would it be hard for you to add one sentence like that in?

I was not shown anything like that. Graphic images? We were shown cars after wrecks. We never saw the human damage, which, IMO, is much more compelling and emotional than seeing steel being bent.

17. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    My post included 16 exclamation points, and removed for the squeamish disclaimers. So anybody that still wants to yell at me for this should probably read the post before blindly clicking on links.

18. sapple89

sapple89 Karting

Oct 21, 2006
    L.A.
    Full Name:
    sapple
    Last night my friend made the worst decision of his life. He was ata party drinking, got into a car headed off with a drunk driver and two 15yr girls in the back to pick up more drinks. their 1st stop was pavillions on beverly drive and olympic(in beverlyhills) They knew he was already drunk so they didn not sell him any more drinks. after that they headed 2 blocks west to a ralphs were they got more drinks. the driver was a 26 year old actor in prizon break. he was speeding his car jumped the curb skid about 20ft when he hit a tree (front passanger side where my friend V was sitting) he wasnt wearing a seatbelt and the range nose it the ground the back tires came up before e of rolling onto the drivers side. THIS MESSAGE IS TO WEAR UR SEATBELT. v wasnt wearing his seatbelt and flew out of the car, he later died at the hospital around 2 am. a police officer broke the news to me and 20 other friends who went to the hospital. they are currently lighting candles i can post pics later but not of the crash. got bless.

i just found out that the story is on the front of aol. he died at the age of 17.
    2days ago he got his license and now he will never drive because of one man. one girl is still in the hospital with a torn liver or something like that. everyone else surrvived.

NO FATHER SHOULD HAVE TO BARRY HIS OWN SON!

comming from a 17 year old highschool student (me) raise you kid properly, get involved because what you dont know can kill. another kid whom i do not know died bc a drunk driver decided drive on the freeway going the wrong way killing a college student.
    (died on 12/2/2006)
    R.I.P. V let got be with you

19. gabriel1475

gabriel1475 Rookie

Jan 18, 2007
    After reading about this just recently, I was...like anyone....curious to see the results of such a horrific accident, and it's effects upon a driver.

But...WHERE??? Has anyone tried to find those images lately? You would have an easier time of starting a roaring fire with soggy sticks. Amazing how "someone/s" were very skillful at removing any and all traces that those images ever existed. Isnt this censorship on some level????

Please...someone post these, or email them to me. This is no long mere curiosity...this has become A QUEST!

Many thanks.

20. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin

21. 1ual777

1ual777 F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    For those who have seen the pics, just remember them as you blast down the freeway at 90+ mph. For those that have not, just be careful.
    They are far too graphic to ever be removed from your memory once you have seen them.

22. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Maybe It's a good idea to show the horrific graphics to some younger age drivers specially teenagers so that it will give them something to think about before they do something stupid.

23. luv2detail

luv2detail Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2006
    North Carolina & SoCal
    Full Name:
    Jason
  24. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA