HORRIBLE holiday accident pcar 241 fwy! | FerrariChat

HORRIBLE holiday accident pcar 241 fwy!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by TestShoot, Nov 24, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    I dont care who YOU think YOU are and how well you think YOUR kids are prepared for driving their new 911, but I believe teens should not be allowed to own cars capable of 100+ mph until some kind of advanced certification.

Porsche 911 Carrera Loses Control

quote [ An Ladera Ranch woman was killed in a two-car collision on the south side of the Eastern (241) Toll Road in Lake Forest on Tuesday.

Nicole Catsouras, 18, lost control of a black Porsche 911 Carrera while attempting to pass another vehicle at more than 100 mph, California Highway Patrol officials said. ]

NSFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    An Ladera Ranch woman was killed in a two-car collision on the south side of the Eastern (241) Toll Road in Lake Forest on Tuesday.

Nicole Catsouras, 18, lost control of a black Porsche 911 Carrera while attempting to pass another vehicle at more than 100 mph, California Highway Patrol officials said.

The Porsche crossed the center median, traveled across north lanes and the Alton Parkway southbound on-ramp, before colliding into a toll booth building.

Catsouras was pronounced dead at the scene from head trauma.

Police said she was attempting to pass a gray Honda Civic traveling about 70 mph in the far left lane, when the Porsche clipped the Honda and lost control.

The Honda then veered to the left and hit the center median.

The driver of the Honda, a 20-year-old man from Rancho Santa Margarita, was taken by ambulance to Mission Hospital with minor to moderate injuries. Both drivers were wearing seatbelts.

Police found open alcoholic beverage containers inside of the Honda but alcohol is not suspected as a cause of the collision, CHP officials said.

A toll booth operator was believed to be in the structure at the time of the accident. There were no additional injuries, CHP officials said.

Unconfirmed pictures of the accident scene:
    (GRAPHIC! Embedded pics removed for the squeamish... Sorry, folks.)
    http://img109.imageshack.us/my.php?image=4gd7.jpg

http://img74.imageshack.us/my.php?image=5rq1.jpg

http://img508.imageshack.us/my.php?image=3sl2.jpg
    Worst Job EVAR

http://img476.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2kn5.jpg

http://img117.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1pz8.jpg

Thanks to "boburanus" in the comments for these extra pics:
    http://img119.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wreck2ew5.jpg

http://img49.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wreck1rp9.jpg

http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wreck3ho5.jpg
    The Other Guy

Original News Article:
    http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/news/local/communities/rsm/article_1340232.php

2. charlie_ludden

charlie_ludden F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2005
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Charles
  3. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    Terrible tragedy, especially around the holidays. And please take those advisories seriously, the images are extremely graphic. Please be careful out there folks. We did a little fun run yesterday and everybody was cool and controlled while still enjoying the cars. I, personally, have a Saleen Mustang at my disposal for the weekend and know first hand how easy it is to overstep the limits of the car even when trying to be careful. Let's make sure our families can fully enjoy the holidays too.

4. AlbacoreDaze

AlbacoreDaze Rookie

Jun 27, 2005
    I saw those pics. last wednesday on another website... one word "SAD".
    Everyone be same out there.

5. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

This happened a few weeks back. Terrible tragedy.

6. Ryan in SD

Ryan in SD Formula Junior

Mar 1, 2005
    San Diego
    100 mph is so easy these days. 30mph difference between the 2 cars is not too drastic...its just that hitting solid objects at speed really F things up. They need a speed reduction system infront of every solid object!

All in all, very sad.

7. Racer98

Racer98 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 7, 2005
    Encino.
    Full Name:
    K-Fence.
    I heard about this, Im very sorry to hear about this and my condolence and prayers are with the family.

8. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
  9. rscholl

rscholl Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2003
    Houston,TX
    Very sad. I wonder who got access to those pics. Graphic is an understatement. Those really made me feel sick. I wonder if the result would have been different in a coupe. Probably not at that speed...

10. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    makes me wonder though, a coupe could have deflected some of the trama. it was not until the last few pics i realized how the car had flipped over and hit the building. seems most of the head trauma was from the concrete structure. very sad. graphic as they are, pics like this MAKE ME slow down when i get all froggy and want to speed.

11. KraigG

KraigG Formula 3

May 25, 2006
    Willow Springs
    Full Name:
    Kraig
    Never having taken THIS tollroad, I wonder why either car was travelling so fast coming up to a toll booth-isn't there some sort of warning there? Lights? Speed bumps in the road?

12. the_jay

the_jay Formula 3

Apr 26, 2005
    Murrieta, California
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Its pretty easy to drive 100 on the 241 toll lane-

sad to see.

13. Racer98

Racer98 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 7, 2005
    Encino.
    Full Name:
    K-Fence.
    very fast paced - its more or less like the autoban or auto strada, this car jumped across the lanes. an on too the other side of the road !

14. Racer98

Racer98 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 7, 2005
    Encino.
    Full Name:
    K-Fence.
    as sad as this is, I have also seen the 1st hand results from a P-car rolling and its a not a very good situation.

15. 951

951 Karting

May 24, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Very, very sad. Poor girl shouldn't have been given that car.

Everyone, pay attention to the warnings! I had seen a few of the pictures before, but I hadn't seen the pictures which included the girl in the picture! Proceed with caution. Extremely graphic indeed.

16. rakjoe

rakjoe Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe R.
    I believe she was doing way over 100 mph based on the severity of the impact, more like 130-150 mph.

17. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Agreed. Way faster than 100.

18. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
  19. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    OOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!

MAN that was nasty! From the looks of it she didn't feel a thing.

20. Racer98

Racer98 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 7, 2005
    Encino.
    Full Name:
    K-Fence.
    with the holiday season on us all, many of us take for granted a lot of things and when you lose a family member its just really a horribile situation to try to get thru the Holiday season. Just an awaful situation.

21. NomadM3

NomadM3 Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Damon

Agreed. Such a tragic thing to happen to anyone.

Those pictures really did it for me. Nothing has ever made me think about my driving habits more than those pictures. I truly felt sick after looking at them. So sad. My condolences to the family.

Be safe out there guys!

22. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    anybody ever see such wonderful snuff films as red asphalt, blood on the highway? my dad made me watch those at the police academy before i got my license :(

23. Racer98

Racer98 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 7, 2005
    Encino.
    Full Name:
    K-Fence.
    drive slow and save it for the track not the street, still with the ticket I got this past weekend, still in an area like rockstore I never consider an area to speed or show off. so dangerious and with pedistrians,Cyclist, overzelious motor cycle rideres and just way to many drivers who want tho show off in general.

Sill, just OMG wow that makes you wake up and say and think how any one drivers.

24. Ermanno Claypool

Ermanno Claypool Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2006
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Ermanno
    Quote.
    It's aterrible tragedy,indeed.

May her rest in peace.

25. OC Speed Junkie

OC Speed Junkie Formula 3

Aug 6, 2005
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    I drive on the 241 several times per week. It is a road where speeds in the 100+ can very comfortably be maintained for long periods of time in a sports car. She made a mistake. We have all made them and many of us while we still push things do so with a sense of caution. Unfortunately, she will never get that chance.
    My sincerest condolences to her family and may she rest peacefully.